Bright Eyes

Yes, there's a whole world of music out there besides Patty.

Moderator: gillian

Bright Eyes

Postby Arlene » Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:06 pm

I just got the new Bright Eyes album, I'm Wide Awake It's Morning, and I'm really liking it. (He's releasing two CDs simultaneously and this is the more folkish/acoustic of the two.) I haven't listened to anything else of his, and I'll admit, I was put off by all the "young Dylan" hype but this is a fine record. (FYI, Emmylou Harris sings prominent harmony vocals on three songs, and yes Turk, that IS why I took a chance and ordered the album before hearing it.)
"You've got to sing like you don't need the money, love like you'll never get hurt. You've got to dance like no one is watching. It's gotta come from the heart, if you want it to work."
~Susannah Clark

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." ~Molly Ivins

"If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner."
~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby gillian » Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:03 pm

A friend of mine is a HUGE fan of Bright Eyes (Bright Eyes is his 'Patty', in terms we can understand).

I promised him that I would buy the new album, as he thinks I will really enjoy it. I've already downloaded the single from iTunes (When the President Talks to God). I didn't realize that Emmylou did harmony on some of the tracks. I'll pick up the album soon.

Did anyone catch him on ACL a couple weeks ago? I enjoyed his solo performances, but I wish he would have done more solo songs instead of having his tour friends do their own (he only did 3 songs solo).
gillian
Founder
Founder

Return to Music. (Other than Patty!)