TV Talk

Off-topic discussions about anything you please!

Moderator: gillian

Postby RightOverThisMess » Sun May 24, 2009 9:31 pm

Turk, I just finished episode 2 and am loving this show! I already love the relationship between Walt and Jesse.
Nobody helps a liar.
...and you don't know what I've done.
RightOverThisMess
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Turk » Mon May 25, 2009 12:33 am

I am glad that you're enjoying the show, Carly. The relationship between Walt and Jesse is so wonderfully strange because they are polar opposites. Things escalate and intensify so much that it's hard to describe. I've never seen a TV show's premise quite like this one.

I hope you can download season 2. There are 13 episodes. I watched the 12th one tonight and the shocking last scene just clinched Bryan Cranston another Emmy nod. The season finale is next Sunday.
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby TontoBronto » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:57 am

Turk wrote:...... The season finale is next Sunday.
I've started watching the show this year. Was the finale the first time we got an explanation for the eyeless stuffed animal floating in the White's pool??

We saw the floating eye in episode 1 of Season 2 (I think) and the beginning of the finale, foreshadowing the final scene.
TontoBronto
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Turk » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:53 am

Tonto Yoder wrote:
Turk wrote:...... The season finale is next Sunday.
I've started watching the show this year. Was the finale the first time we got an explanation for the eyeless stuffed animal floating in the White's pool??

We saw the floating eye in episode 1 of Season 2 (I think) and the beginning of the finale, foreshadowing the final scene.

Hey, Bruce - I'm typing the rest in white below so Carly won't be spoiled.

Yes, the finale was FINALLY the explanation. There were four episodes that opened with the bear in the pool and the hazmat team looking over the damage and the 2 body bags. As it turns out, the names of those four eps were the clues to what finally happened. The eps were "Seven Thirty Seven," "Down," "Over," "ABQ." ---- 737 down over Alberquerque. While we were quite misled over these mysterious clues, quite a few people were pissed off because since this was happening around Walt's house that something else altogether was going to occur. I thought it was pretty ingenious myself.

Carly - You can see the first 2 eps of season 2 online here: http://www.amctv.com/videos/breaking-bad
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby TontoBronto » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:00 pm

Turk wrote:Hey, Bruce - I'm typing the rest in white below so Carly won't be spoiled.

Turk,
I'm typing my response in red.
TontoBronto
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby RightOverThisMess » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:46 pm

I finished Season 1 of Breaking Bad last night. I have Season 2 downloaded and I'll start watching tonight!

Bryan looks good bald. :D
Nobody helps a liar.
RightOverThisMess
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby RightOverThisMess » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:34 pm

Ok, I finished season 2 in two days. Magnificent.

I certainly have a newfound, overwhelming desire to NOT have my head squashed by an ATM.
Nobody helps a liar.
RightOverThisMess
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Turk » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:50 pm

I certainly have a newfound, overwhelming desire to NOT have my head squashed by an ATM.

Hahahaha, you and me both.

I'm not surprised you watched them all in 2 days. Sounds like me.
I thought the theme with the second season started out more dark and sinister.
Tuco's uncle Tio's bell. Profoundly startling with each ding.

The most fascinating episode to me was the next to last, where Walt made to the decision to not help Jane. I hated that she went out that way but I understand what Vince Gilligan wanted to say about Walt.

When he becomes Heisenberg, he is one dangerous psychopath.

Aaron Paul--Jesse--is just terrific, Yo.
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby RightOverThisMess » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:36 pm

I meant to comment on Walt's decision to not help Jane in the second-to-last episode. That entire situation was really sad. My heart broke when she decided to walk back to Jesse's room to relapse.

How do you feel about Hank? Sure, he's been through some traumatizing stuff but, god, I have a hard time liking him. And his wife sucks too.
Nobody helps a liar.
RightOverThisMess
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Turk » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:18 pm

Hank is an asshole and Marie is an idiot. I do think that deep down, Hank is a good person but not very bright--nor is she. Why has Hank not connected the dots with Walt yet? If I were cooking blue sky meth, I would want Hank tracking me.
I was so glad when Jesse and Jane hooked up. They were genuinely in love. They were just bad for each other. I wanted them to get clean and go to New Zealand. My heart broke for them both. And for Jane's father who we were just getting to know. The scene where he and Walt were talking in the bar was a little surprising.
I don't know but I think the next season will pick up where this one left off. Walt is pretty cool and calculating when he's under pressure. I'm wondering if he will "die" from falling debris. Know what I mean?
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby RightOverThisMess » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:52 pm

Do you remember at the beginning of one of the episodes (I can't remember which one) when a man found something washed up on shore? It was Tuco's grill that was encased and given to Hank. Was that ever resolved? Did I miss it?

People had to have died from the falling plane debris. I wonder who it affected.

I also wonder if Jane's dad will remain on the show. It would be interesting if they had him and Jesse form a relationship of some kind after he expressed his anger and hatred toward Jesse for supposedly causing Jane's downward spiral.
Nobody helps a liar.
RightOverThisMess
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Turk » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:37 pm

RightOverThisMess wrote:Do you remember at the beginning of one of the episodes (I can't remember which one) when a man found something washed up on shore? It was Tuco's grill that was encased and given to Hank. Was that ever resolved? Did I miss it?

The impression I got was that after Hank killed Tuco, he was gloating and acting a big shot and the fellow officers gave him Tuco's grill. He was then assigned to the job in Waco (where the tortoise and head exploded ) where he started experiencing PTStress from the incident. Hank threw the grill into the Rio Grande river when he got back from Waco. It was a very brief scene. That is my take on it.

People had to have died from the falling plane debris. I wonder who it affected.

I think we'll learn more in the next season. I have a suspicion that Walt will disappear, making it look like he was killed by the explosion somehow.

I also wonder if Jane's dad will remain on the show. It would be interesting if they had him and Jesse form a relationship of some kind after he expressed his anger and hatred toward Jesse for supposedly causing Jane's downward spiral.

I would love to see that scenario.
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby TontoBronto » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:47 am

Turk wrote:The most fascinating episode to me was the next to last, where Walt made the decision to not help Jane. I hated that she went out that way but I understand what Vince Gilligan wanted to say about Walt.

When he becomes Heisenberg, he is one dangerous psychopath.

I respectfully disagree with the "psychopath" title.
Heisenberg is becoming heartless, cold & calculating but not psychopathic IMO.
Once Jane called Walt's home with her extortion threat, Heisenberg would have to consider her a threat forever, so he lets her die. It looked to me like there was inner turmoil with Walt/ Heisenberg before the decision was made, but the latter won out.

It reminds me a bit of an earlier scene where Walt sees a guy with a loaded cart at Home Depot, obviously buying supplies for a meth lab. Walt's teacherly side came out as he warned him not to buy all the supplies in one place, but he becomes Heisenberg in the parking lot, warning the guys to stay off his turf.

One thing I love about the show is the Dr. Jekyl & Mr. Hyde interplay in Walt's character.
TontoBronto
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Turk » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:42 pm

The Not-So-Psychopathical T_Y wrote:I respectfully disagree with the "psychopath" title.
Heisenberg is becoming heartless, cold & calculating but not psychopathic IMO.
Once Jane called Walt's home with her extortion threat, Heisenberg would have to consider her a threat forever, so he lets her die. It looked to me like there was inner turmoil with Walt/ Heisenberg before the decision was made, but the latter won out.

Maybe the word I'm looking for is sociopath. I know he's some kind of path, dammit. :wink:
And you're exactly right. He is calculating and works well under pressure. He knew what would work best for his situation in those few seconds.

It reminds me a bit of an earlier scene where Walt sees a guy with a loaded cart at Home Depot, obviously buying supplies for a meth lab. Walt's teacherly side came out as he warned him not to buy all the supplies in one place, but he becomes Heisenberg in the parking lot, warning the guys to stay off his turf.

That was a great scene. Totally freaked that guy out. I should have thought of you when he was at Home Depot.

One thing I love about the show is the Dr. Jekyl & Mr. Hyde interplay in Walt's character.

That's what Bryan Cranston projects so well. He won a best acting Emmy for last season and he's a shoo-in for this next one.
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby RightOverThisMess » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:05 pm

Dear Breaking Bad buddies,

What do you think is going to happen when Hank finally CRACKS because he's too much of an idiot to seek help?

Sincerely,
Carly
Nobody helps a liar.
RightOverThisMess
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

PreviousNext

Return to The Watercooler