The Good Vibe Thread

Off-topic discussions about anything you please!

Moderator: gillian

The Good Vibe Thread

Postby sandina » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:22 pm

It is a beautiful thing when I witness our members lending support and well wishes to each other. I hope everyone uses this thread whenever they could use some good vibes thrown their way.

I could really use some today. Some of you know I have been out of work for quite some time now. Our job market in Michigan is very poor these days. It has been difficult to even get an interview with someone let alone a real chance at a decent job.

But my luck picked up this week and I am poised for my 3rd/final interview with a company that I REALLY want to be a part of. The job itself feels tailor made for me and as I said, the company excites me. My first and second interviews went better than I could have asked for so I am thrilled at my chances.

Please send your good vibes my way.....I could really use all the help I can get.

/a crosses fingers
sandina
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby gillian » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:39 pm

Good luck Sandi!!! :D
gillian
Founder
Founder

Postby Kim » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:54 pm

Yay, Sandi!!

Good luck and hugs to you.
Kim
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby LimeTwister » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:05 pm

All the positive thoughts in the world to you!!!

Maybe kris can rub some luck off onto you hahaha.
I guess I'm taking my chances
Giving up the ring, throwing in the gloves
I guess I'm taking my chances
Trading in my things For a couple wings on a little white dove
And one big love, one big love
LimeTwister
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby libraryliz » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:22 pm

Sandi,
I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Good luck!
libraryliz
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Kris » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:50 pm

Sandi, I didn't know you were having such a rough time lately! You should have said something sooner so we could have been sending extra sparkly love your way!

I'm really excited for you and I will definitely be sending you all the positive thoughts I can muster. I know how hard it is to find a job, that's how the market was here in Phoenix last year. I was unemployed for almost 5 months before finding a job and I was still way-overqualified for it.

Anyway, you are a wonderful, wonderful person. They say what you put into the world you get back 10-fold. You are so sweet and genuine and just an angel to those you come in contact with that I know good things are coming for you, big time. A 3rd interview is no small feat. We'll all be cheering you on.

Also, great thread idea. I think we all could use this thread from time to time.
It's the same old thirst for more
Until they put you in the dirt

You saw me through a keyhole
Of a door that I kept locked
But I decorate the threshold
Just in case you knocked
Kris
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby keith from ny » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:51 pm

Knock 'em dead, Sandi!

(well, not literally -- that would be counterproductive)
I don't know nothing except change will come
keith from ny
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby marybeth » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:54 pm

Hurray Sandi at being asked back for another interview....always a good sign. GOOD LUCK girl!
http://www.marybethdamico.com

Some people don't care if they live or they die
Some people want to know what it feels like to fly

Americana: "a nebulous category of misfits and acquired tastes, many of whom seem to have worn cowboy hats at one time or another" LA Times article
marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Re: The Good Vibe Thread

Postby Arlene » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:10 pm

sandina wrote: I am poised for my 3rd/final interview with a company that I REALLY want to be a part of. The job itself feels tailor made for me and as I said, the company excites me.

Sandi- Good vibes and best of luck.

Also, I hope you don't mind this suggestion but if you can work it into your final interview without sounding insincere, try to communicate this enthusiasm (in a professional way) to your interviewer. I often interview job applicants and I can't tell you how much more positively I feel about a candidate when I have the sense that he or she really does want to work HERE (as opposed to simply getting a job that pays well anywhere in their field). Just a thought. :wink:
"You've got to sing like you don't need the money, love like you'll never get hurt. You've got to dance like no one is watching. It's gotta come from the heart, if you want it to work."
~Susannah Clark

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." ~Molly Ivins

"If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner."
~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby disco_fred » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:15 pm

Good luck, dear Sandi :D :P !!!

Do you know how amazing, intelligent, and clever you are? I do.
"Sometimes I think the world has gone completely mad. And then I think -- ah, who cares? And then I think -- hey, what's for supper?" -- Jack Handey.
disco_fred
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Browncoat » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:01 pm

Felix Felicis to you, Sandi!!! Um... good luck.
Subtly eccentric...
Browncoat
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby sandina » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:50 pm

Man, I FEEL THE VIBES!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Seriously, it is very comforting thinking of you all thinking of me and wishing me well. Thank you all so much.

Arlene! Perhaps this is why my second interview felt so great today....I TOTALLY gushed about how excited I am about the prospect of working for them due to the fact that I find the company so interesting and intrigueing and that I felt the job would be exciting and rewarding as well. I made a concerted effort to share this. The interviewer looked elated that I felt so enthusiastic about everything. Thanks for the advice, I will keep it up in my 3rd interview.

You guys are great.
sandina
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby TontoBronto » Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:08 pm

Sandi,
It's never TOO LATE for me to send Pecan Sandies to the Human Resources dept. :lol:
But seriously, best of luck!
TontoBronto
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Little_Kites » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:21 pm

*good vibage going out to Sandina in Michagain*
Little_Kites
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Mis » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:07 pm

Sandi, I hope your interview rocks! And if you get into a tight spot and start feeling a bit insecure...do what Judy Garland did right before her performances (it's helped me out of tight spots many times). Believe it or not, she had horrible stage fright. So every night before she went out on stage, as the orchestra was playing the overture, she'd stand backstage and listen to the music swell...and at the loudest point, she'd scream, "FUCK 'EM! FUCK 'EM! FUCK 'EM!" out loud. LOL Not that you can do that, but I've done it in my head MANY times, and it's helped me in more ways than I can measure. ;)

In short, be strong, be confident, and kick some ass. :) Best wishes!

~M
Liars
are lying
Airplanes
are flying
Love isn't here
Love isn't here
But it's somewhere...
Mis
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Next