So, what do you look like?

Off-topic discussions about anything you please!

Moderator: gillian

Postby Russell » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:42 pm

marybeth wrote:Come on newbies, get postin'!

What constitutes a "newbie"? If I happen to be one of those things, I'll tell you that I look just like my avatar. Uh, I guess I don't have an avatar. I suppose we can go with this photo of me looking appropriately disheveled while visiting the great American northwest in search of a college for my daughter:

While we're at it, this would be my sweet little girl looking not very disheveled (anyone want to give her a scholarship?):

Russell
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Rob » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:56 am

Russell wrote:
marybeth wrote:Come on newbies, get postin'!

What constitutes a "newbie"? If I happen to be one of those things, I'll tell you that I look just like my avatar. Uh, I guess I don't have an avatar. I suppose we can go with this photo of me looking appropriately disheveled while visiting the great American northwest in search of a college for my daughter:

Thank you for playing our game, Russell. There are no door prizes, but it's nice to put a face to a name and to see part of your family. Hope your search went well.
You can't really dust for vomit.

-- Nigel Tufnel
Rob
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby outta » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:02 am

Russell, you're a handsome man and your daughter is beautiful!

So, how do you post a picture? You click on Image (?) and then what? There's a reason I have a gps in my car, and failed miserably in math. Some things just don't make sense to me ... :roll:

Ok, back to Music By The Album. The format was designed for the technologically challenged person. :shock:
"Tell me the truth, you sweet son of a bitch"
Browncoat
outta
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Rob » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:30 am

outta wrote: So, how do you post a picture? You click on Image (?) and then what? There's a reason I have a gps in my car, and failed miserably in math. Some things just don't make sense to me ... :roll:

I use Photobucket. Just open an account and upload a picture. Then, under the thumbnail, it gives you the option to open the picture on another page (like Pattynet) by simply clicking once in the "IMG Code" box. Clicking that box automatically copies the link. Then just paste it here. Voila.

If you don't do it, well, bad things can happen. As this Photobucket link attests, these musical geniuses ain't kidding. And no, that's not what I look like. I would never wear all red. But those white suits are pretty hip, ain't they?

-- Nigel Tufnel
Rob
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

I kept my red eyes to affirm "Satan is Real"

Postby outta » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:19 pm

Ok, thanks Rob. I got lucky getting this far!

Here's a picture of me with my mom taken on July 6th. It may be a little distorted because I cropped it. I have always thought I resembled an insect, and this picture is proof positive. I resemble either a fly, praying mantis or cricket ... or perhaps a combination of all three .... :shock:

Browncoat
outta
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Re: I kept my red eyes to affirm "Satan is Real"

Postby Russell » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:20 pm

outta wrote:I have always thought I resembled an insect, and this picture is proof positive. I resemble either a fly, praying mantis or cricket ... or perhaps a combination of all three .... :shock:

Insect??? I don't see no damn insects. If you want to see insects, come to Texas. We have insects and there's nothing resembling an insect in that photo.

Anyway, good photo, O. It does seem, though, that I've seen that photo in a much smaller size elsewhere on the web.

Rob wrote:Hope your search went well.

I suppose the college search went well - it just didn't last long enough. My daughter humored her mom and dad with the college visits for a very short time. A trip to the Northwest and Austin with dad, a trip to DC and San Antonio with mom, and we are presented with a list of her top 11 (10 of which are about as far away from Texas as she can get) and a request to "stop with the visit plans already". :roll:
Russell
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby outta » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:39 pm

Russell, the insect comment made me lol! I'm not complaining about my resemblance to an insect; just my own observation.

Okay, back to Music by the Album ...

and looking forward to other pictures of board members ... 8)
Browncoat
outta
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Rob » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:52 pm

outta wrote:I have always thought I resembled an insect.

Well, you're a very cute insect. If I had to pick, I'd go with a ladybug. Or a Monarch butterfly. But definitely not a fly. When I think of that, I conjure up this:

-- Nigel Tufnel
Rob
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby outta » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:06 pm

Good grief -- that's the ugliest fly I've ever seen! Creepy-scary! Conjure that thing away! Ha!

Cute is good. Thank you ... :oops:
Browncoat
outta
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby marybeth » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:35 am

Thanks for posting you two! I have to admit I was already curious as to the identify of the owner of the album site and looked him up on the Internet but this NW photo is much nicer. What a nice looking daughter you have, Russell!

And Theresa, you are very pretty and un-insect like!

Edit: Man, I just went back to the beginning and started looking at photos here and it made me sad. Where are all our old friends? Why aren't you coming on here anymore? :cry: Yes, darn it, I know you have lives but you could come by once in a while.
http://www.marybethdamico.com

Some people don't care if they live or they die
Some people want to know what it feels like to fly

Americana: "a nebulous category of misfits and acquired tastes, many of whom seem to have worn cowboy hats at one time or another" LA Times article
marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Turk » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:07 pm

Great to see you, Theresa and Russell!

I agree with MB. People need to check in more........please.
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby outta » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:05 pm

Left to right:

Chewey, Paige, Sophie. They are simply rotten, but, better behaved than most two-legged children!

[/img]Image
Last edited by outta on Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Browncoat
outta
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby outta » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:07 pm

Next time, I'll be sure to make the picture just a wee bit smaller ... sorry! That, or I'll try and re-size it tomorrow.
Browncoat
outta
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby TontoBronto » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:29 am

outta wrote:

Hubba hubba.

Insect? Insect? You don't look like no stinkin' insect. (Other than the glowing red eyes of Satan) :wink:
TontoBronto
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby outta » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:20 am

This monster morphed into me!

[/img]Image

I swear, before I ripped its eyes out, mine were green ... :wink:
Browncoat
outta
Up and Flying
Up and Flying