Emmylou Harris

Yes, there's a whole world of music out there besides Patty.

Moderator: gillian

Postby girlgoddess » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:25 pm

Thanks to the lovely Arlene I finally got to see Emmylou in concert! She performed Tuesday night at Summerstage in Central Park with Elvis Costello. YAY! So good... my july cd of the month is going to have to be one of hers.

thanks again, Arlene!
.r.
if you have poo, fling it now.
girlgoddess
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Kelsea » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:48 am

Did any-one by chance catch Emmylou and Elvis Costello on David Letterman tonight? I completely spaced out and realized I missed it. If any-one watched it how was the performance and what song was it that was played? Thanks

Kelsea
Kelsea
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Little_Kites » Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:17 am

Arlene wrote:FYI. If you want to see video of Emmylou performing, there's a new site up-- http://www.roseofemmylou.com/ --and on it you can see a 1975 clip of her singing Boulder to Birmingham, a 1976 clip of I'll Be Your San Antonio Rose, a 2003 clip of Here I Am, and a 2004 clip of Imagine.

Whoa good stuff! I really liked Emmylou doing Imagine! Thanks for the link!
Little_Kites
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Arlene » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:14 am

KelseaC wrote:Did any-one by chance catch Emmylou and Elvis Costello on David Letterman tonight? I completely spaced out and realized I missed it. If any-one watched it how was the performance and what song was it that was played? Thanks Kelsea

Need you ask??? They sang Love Hurts. I thought the guitar was a little loud on this mix in comparison to the vocals but they do a dynamite version of this song together.
"You've got to sing like you don't need the money, love like you'll never get hurt. You've got to dance like no one is watching. It's gotta come from the heart, if you want it to work."
~Susannah Clark

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." ~Molly Ivins

"If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner."
~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Kelsea » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:06 am

Thanks for the info Arlene, I cant believe I missed that.
Last edited by Kelsea on Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kelsea
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Arlene » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:00 pm

To see the Elvis/Emmylou concert segnment on this morning's Today Show, see http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3041478 (This is likely to be available for only the next two weeks.)

They sing "What's So Funny 'Bout Peace Love and Understanding," "Love Hurts," and "The Scarlet Tide."
"You've got to sing like you don't need the money, love like you'll never get hurt. You've got to dance like no one is watching. It's gotta come from the heart, if you want it to work."
~Susannah Clark

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." ~Molly Ivins

~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Arlene » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:10 am

KelseaC wrote:Did any-one by chance catch Emmylou and Elvis Costello on David Letterman tonight? I completely spaced out and realized I missed it. If any-one watched it how was the performance and what song was it that was played? Thanks Kelsea

Kelsea- You can see the video of Elvis and Emmylou singing Love Hurts on Letterman at http://www.roseofemmylou.com/ Enjoy!
~Susannah Clark

~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Little_Kites » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:06 pm

Arlene wrote:

Kelsea- You can see the video of Elvis and Emmylou singing Love Hurts on Letterman at http://www.roseofemmylou.com/ Enjoy!

I've been trying to listen to Love Hurts since yesterday but the audio doesn't really work well for me...hmmm not sure why...I guess I'll check back every once and awhile??

ETA: Alrighty I think its working now!
Little_Kites
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Kelsea » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:21 pm

Thanks for posting the link Arlene, I watched it this morning a again right now. I'm glad I finally got to see/hear them perform together, I like their version of "love hurts".
Kelsea
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Arlene » Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:42 am

FYI. Emmylou's slight fracture of a bone in her hand has healed enough to allow her to play a guitar and you can see and hear her playing and singing harmony with Neil Young on "This Old Guitar" in a clip from last night's hurricane relief benefit concert on CMT, VHI and MTV at http://www.roseofemmylou.com/
~Susannah Clark

~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Turk » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:22 am

Arlene wrote:You can see the video of Elvis and Emmylou singing Love Hurts on Letterman at http://www.roseofemmylou.com/ Enjoy!

I saw Emmy on Letterman the night they performed (go figure :wink: }
I was pleasantly surprised at how well they did that song together. Of course, Emmylou can make anybody sound good.

I've enjoyed the videos at www.roseofemylou.com. It's pretty cool seeing Rodney Crowell when he was a member of her "Hot Band".

And I'm glad the broken hand wasn't so severe that it has kept her from performing.
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Kelsea » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:50 pm

I'm glad to hear her hand is healing well, I was afraid it was much worse than it is.
Kelsea
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Arlene » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:19 pm

I don't know if I've mentioned (or anyone cares) that Emmylou has recorded an album of duets with Mark Knopfler that should come out early next year, although there is no definitive date for the release.

To hear the first duet from their collaboration, you can check out the following link: http://www.orpheu21.blogspot.com/
~Susannah Clark

~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Turk » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:21 pm

Arlene wrote:I don't know if I've mentioned (or anyone cares) that Emmylou has recorded an album of duets with Mark Knopfler that should come out early next year, although there is no definitive date for the release.

To hear the first duet from their collaboration, you can check out the following link: http://www.orpheu21.blogspot.com/

..."or anyone cares"
Did I really just read that?
Come on, Counselor. Don't go forgettin' about me.....
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Arlene » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:21 am

For Turk (and anyone else interested): Emmylou and Rodney Crowell will be on Conan tonight (Wednesday, 1/4) dueting on their Grammy nominated version of Dylan's "Shelter From The Storm"
~Susannah Clark

~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

PreviousNext

Return to Music. (Other than Patty!)