Calling All Sports Fans for the First Down

Off-topic discussions about anything you please!

Moderator: gillian

Postby cymru56 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:58 am

Being a magnanimous Welshman I have no hesitation on congratulating Ian and his Stoke City team on their thoroughly well deserved victory this afternoon.

Yeah really.....!
But words and music can never touch the beauty that Ive seen
Looking into you -- and thats true
cymru56
Falling Down
Falling Down

Postby sandina » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:57 pm

cymru56 wrote:Being a magnanimous Welshman I have no hesitation on congratulating Ian and his Stoke City team on their thoroughly well deserved victory this afternoon.

Yeah really.....!

Ditto!!!

I sat with Tim near the computer and watched Stoke take the win. Well done and congrats to Ian and all the Stoke fans everywhere!

Man City tomorrow!!!!!
sandina
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Ian » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:35 pm

sandina wrote:I sat with Tim near the computer and watched Stoke take the win. Well done and congrats to Ian and all the Stoke fans everywhere!

Man City tomorrow!!!!!

Fantastic win today, for Tim's beloved Man City against deadly rivals, Manchester United. This, of course, puts The Blues nicely on top of The Premiership and leaves 'The Rags' floundering in the lower half of the table. To use one of your American expressions *sweet* :lol:

Sandi... let Tim know that I'm recording him the highlights of todays game for a future care package. Don't be too suprised if it includes some Stoke City content also :wink:
Ian
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby sandina » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:39 pm

Ian wrote:
sandina wrote:I sat with Tim near the computer and watched Stoke take the win. Well done and congrats to Ian and all the Stoke fans everywhere!

Man City tomorrow!!!!!

Fantastic win today, for Tim's beloved Man City against deadly rivals, Manchester United. This, of course, puts The Blues nicely on top of The Premiership and leaves 'The Rags' floundering in the lower half of the table. To use one of your American expressions *sweet* :lol:

Sandi... let Tim know that I'm recording him the highlights of todays game for a future care package. Don't be too suprised if it includes some Stoke City content also :wink:

I'm sure he'll be thrilled to see it! You should have seen his sad face when he couldn't get even the web radio stream of the game - Sky nor BBC carried it. At least he got to watch the little yellow circles on the gamecast.
sandina
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Jon » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:59 am

Manny Ramirez crushes a 447 foot walkoff shot vs the Angels last night, Boston leads the series 2-0.
Jon
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Our Kid » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:17 am

COME ON CITY!!!

Manchester City 2 - 1 Manchester United

On the day when Manchester remembered those who lost their lives 50 years ago in the Munich air disaster, the blue half of the city dealt a major blow to red dreams of retaining the Premier League by running out 2-1 victors.

City fans behaved impeccably during an emotional minute's silence and their team were just as impressive.

The visitors completed a league double over their neighbours for the first time since 1970 and their first win at Old Trafford since 1974.
"You could write a song about some kind of emotional problem you are having, but it would not be a good song, in my eyes, until it went through a period of sensitivity to a moment of clarity. Without that moment of clarity to contribute to the song, it's just complaining."

-Joni Mitchell-
Our Kid
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Ian » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:12 am

Always a pleasure to see Man U getting beat ...

especialy at home by their local rivals :P
I still don't blame you for leaving baby... it's cold living with goats
Ian
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby ScottG » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:17 pm

Whoooo the fuck is Man United, Whooo the fuck is Man United....
"Indifferent, but distanced perfectly
Projected endlessly, it’s so FUCKING beautiful!!!"
ScottG
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Ian » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:58 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImage
I still don't blame you for leaving baby... it's cold living with goats
Ian
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Our Kid » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:06 pm

What about PULIS OUT!?
"You could write a song about some kind of emotional problem you are having, but it would not be a good song, in my eyes, until it went through a period of sensitivity to a moment of clarity. Without that moment of clarity to contribute to the song, it's just complaining."

-Joni Mitchell-
Our Kid
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

March Madness

Postby ScottG » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:44 pm

Yes, the men's NCAA basketball tournament, the greatest of all sporting events, is upon us. Agreed?

Baseball? sorry. Anytime you can buy your way to a championship just doesn't count. Steinbrenner and Huizsenga are total choads. Pro-football is close, maybe. Hockey? Sorry. It's a fringe sport for people to insane to come further south. Soccer I just don't understand.

What's your final four?
Carolina, UCLA, Kansas, and Stanford.
Carolina over UCLA in the final.

ps. Duke sucks ass.
Last edited by ScottG on Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ScottG
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby ScottG » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:48 pm

Held ball my fucking ass! Duke motherfuckers. That was bullshit.
Sniveling fat face plays again. That turd.
ScottG
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Re: March Madness

Postby Jon » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:50 pm

ScottG wrote:Yes, the men's NCAA basketball tournament, the greatest of all sporting events, is upon us. Agreed?

Baseball? sorry. Anytime you can buy your way to a championship just doesn't count.

In our lifetime, I flat out bet you that one day colleges will pay players to come play for them. I bet you one frosty Coca-Cola, sir.
Jon
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby ScottG » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:14 pm

Jon,
You are probably right. Maybe you noticed... I'm from Kentucky. I'm a Louisville fan. I have no doubt that the Evil Big Blue Empire 90 miles down the road has been doing so for years. I'm sure many others have done so, and continue to do so, my beloved Cards notwithstanding.
ScottG
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Our Kid » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:35 pm

Well, tonight could be the night...

The Detroit Red Wings are going to win their fourth Stanley Cup in eleven seasons with a victory over the Pittsburgh Penguins this evening. Needless to say, I am beside myself at this point.

I don't think there is much doubt that the Red Wings are the best franchise in North American professional sports in the past 15 years or so. Their records and team statistics speak for themselves.

Thirty years ago, folks referred to the Red Wings as "The Dead Things" while the team was mired in year after year of poor performances.

Tonight, if the Hockey Gods so deem it, the Wings will be called something much better - CHAMPIONS.

GO WINGS!

Let The Be Love (and flying octopi!),

Timski

-Joni Mitchell-
Our Kid
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

PreviousNext

Return to The Watercooler