Introduce yourself!

Off-topic discussions about anything you please!

Moderator: gillian

Postby yourfool » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:20 am

hey all, just wanted to say hi. my name is lexi and i've been a patty fan for nearly a decade now. and this is the most boring intro ever, lol. lately living with ghosts has been my therapy, especially since i've been dealing with a lot of heavy issues. i swear, the five stages of grief are all right there on one album. there isn't anything that album can't solve for me. i feel like that about every album of hers though so. plus, the closer we get to downtown church, the more anxious i become. can't wait for january! /ends boringness about me.
yourfool
Falling Down
Falling Down

Postby Rob » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:15 am

Welcome to the jungle, Lexi! Glad to have you.

As folks will attest, the wildlife is not what it used to be here owing to lack of new material, a touring hiatus and the most ravenous animal in all the jungles, facebook. Not to mention Turk (watch out for him).

But I think the new album will bring our wandering herd back to the watering hole. And hopefully a tour will follow. So stick around.
You can't really dust for vomit.

-- Nigel Tufnel
Rob
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby yourfool » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:00 pm

thanks for the welcome rob! c:

i hope your right about a tour following the release of dtc. that's my goal in life right now... see patty live!
yourfool
Falling Down
Falling Down

Postby Rob » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:17 pm

yourfool wrote:thanks for the welcome rob! c:

i hope your right about a tour following the release of dtc. that's my goal in life right now... see patty live!

You're welcome...

I'm not sure when the last Patty tour was, but it's been a while. The last time I saw her solo was in Sept of 2007 and it was a bit after that time that she began touring with Three Girls and Their Buddy. She's done festivals, appearances at benefits and I think an occasional show or two thrown in here and there. But no Patty tour so to speak.

I think the time is just about right again for a tour. A lot of folks have been through some heavy times and that's a goal worth attaining.

-- Nigel Tufnel
Rob
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Turk » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:52 pm

Rob wrote:Welcome to the jungle, Lexi! Glad to have you.

As folks will attest, the wildlife is not what it used to be here owing to lack of new material, a touring hiatus and the most ravenous animal in all the jungles, facebook. Not to mention Turk (watch out for him).

But I think the new album will bring our wandering herd back to the watering hole. And hopefully a tour will follow. So stick around.

Nice to meet you, Lexi, and welcome to our little corner of PattyLand. Is Rob talking smack about me again? tsk tsk tsk....

He's right though. It's a tad slow right now but hopefully we'll be swinging from the trees in a bit.
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Holy-Freakin'-WOW

Postby outta » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:38 pm

My name is Outta and I've missed you guys!

Ha! I'm back, I'm back, I'm back and I'm thrilled! I haven't been to the board in months because I couldn't log-in, but guess what? It worked ... finally! I'm scared to death to re-set my password. If I'm not back in a few days ... well, then I'll miss you again!

HELLO to everyone!
"Tell me the truth, you sweet son of a bitch"
Browncoat
outta
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

It Worked!

Postby outta » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:43 pm

I'm so happy, I just might pee my pants ... intentionally!

Ah, good-bye facebook. I'll nary miss you!

Hello fellow-patty-netters!
Browncoat
outta
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Turk » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:43 pm

Good to see you, Theresa!

Glad you were able to sign back in. Now you can help liven up the place. Hope you are well.
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Re: Holy-Freakin'-WOW

Postby Rob » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:57 pm

outta wrote:Ha! I'm back, I'm back, I'm back and I'm thrilled! I haven't been to the board in months because I couldn't log-in, but guess what? It worked ... finally! I'm scared to death to re-set my password. If I'm not back in a few days ... well, then I'll miss you again!

HELLO to everyone!

There goes the neighborhood. :wink: :wink: :wink:

-- Nigel Tufnel
Rob
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby keith from ny » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:05 pm

Welcome back, Theresa! Image I missed you too.

Lexi, somehow I completely missed your introduction. A belated welcome to the forum!

And I can't believe Lisey popped in here without me noticing... too much Facebook or maybe dementia's just setting in.
I don't know nothing except change will come
keith from ny
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby outta » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:11 pm

I love you guys! Thanks for the warm homecoming!
Browncoat
outta
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby marybeth » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:57 am

This board was empty without you! Now don't you be leaving us again.
http://www.marybethdamico.com

Some people don't care if they live or they die
Some people want to know what it feels like to fly

Americana: "a nebulous category of misfits and acquired tastes, many of whom seem to have worn cowboy hats at one time or another" LA Times article
marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Hello!

Postby raisedbyclowns » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:05 am

Hey, all. I've been a Patty fan since a friend of mine bought me LWG many moons ago. I've been a lurker at Pattygriffin.net for a lot of years, and have decided to hop over here. I've already found a download for Get Ready Marie, so I think I'll stay. :lol: Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Heather
"Even though it all went wrong, I'll stand before the Lord of song with nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah" LC
raisedbyclowns
Falling Down
Falling Down

Postby Turk » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:08 am

Yay, Heather.
Glad you made your way over.....to PattyLand. Stay awhile. There's no telling what other good things will happen on this stage.....

I am watching Patty sing Love Throw a Line on Soundstage right now and it's about time for her to be on CFerguson.

It's been awhile since I've had to choose between which PattyChannel to switch to. It may be a first!
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby outta » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:27 pm

A belated hello, Heather! It's nice to "kinda" meet ya on pattynet!
Browncoat
outta
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

PreviousNext

Return to The Watercooler