Brandi Carlile

Yes, there's a whole world of music out there besides Patty.

Moderator: gillian

Postby Mis » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:37 pm

PCStuff wrote:WOW! I got my LP version of her album today, and what a treasure this album is. WOW!

Got mine yesterday too and spent alllll evening listening to it - I totally agree! :D It's fantastic stuff. And very well-suited to vinyl - I love the kind of analog, AM-radio sound to a lot of the tunes. They just cry to be played on vinyl. :D
Liars
are lying
Airplanes
are flying
Love isn't here
Love isn't here
But it's somewhere...
Mis
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby gillian » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:17 am

Brandi's new album, The Story, is streaming online at http://www.star987.com/pages/new_music_ ... le=1894991.
gillian
Founder
Founder

Postby Mis » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:28 am

Album is out TODAY! :D

ANNNNNNNNNNND...the video for "The Story" was released today, as well.

I have one thing to say. OH my HOLY God. ::drools::

http://music.yahoo.com/ar-19721589-vide ... di-Carlile
Liars
are lying
Airplanes
are flying
Love isn't here
Love isn't here
But it's somewhere...
Mis
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Arlene » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:54 pm

FYI. Brandi will be on Morning Becomes Eclectic on Thurdsay, April 5th. See http://www.kcrw.com/music/programs/mb/m ... di_carlile
"You've got to sing like you don't need the money, love like you'll never get hurt. You've got to dance like no one is watching. It's gotta come from the heart, if you want it to work."
~Susannah Clark

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." ~Molly Ivins

"If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner."
~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Mis » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:51 pm

Arlene, you are so on top of this stuff. I thank you! I swear you are my source for Brandi information and I end up reporting it on her board only because you have reported it here first. So official credit to you! ;)
Liars
are lying
Airplanes
are flying
Love isn't here
Love isn't here
But it's somewhere...
Mis
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby PCStuff » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:34 am

I heard in a number of interviews how much Brandi appreciated the relationship and artistic contribution of T Bone Burnett in the studio production, and now that I listen to this....I can hear many nuances and exquisite quality that is rare today.

I hope she gets a home run with this album. It really deserves it. This is my favorite album of the last 6 months....which is saying quite a lot.
PCStuff
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby irishcornboy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:26 pm

I wasn't a fan of Brandi's debut, sure there were some killer tracks, I just didn't care for over most of the disc.
"The Story" on the other hand, is a completely different matter. Not one track did I not like, in fact, I'm loving this whole disc right now and find it quite interesting that I can't seem to listen to the new Bright Eyes at all because of it.
I also can't help but notice, how much Brandi reminds me of a young Maria McKee.
"I once thought that when you understood something, it was with you forever. I know now that this isn't so, that most truths are inherently unretainable, that we have to work hard all of our lives to remember the most basic things."-Lucy Grealy
irishcornboy
A Place to Stand
A Place to Stand

Postby PCStuff » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:04 am

PCStuff
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby bluebird » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:43 pm

For those of you who watch GREY'S ANATOMY, Brandi's video for the song "The Story" ended last night's episode. The video was interspersed with images from the show. Great publicity!
We wait for the bus that's going to Bangor in my plaid dress and burgundy shoes.
bluebird
A Place to Stand
A Place to Stand

Postby MWM » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:30 pm

She's gonna blow up.

That's not a terrorist threat; I mean it in the commercial sense. I saw her on Entertainment Tonight yesterday. And they called her "newcomer Brandi Carlile." The sound of it was akin to a starting pistol.
The meteorite is the source of the light
And the meteor's just what we see
And the meteoroid is a stone that's devoid
Of the fire that propelled it to thee
And the meteorite's just what causes the light
And the meteor's how it's perceived
And the meteoroid's a bone thrown from the void
That lies quiet in offering to thee
MWM
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Turk » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:11 pm

Just the promotion from Grey's alone will dramatically change her life.
Big time.
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby PCStuff » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:12 pm

How right you all are. Now #5 at Amazon...same link as above.

Whoops....now #4.
PCStuff
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby bluebird » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:18 pm

Her cd is #2 on iTunes :D
We wait for the bus that's going to Bangor in my plaid dress and burgundy shoes.
bluebird
A Place to Stand
A Place to Stand

Postby Mis » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:36 pm

Man, I am so excited for her. :D I'm not as excited for us, however, because the days of the small venue shows are going to disappear right quickly. Ah well - good for her.
Liars
are lying
Airplanes
are flying
Love isn't here
Love isn't here
But it's somewhere...
Mis
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Kelsea » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:50 pm

I finally got to the store to pick up a copy of The Story and am so happy with it! Definitely one of the best albums I’ve picked up in the last few months, Brandi rarely disappoints though. I can’t tell if I like it better than her debut but there are some fantastic tracks. I can’t stop playing The Story, My Song, Have You Ever, Cannonball (glad it made the album), Shadow On The Wall and Again Today- this is entirely subject to change. Shadow on the Wall has such a familiar sound and delivery to it but I can’t figure out what yet, great track though. I do wish Again Today (maybe my fave) and the track that follows (not the same song right?) were split but oh well.

I completely agree with those who have echoed Brandi’s potential to “blow up” with this latest album and completely agree, she could go just as fast as KT Tunstall seemed too. Brandi played in AZ last Sunday but I had no chance of making the show, wish I could have though, was a nice small venue (same Patty played). My sister heard Brandi on Grey’s Anatomy and called me, so yeah, that should help her out just a smidge. Glad The Story is doing so well, she absolutely deserves it.
Kelsea
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

PreviousNext

Return to Music. (Other than Patty!)