Brandi Carlile

Yes, there's a whole world of music out there besides Patty.

Moderator: gillian

Postby Mis » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:17 am

I scored 2 tickets to the WXPN Members Only show that Brandi is doing on 2/20 at World Cafe Live - anyone want to come down and be my + 1? Just thought I'd offer! :) (It's an 8pm show, btw.)
Liars
are lying
Airplanes
are flying
Love isn't here
Love isn't here
But it's somewhere...
Mis
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby PCStuff » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:55 pm

Arlene wrote:FYI. WXPN now has its own station archives (separate from the World Cafe archives) and if you scroll down to find it, you can hear a concert by Brandi Carlisle at http://www.xponentialmusic.org/intervie ... hives.php# (This is the only place I've been able to find her singing The Times They Are A Changing)

I saved that concert and converted them over to MP3's.

I REALLY love this entire show...and can't wait to buy her next album.

The power and feeling she puts into track 09 "The Story" at about 1:00 and again 3:00 just blows me away...also the entire track 12 - Halleleujah...and last track 13 - Creep.... She reminds me of Janis Joplin in terms of her intensity and power.

Very few artists are able to sing with all their soul and so powerfully. I'm amazed at her vocal range and control. I was even surprised at the quality of her backup vocals and band for this concert. This must have been one incredible concert to see in person.

I also got her two shows from KCRW and converted to MP3's.
PCStuff
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Brandi on wfuv.org Tuesday night 2/13 at 9pm e.s.t.

Postby Gerry » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:52 pm

9 PM, Words and Music from Studio A: After steadily touring behind her self-titled debut, Brandi Carlile quickly moved on to recording her second album The Story, which features her powerhouse voice, backing band Tim and Phil Hanseroth, and a collection of songs that prove her breakthrough success was no fluke. Hear a preview of the forthcoming album tonight as Brandi, Tim and Phil join Rita Houston in Studio A.

www.wfuv.org
Gerry
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Arlene » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:56 pm

And speaking of WFUV...

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 22
8-9 PM, City Folk Live: From the Cutting Room in Manhattan, a live performance with Brandi Carlile.

This members' concert will be streamed live over the web at http://www.wfuv.org and later archived
Last edited by Arlene on Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You've got to sing like you don't need the money, love like you'll never get hurt. You've got to dance like no one is watching. It's gotta come from the heart, if you want it to work."
~Susannah Clark

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." ~Molly Ivins

"If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner."
~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

New Tour dates!

Postby Gerry » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:21 pm

Seattle (3/30) and Portland (3/31) are "Special acoustic performance and album listening party."
Dallas (4/11) is an acoustic headlining show.
All other tour dates are full band headlining shows.

30-Mar -- The Triple Door -- Seattle, WA
31-Mar -- Mississippi Studios -- Portland, OR
2-Apr -- Great American Music Hall -- San Francisco, CA
3-Apr -- Troubadour -- West Hollywood, CA
6-Apr -- The Casbah -- San Diego, CA
7-Apr -- Rialto Theatre -- Tucson, AZ
10-Apr -- Bend Studio -- Dallas, TX
11-Apr -- The Parish -- Austin, TX
13-Apr -- The Parish at House of Blues -- New Orleans, LA
16-Apr -- WorkPlay Theater -- Birmingham, AL
17-Apr -- Belcourt Theatre -- Nashville, TN
18-Apr -- Newby's -- Memphis, TN
19-Apr -- Variety Playhouse -- Atlanta, GA
24-Apr -- Birchmere -- Alexandria, VA
25-Apr -- World Cafe Live -- Philadelphia, PA
26-Apr -- Bowery Ballroom -- New York, NY
28-Apr -- Iron Horse Music Hall-- Northampton, MA
30-Apr -- Recher Theatre -- Towson, MD
2-May -- Higher Ground Showcase Lounge -- Burlington, VT
4-May -- The Music Hall -- Portsmouth, NH
5-May -- Paradise Rock Club -- Boston, MA
7-May -- Horseshoe Tavern -- Toronto, ON
8-May -- House of Blues, Cambridge Room -- Cleveland, OH
9-May -- The Ark -- Ann Arbor, MI
11-May -- Schubas Tavern -- Chicago, IL
12-May -- Schubas Tavern -- Chicago, IL
15-May -- The Music Mill -- Indianapolis, IN
16-May -- Shank Hall -- Milwaukee, WI
18-May -- Varsity Theatre -- Minneapolis, MN
19-May -- Varsity Theatre -- Minneapolis, MN
22-May -- Fox Theatre -- Boulder, CO
23-May -- The Big Easy -- Boise, ID
24-May -- Big Easy Concert House -- Spokane, WA
Gerry
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Re: New Tour dates!

Postby Fool On Fire » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:51 pm

Gerry wrote:19-Apr -- Variety Playhouse -- Atlanta, GA

HELL FUCKIN YEAH!!!!

This is so bad ass. Ang? You in?

~Elise
I've become the beggar now, and you've become the saint somehow
twist the words and place the blame, and tell me now, aren't we the same?

-- Amy Ray

born under a bad sign, been down since I began to crawl
if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all

-- Albert King

the saints and all the martyrs look down on dying converts
"what makes the water holy," she said, "is that it's the closest thing to rain..."

-- Josh Ritter

...the blues is the roots...everything else is the fruits...
Fool On Fire
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Mis » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:57 pm

Woooohoo! There's a presale for tix this Saturday, the 17th folks. Sign up at www.brandicarlile.com to the mailing list for more details, or check in at her fantastic fansite: www.againtoday.com

So who's coming down for the April Philly show? ;)
Liars
are lying
Airplanes
are flying
Love isn't here
Love isn't here
But it's somewhere...
Mis
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Re: Brandi on wfuv.org Tuesday night 2/13 at 9pm e.s.t.

Postby PCStuff » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:08 pm

Gerry wrote:9 PM, Words and Music from Studio A: After steadily touring behind her self-titled debut, Brandi Carlile quickly moved on to recording her second album The Story, which features her powerhouse voice, backing band Tim and Phil Hanseroth, and a collection of songs that prove her breakthrough success was no fluke. Hear a preview of the forthcoming album tonight as Brandi, Tim and Phil join Rita Houston in Studio A.

www.wfuv.org

It was nice listening to the show they have on file at WFUV, even considering the goofy yuck, yuck, inane DJ you need to put up with, but the recording quality is nothing like the two shows on KCRW's site.

It was interesting to hear that they already had all these songs long ago that will be on her 2nd album. They are concerned more about their 3rd album which they don't have any songs for yet.
PCStuff
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby PCStuff » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:02 am

Heads up....I just got an email and bought a Vinyl version of The Story to be released on March 20th (2 weeks before CD's release), which are offered on a first come first serve basis that will likely become collector's items. Some of you may still have a nice turntable...but there is a huge market in Vinyl albums for many artists for people like me who can hear the difference.
PCStuff
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby tuckatangent » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:47 pm

Just bought my Austin tickets yesterday. It'll be a date with my dad again, and hopefully my best friend will come along too.
Amber
tuckatangent
A Place to Stand
A Place to Stand

Postby Mis » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:24 am

Am going to see Brandi at an XPN members only show tonight - they're broadcasting it live at 8PM via xpn.org if you want to listen! :D
Liars
are lying
Airplanes
are flying
Love isn't here
Love isn't here
But it's somewhere...
Mis
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby PCStuff » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:35 pm

Mis wrote:Am going to see Brandi at an XPN members only show tonight - they're broadcasting it live at 8PM via xpn.org if you want to listen! :D

Sweet....got it tuned in. Thanks!
PCStuff
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby PCStuff » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:01 pm

WOW! What a fabulous live show. I'm so glad I recorded it. Folsom Prison Blues...WOW!
PCStuff
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Mis » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:13 pm

I was standing RIGHT in front of her. Good GOD what a fantastic show, if not a bit short! You could tell she wanted to play longer. She actually broke a string right as she started "Folsom," and had to let Tim carry the guitar on the song. She then got us all clapping to kind of cover for the fact that she couldn't play on it. LOL She played that during the set I saw when she opened for Shawn Colvin this past fall and it was screaming good - but she was really, really enjoying it tonight. DAMN that girl can sing. What a fantastic night! I could go on and on, really!

And PC - I'd LOVE to have a copy of your recording. Michaela Majoun (the DJ) let us know that an archive of the stream will be up on xponentialmusic.org in the coming week too.
Liars
are lying
Airplanes
are flying
Love isn't here
Love isn't here
But it's somewhere...
Mis
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby PCStuff » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:35 pm

Mis wrote:I was standing RIGHT in front of her. Good GOD what a fantastic show, if not a bit short! You could tell she wanted to play longer. She actually broke a string right as she started "Folsom," and had to let Tim carry the guitar on the song. She then got us all clapping to kind of cover for the fact that she couldn't play on it. LOL She played that during the set I saw when she opened for Shawn Colvin this past fall and it was screaming good - but she was really, really enjoying it tonight. DAMN that girl can sing. What a fantastic night! I could go on and on, really!

And PC - I'd LOVE to have a copy of your recording. Michaela Majoun (the DJ) let us know that an archive of the stream will be up on xponentialmusic.org in the coming week too.

I saved it as the higher 96bit WMV format that they offered live, which is a higher quality than mp3 128bit. I have not yet broken it into individual songs, and when converted over to an mp3 it is 55 mb's. I think I can upload it to box.net, so let me know if you would prefer it separated by song. It is very nice quality...lasting 55 mins 26 sec.

BTW, check this nice little site I just found. Snagging them now.
PCStuff
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

PreviousNext

Return to Music. (Other than Patty!)