Eliza Gilkyson

Yes, there's a whole world of music out there besides Patty.

Moderator: gillian

Postby Ian » Sun May 21, 2006 2:55 pm

marmalade wrote:
Robert McEntee did a great job accompanying her. There were lots of funny stories and she was more than happy to do requests. My only disappointment was missing out on 'Twisted' which I was praying and shouting for but alas it wasn't to be.

Yep! Rob McEntee was a more than capable stand in for Plank, in fact I thought last nights show in Bury, reminded me of seeing the Patty/Doug partnership at times.

Eliza gave us a run down of how her 'sat nav' got her lost in London before the show that Marmalade attended.. it was hilarious.

Having said that, I'm sure that Marmalade would still risk asking Santa for one of these new age toys before venturing into strange parts :wink:

Can't remember if I mentioned this before but my friend over there in The States recently filmed Eliza for her cable tv show, so if anyone's interested I'll post the date it's going out and the areas it's available in, a little nearer the time.

She's also filmed another artist called Dovecote antics (or something like that), I'll keep you posted.
I still don't blame you for leaving baby... it's cold living with goats
Ian
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby marmalade » Fri May 26, 2006 5:09 pm

I really enjoyed listening to Eliza on Bob Harris Country last night and it reminded me of how much I had loved her show at the Borderline in London last Monday.

On checking, it became clear that I had one more chance to see her on this UK tour so I grabbed it. I've had to change a few plans but Eliza is worth it, so tomorrow I must travel to Buckingham. And I fully intend to hear 'Twisted' this time, whatever it may take to persuade her :wink:
marmalade
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby keith from ny » Fri May 26, 2006 5:56 pm

marmalade wrote:On checking, it became clear that I had one more chance to see her on this UK tour so I grabbed it. I've had to change a few plans but Eliza is worth it, so tomorrow I must travel to Buckingham. And I fully intend to hear 'Twisted' this time, whatever it may take to persuade her :wink:

Good for you! Eliza will perform Twisted on request, but be advised she will require you to sing along. :D
I don't know nothing except change will come
keith from ny
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby marmalade » Fri May 26, 2006 6:17 pm

I don't mind singing along.

Keep your fingers crossed for me guys :)
marmalade
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Arlene » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:42 pm

She was a guest on kut on 1/5/07. To hear her performance, go to http://kut.org/items/show/6909

During the interview, she mentions that she just cut a live record in Austin at The Cactus Cafe that will have a number of new songs on it.
"You've got to sing like you don't need the money, love like you'll never get hurt. You've got to dance like no one is watching. It's gotta come from the heart, if you want it to work."
~Susannah Clark

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." ~Molly Ivins

"If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner."
~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby kcguy » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:37 pm

"Your Town Tonight", the live cd that marmalade and others have mentioned previously, is being officially released tomorrow.

kcguy
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Ian » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:07 pm

Man of God

No words needed!
I still don't blame you for leaving baby... it's cold living with goats
Ian
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Previous

Return to Music. (Other than Patty!)