TV Talk

Off-topic discussions about anything you please!

Moderator: gillian

Postby Turk » Fri May 11, 2007 9:51 am

ScottG wrote:Best episode of Survivor EVER last night. Yes, I still watch Survivor.

I haven't watched Survivor since little miss pouty Elisabeth from The View was on there.

Anybody know who won The Amazing Race?
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby keith from ny » Mon May 14, 2007 12:18 pm

It was really good to see Sarah Shahi on The Sopranos last night, but that "love scene" with Tony just seemed a very sad affair after Carmen & Shane! Image
I don't know nothing except change will come
keith from ny
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby ScottG » Mon May 14, 2007 9:18 pm

Rob, I don't know if I'd watch on-line. The first several episodes were quite boring. Many of the people were completely intolerable. Initially, one team basked in luxury while the other suffered without fire, food, water, etc. Predictably, the starving team got descimated at the challenges. The last 6 or so shows got quite good. One real blindside, no outstanding backstabs, really just one unpredictable and deceitful stupidly turning on his alliance.
"Indifferent, but distanced perfectly
Projected endlessly, it’s so FUCKING beautiful!!!"
ScottG
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby kcguy » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:30 pm

CBS has reversed the decision to cancel Jericho, after a huge fan campaign. Tons of "nuts" were sent to the network ("Nuts" is what "Jake" [Skeet Ulrich} said when he was asked to surrender by the leader of a neighboring town that was attacking Jericho.). They're going to make 7 new episodes for mid-season. Yea! Jericho was my favorite new series last year.

Rescue Me starts a new season next week!
kcguy
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Turk » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:26 am

Anyone watching the last of The Sopranos?
Any predictions?

================================

I'm wondering if John From Cincinnati will be worth the effort considering the David Milch Deadwood fiasco.

================================

I'm through with Grey's Anatomy.
Speaking of which:

Washington Out of `Grey's Anatomy'

LOS ANGELES - Isaiah Washington has lost his job on the hit ABC medical drama "Grey's Anatomy," five months after creating a furor with his use of an anti-gay slur.

Washington's contract option was not renewed for next season, series producer ABC Television Studios said Thursday.

"I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore," Washington said in a statement released through his publicist, Howard Bragman, without elaboration.

He drew fire after using the anti-gay epithet backstage at the Golden Globe Awards in January while denying he'd used it previously on the set against cast mate T.R. Knight.

Gay rights groups and cast member Katherine Heigl, who publicly denounced Washington, were among his most vocal critics.

"This is something that will have changed the scope of his life," Heigl told Entertainment Weekly last month. Washington was "sorry and embarrassed" for the mistake, she said.

Washington tried to make amends and said he was seeking therapy.

He also met with officials from the Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network and the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation and filmed a public service announcement in which he said "words have power" to hurt or heal.

The May finale of "Grey's Anatomy" opened the door for the departure of his character. Burke was on the verge of marrying Dr. Cristina Yang (Sandra Oh), but her doubts at first delayed and then derailed their splashy wedding.

Later, Yang found that Burke cleared out his favorite possessions from their apartment.

In May, Bragman said the actor intended to spend the summer working and not worrying about the show. Washington intended to continue his charity work in Sierra Leone, which a DNA test showed to be his ancestral home, and work on an independent movie.
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby gillian » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:26 am

Good to know about Jericho, as it's the gf's favorite show. I passed the good news along.

Sopranos: I'm hoping somehow Little Carmine takes a hit out on Phil and takes over the NY family. There have been some real shockers in the last few weeks of the show though. Surprising that so many people have died, but for a show like the Sopranos I think it was the right way to end it. We won't be left wondering what happened to so many of the people we knew... No way they're gonna kill Tony though (famous last words...)

Grey's: The finale was such an utter disappointment, and I liked Burke more than any of the other characters (except for Bailey). I really don't want to watch George's life disintegrate, Christina cry over her life, and Meredith continue to fuck up her relationship. And without Addison (the other one who I could actually stand), forget it.
gillian
Founder
Founder

Postby B Minus Time Traveler » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:20 am

kcguy wrote:CBS has reversed the decision to cancel Jericho, after a huge fan campaign.

Can we do the same thing for Veronica Mars? I remember that a bunch of Mars bars (and then, Snickers w/almonds since the Mars bar was discontinued and the Mars bar store that people were buying the bar from ran out). I am so, so sad that the CW gave up on this show. Yes, season 3 was a bit lackluster, but still. Better than a lot of other crap on that network, and from the looks of it, better than any new stuff they're bringing on. I can't decide if I loved the finale for just being a "Season" finale and for the creators/writers for refusing to tack on anything, or if I yearn for closure. I really am upset at the CW for cancelling the show.
"You know, I cried when I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet. And then I laughed...really hard." - Jerri Blank
B Minus Time Traveler
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

The Closer...

Postby deaeterna » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:06 pm

Does anyone else find issue with Brenda's new tougher demeanor on The Closer...Oh, and it's on again tonight for anyone who hasn't gotten addicted yet...9/8CST, methinks.

Of course, I'm not saying I dislike the show and we're only one episode into the new season, but she's not as sweet somehow anymore...Not that she ever was totally sweet or anything. She's always been tough.

What else is on this summer? I can't seem to watch The 4400 or The Dead Zone anymore. I have been watching The Starter Wife even if it is a bit over the top and somewhat silly. It has its moments.

Does anyone watch Army Wives on Lifetime? I noticed Lili Taylor has a new series coming up for them, but I forget the name. Looks funny though.
deaeterna
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Jericho

Postby sandina » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:48 am

Below is a message from Carol Barbee to the fans of Jericho:

Thanks,
CBS Jericho Web Team

Dear Jericho Fans,

You did it. You brought JERICHO back. You have accomplished something that has only ever been done once before in television history. And you did it by becoming a passionate, articulate, creative, undeniable force. You people rock.

At some point in the future, maybe you could work on that world peace thing. I really think you could get it done.

But first things first.

CBS will be rebroadcasting episodes of JERICHO starting this Friday, July 6 at 9pm. We need you all to tune in. We need your friends to tune in. We need people who missed us the first time around to tune in and see what all the fuss is about. Most importantly, we need CBS to see that they were right to renew us. So, what do you say? Up for another challenge?

We, at the show, are forever in your debt. We hope the seven new (unbelievably awesome) episodes we are in the process of making will go towards repaying that debt, as well as getting us a third season. In the meantime, we’ll see you Friday nights at 9pm.

Thank you,

Carol Barbee

Executive Producer, JERICHO

Please check out this show -
Sandi
sandina
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby deaeterna » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:40 am

Does anyone else find A&E's reality shows oddly compelling? I love The First 48 even though the content disturbs me a bit at times - like when people torch dead bodies and shit. Ick! I try not to watch those episodes. Also, I think Intervention is oddly (and ironically) addictive.

Tracy
forum geek extraordinaire
deaeterna
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby RightOverThisMess » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:25 am

I try to watch Intervention every Friday night.
Nobody helps a liar.
...and you don't know what I've done.
RightOverThisMess
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby deaeterna » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:04 pm

Yep. The past few episodes of Intervention have either made me cry or kinda grossed me out!

I have been watching VH1's World Series of Pop Culture. I'm surprised by how much I actually know of this stuff!
deaeterna
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Kelsea » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:22 pm

I love the The World Series of Pop Culture as well as Best Week Ever and any of the series’s such as I love the 80’s.

Has anyone else seen the previews for Glenn Close’s new series on FX called Damages. Personally I love just about anything Glenn is in, but this looks like a really great series. It stars Glenn, Ted Danson and Rose Byrne. Anyways Close plays a high profile litigater sueing one of the countries wealthieset CEO’s (Danson) and Rose Byrne is her young and untainted protégé, of course with added drama/ itensity. Glenn Close looks as good ever, which doseen’t hurt.

I completely agree with everything mentioned about Grey's Anatomy, it’s really getting hard to watch. The writers are very bitter people. Killing off Meredith’s step mom was especially sucky. I didn't get Torres being named Chief of Medicine, I was really hoping Bailey would nab the job. And poor George, they couldn't have just left him alone? Izzie is really getting on my nerves as well, the whole Izzie being desperately in love with George bit is beyond annoying to me. I saw the Burke/ Christina thing coming but still… ouch. I wish Derek would just end it with Meredith already, she treats him pretty poorly. I don't think I’ll mind Burke's absence too much, but it's gonna suck without Addison. I’d like to see that probably overly jovial doctor (Dr. Hahn?) have a bigger role.

Via The Closer, I think there has been a little bit of a change in Brenda’s demeanor, but it seems to fit well with what the plot calls for. I don’t mind either way, both personalities are fun to watch. I’m loving the season so far, the episode with her lipstick cracked me up.
Kelsea
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby deaeterna » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:17 pm

Well, tonight's ep of The Closer was hilarious! Brenda seems to be getting a bit back to normal this season, but there's still a slight change in terms of toughness. I was surprised by the admission last ep that Gabriel was her favorite - not surprised that he was her favorite, but surprised that she would admit it.

I'm kinda looking forward the premier of Saving Grace with Holly Hunter. Any thoughts on that one? I think it's next week?
deaeterna
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby deaeterna » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:46 pm

Um, can anyone explain to me why A&E feels the need to show The Hunt For Red October every Saturday at this time? Just wondering if anyone could clue me in...Strange that...

TMR
deaeterna
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

PreviousNext

Return to The Watercooler