Calling All Sports Fans for the First Down

Off-topic discussions about anything you please!

Moderator: gillian

Postby Our Kid » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:13 pm

DEE
"You could write a song about some kind of emotional problem you are having, but it would not be a good song, in my eyes, until it went through a period of sensitivity to a moment of clarity. Without that moment of clarity to contribute to the song, it's just complaining."

-Joni Mitchell-
Our Kid
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Our Kid » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:13 pm

TROIT
"You could write a song about some kind of emotional problem you are having, but it would not be a good song, in my eyes, until it went through a period of sensitivity to a moment of clarity. Without that moment of clarity to contribute to the song, it's just complaining."

-Joni Mitchell-
Our Kid
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Our Kid » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:14 pm

BASKET

-Joni Mitchell-
Our Kid
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Our Kid » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:14 pm

BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Joni Mitchell-
Our Kid
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:18 pm

Well, this should make for an interesting Finals.

I don't envy the Piston's and I don't envy the Spurs. Two very solid teams.

I know there are a few Detroit fans but I have to give the edge to the Spurs. But what the hell do I know?
Elizabeth
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby sandina » Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:10 pm

You Elizabeth, and many, many others say the Spurs can take this series. They certainly may indeed do that. But, I have seen these Pistons overcome some great odds, and I feel they are up for the challenge.

Here's to a great series!! Game one tonight!!!!! GO PISTONS!

And I hope the Spur's don't take Rasheed's words seriously last week he spoke after being left alone outside the circle to make a 3 point bucket - "Don't leave me, don't leave me!!!!!" :lol: That was freaking sweet! God, I love his chatter!
sandina
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby karla » Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:48 pm

I'm rooting for Detroit, too. That last game with Miami was great. I've always liked Rasheed, despite his flaws. When he was at Portland, the fans really got down on him, but he's a great basketball player and you just have to accept him for who he is.
It's hard to give, it's hard to get, ...
but everybody needs a little forgiveness.
karla
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:36 pm

I do not underestimate the Pistons at all. I remember their last trip to the Finals. I was SO impressed by them.

I haven't seen them in action that much this season but I have seen alot of the Spurs and they are playing some tight basketball.

I don't like Rasheed, for personal reasons. It goes back to when he played in Portland. If you are a Sonics fan you must hate the Trail Blazers. We are just bred that way :wink:

I am really excited about this series. It will make for some GOOD basketball and that's what the game is all about.
Elizabeth
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby sandina » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:34 pm

Whoa.....it looks like the Pistons really have their work cut out for them now. Not that they can't still win....but sheeesh!!!!

Oh well, I still have my fingers crossed :?
sandina
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby sandina » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:33 pm

Tim and I just watched our Pistons lose tonight.....I was teary eyed, Tim was maintaining like a trooper.

So.....I am retiring my Rasheed avatar.

In honor of Bettie Serveert's performance in Ann Arbor, MI tonight, I choose to salute Carol Van Dyck (leave that alone, SMit).

*sigh*
sandina
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Our Kid » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:37 pm

If anyone heard an enormous cheer or shout coming from nowhere on Wednesday, it was Ian enjoying the news that Tony Pulis had been sacked by the bord at Stoke City FC.

I am utterly shocked that he has not commented on this rather unexpected turn of events yet, but he might be spending all his time on the Oatcake.

At' ow rate, mate?

-Joni Mitchell-
Our Kid
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Ian » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:33 pm

Our Kid wrote:If anyone heard an enormous cheer or shout coming from nowhere on Wednesday, it was Ian enjoying the news that Tony Pulis had been sacked by the bord at Stoke City FC.

I am utterly shocked that he has not commented on this rather unexpected turn of events yet, but he might be spending all his time on the Oatcake.

At' ow rate, mate?

Eh up ahrr kid, am reet chuffed abaht the news marra.

Tbh, I'm as pleased as a red nosed gentleman, reknown for taking part in seaside children's entertainment, at the news.

I was about to pick you up on your spelling of 'board' but since have realised that you probably meant 'bored', which most of us Stoke supporters have been, since Mr Pulis took over running the team :wink:

I've already met the new manager, who is an old, fat, brash, cigar smoking Dutchman, with a penchant for getting fired from football clubs for being too cavalier..............

I can feel it in my water..... the guy's going to be a legend here :lol:

I still don't blame you for leaving baby... it's cold living with goats
Ian
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Jason Giambi

Postby Jon » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:07 am

Jose Canseco got an MVP, Mark McGuire made out like a bandit, Barry Bonds...pfft.

Personally, I'm all about the Red Sox but as a baseball fan, I have to give credit to Jason Giambi.

Lo and behold, we had a steroid scandal. There are a whole lot of former steroid users in baseball who are still in the game, and who will never draw an ounce of bad publicity. I gotta think this guy took his share of the flak and then some of theirs, also.

And dang if he's not hitting the cover off the ball lately. I don' t want to like Jason, cursed Yankee that he is. But yes, seems that he's clean :) And maybe even a nice guy.

Read up about Jason, to me it sounds like he's all right.
Jon
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Our Kid » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:09 pm

I just wanted to say that I have changed my avater (for now) to the Detroit Lions logo to show that I have begun to slowly LOSE MY MIND again over the impending football seasons, college and pro.

I hope that at least one of you besides me is ready to talk some football in the coming months.

Good luck to everyone and their favrite teams in the upcoming seasons, unless you are a supporter of:

Notre Dame (college)
Ohio State (college)

Green Bay (pro)

Are you ready for some football?

Let There Be Love,

Tim

Ps. I know there is one geezer out there who likes the round footballs and to him I say GO STOKE CITY and GO MAN CITY!

-Joni Mitchell-
Our Kid
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:44 am

Yeah, I'd change my avatar to the Seahawks logo but Ewan is just better to look at.

Our first pre-season game is this Friday. CAN'T WAIT.

First regular season game is in a little over four weeks. CAN'T WAIT.

GO HAWKS!!!
Elizabeth
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

PreviousNext

Return to The Watercooler