The Pot Thread

Off-topic discussions about anything you please!

Moderator: gillian

The Pot Thread

Postby ScottG » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:44 pm

Here I am in my driveway. In a rocking chair no less!

Today: I've taken my kids to school, given an actual A+ effort at work, picked up kids, did dinner, took kids to cub scout meeting, did homework and baths, helped put kids to bed.

Its 10:30 pm and I just had a little smoke, plugged in the iPod, and logged on here.

I'm high and listening to the Black Crowes sing One Mirror Too Many to me. Tell me, why is this not legal?

ps. I don't even feel like fornicating.
"Indifferent, but distanced perfectly
Projected endlessly, it’s so FUCKING beautiful!!!"
ScottG
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby notalone » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:14 am

"An Illegal Smile"
JP

As long as your not sitting in your room not fornicating all day.
Sometimes you wonder if your walking in the wrong direction.
notalone
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Turk » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:04 pm

I love you, Scottman.
I can't believe they would outlaw the Black Crowes in Kentucky. (wink) Wish I were there with you.

This thread is waaaay overdue.
Even though I don't partake of the herb---for personal health reasons---I have smoked more than my share over the years. I'll never understand why pot is not legal when alcohol is, and alcohol is a much more dangerous substance, IMO. Also, the harvesting of marijuana would have helped our agricultural system. Farmers have had it bad forever. I just don't understand the mindset of people who are against legalization.

Last edited by Turk on Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Our Kid » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:45 pm

Turk wrote:I love you, Scottman.
I can't believe they would outlaw the Black Crowes in Kentucky.

Let me get this straight...

You are always asking me to head down there for a visit and now I find out that the Crowes are outlawed in Kentucky? What says Southern more than The Black Crowes?

I won't set foot on that particular slab of Dixie soil until you get the law changed!

Brilliant as usual, Turkness...
"You could write a song about some kind of emotional problem you are having, but it would not be a good song, in my eyes, until it went through a period of sensitivity to a moment of clarity. Without that moment of clarity to contribute to the song, it's just complaining."

-Joni Mitchell-
Our Kid
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Fool On Fire » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:23 pm

dammit scoote...now I want to burn one down. one day you and I will sit somewhere in rocking chairs and rock the ganj.

it will happen,
~Elise
I've become the beggar now, and you've become the saint somehow
twist the words and place the blame, and tell me now, aren't we the same?

-- Amy Ray

born under a bad sign, been down since I began to crawl
if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all

-- Albert King

the saints and all the martyrs look down on dying converts
"what makes the water holy," she said, "is that it's the closest thing to rain..."

-- Josh Ritter

...the blues is the roots...everything else is the fruits...
Fool On Fire
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby TontoBronto » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:22 am

<embed FlashVars='videoId=61702' src='http://www.comedycentral.com/sitewide/video_player/view/default/swf.jhtml' quality='high' bgcolor='#cccccc' width='332' height='316' name='comedy_central_player' align='middle' allowScriptAccess='always' allownetworking='external' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer'></embed>
TontoBronto
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby joanna » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:00 pm

Turk wrote:This thread is waaaay overdue.
Even though I don't partake of the herb---for personal health reasons---I have smoked more than my share over the years. I'll never understand why pot is not legal when alcohol is, and alcohol is a much more dangerous substance, IMO. Also, the harvesting of marijuana would have helped our agricultural system. Farmers have had it bad forever. I just don't understand the mindset of people who are against legalization.

Ditto, brothaman, ditto.
joanna
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Location: someplace on the moon where they moved the drive-in theater

Postby scottz » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:27 pm

You gotta admit it though, there was a part of the mistique of our culture that would have been missed if pot had been legal throughout the 60's-70's and so on.
Oh wait, was I talking about the need for bail bondsmen?
Waiting for Lightning...
scottz
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

green

Postby Gretzky » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:25 pm

i wish i could share with u all this current stickiness that blackens my fingertips and clouds my mind in a manner so fine.

the summer's flowers have wilted, yet this strange weed persists, which does not tangle my heart or pierce my wrists.

it bridges gaps just as it describes infinite chasms; it chases and seduces the most wicked and vivid orgasms.

may god bless this plant with roots which grow in hell, whose sweet nectar from the hottest sun upon green spikes fell.

not sure what that all means as i've been dipped in green, and so i'm searching for meaning everywhere and between.

where would i be without music, and where would i be without you, where would i be without both of u tangled up in everything i do?

n/a 908

hhp 2008
step up and bless the mic
Gretzky
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Turk » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:10 am

scottz wrote:You gotta admit it though, there was a part of the mistique of our culture that would have been missed if pot had been legal throughout the 60's-70's and so on.
Oh wait, was I talking about the need for bail bondsmen?

Ha. The bail bondsmen KEEP ON making money, too, and that's another thing that irks me. The penalties for users in some states are extreme and outrageous, as harse as the sentences for the ones who sell large quantities---and that's another griper. The jails and prisons are filled with people who have been who've been victims of entrapment and a misguided justice system. Makes me very angry.

Great piece, Chris, and hahahaha on the video, T_Y.
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby keith from ny » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:21 am

I gave it up 20+ years ago because it makes my eyes totally bloodshot and my memory's bad enough before I smoke it, but it makes no sense to me at all why it's illegal. Way less dangerous than alcohol from a driving perspective, generally the worst that will happen is making a sudden turn when you spot a 7-11.
I don't know nothing except change will come
keith from ny
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby marybeth » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:23 am

My friend took me to a "coffee shop" in Amsterdam where I was supposed to get high with him, but it hurt my lungs too much so it didn't work on me! It used to, but not any more I guess!
http://www.marybethdamico.com

Some people don't care if they live or they die
Some people want to know what it feels like to fly

Americana: "a nebulous category of misfits and acquired tastes, many of whom seem to have worn cowboy hats at one time or another" LA Times article
marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Turk » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:32 pm

marybeth wrote:My friend took me to a "coffee shop" in Amsterdam where I was supposed to get high with him, but it hurt my lungs too much so it didn't work on me! It used to, but not any more I guess!

Well I guess it's back to the ol' brownie method. :wink:
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

sativa rose

Postby Gretzky » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:20 pm

i'd like to speak to my current picture. it's real, scanned against a piece of dark green stock paper.

i fell in love with this plant during my senior year in high school. and when i say the plant, i mean the plant...not the high, the smoke, the pot, but the plant itself. to this day, i still believe it is one of the most beautiful plants...weeds...i've seen.

all 18 of my current friends, all of you know what it feels like to sit outside in the moonlight under shady trees and dim street lights, amid vivid gardens and lush hedges, 'twixt small mountains and steep hills.

i wonder if you've experienced the moon with your back on the earth, gazing up through these leaves. i had six at one time, spread out like small trees amid ferns and black-eyed susans in the garden patch.

in dreams i'd race naked through the august stalks, my skin scraped for resin, my body hoping for whatever might seep through, get left behind. in a child's garden of grass, surely i was a wide-eyed lolita, each stalk beautiful and worthy of climbing, filled with potential.

my first vision of a real, live marijuana plant was in an ash pile at paul's second house on the ponds. his son danny had planted it, and it was i who pointed it out -it was only about two feet tall, but beautiful- and paul yanked it up by the roots and tossed it into the fireplace, to await future ignition. i severed as many sprouts as possible with my thumbnails and stuffed them into denim pockets, but alas, even with steps of ginger and root hormone powder, they never grew.

the leaf and the plant became an obsession with me, to the point that i stole film strips from the school's library, and asked our class dealer for seeds...he gladly obliged. they grew and grew that summer, from simple sprouts to thirteen-fingered leafs and blackened foxtails. i harvested and dispersed to very willing, while dumbfounded, subjects.

and those film strips i stole? well, i took some random family slides and i peeled them in half, removing the film. then i'd replace it with a frame of the film strip, and carefully glue it back together. no one ever seemed to figure out how all these images of hemp leaves infiltrated the family collective.

god bless the beauty of marijuana. god bless my self-medicated high, without which i could not survive. i don't know addiction, but i know folk art. so this is something that has survived decades while pressed between pages; this is quite the artifact. and what a beautiful leaf.

*sigh*

sea green and flamey,

christhoper
step up and bless the mic
Gretzky
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby ScottG » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:33 pm

I'm having an absolutely transcendent moment with Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes right now. "If you don't know me by now...." Oh My God, what a beautiful song.
"Indifferent, but distanced perfectly
Projected endlessly, it’s so FUCKING beautiful!!!"
ScottG
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Next

Return to The Watercooler