Audio Archives

Yes, there's a whole world of music out there besides Patty.

Moderator: gillian

Postby sandina » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:51 pm

Here's another cool link, Arlene. I don't think you have it on your list yet.

http://www.rte.ie/tv/othervoices/20060125otherv.html
sandina
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Ian » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:20 pm

sandina wrote:Here's another cool link, Arlene. I don't think you have it on your list yet.

Wow! great spot Sandi... and from so far away too :lol:

I vote this the link most likely to upset my kids tonight as I hog the pc trawling through the video archives.

Wow... didn't know Horslips were still playing together :shock:
I still don't blame you for leaving baby... it's cold living with goats
Ian
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Arlene » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:30 pm

sandina wrote:Here's another cool link, Arlene. I don't think you have it on your list yet.

Thanks Sandi! I've added it.

Keep those great links coming, folks. Thanks.
"You've got to sing like you don't need the money, love like you'll never get hurt. You've got to dance like no one is watching. It's gotta come from the heart, if you want it to work."
~Susannah Clark

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." ~Molly Ivins

"If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner."
~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby LimeTwister » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:24 pm

Arlene wrote:And Gillian-- a sticky!!!! I'm....I'm.... verklemft. :D :D :D

you wha???

that doesn't sound healthy.
I guess I'm taking my chances
Giving up the ring, throwing in the gloves
I guess I'm taking my chances
Trading in my things For a couple wings on a little white dove
And one big love, one big love
LimeTwister
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Arlene » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:43 am

LimeTwister wrote:
Arlene wrote:And Gillian-- a sticky!!!! I'm....I'm.... verklemft. :D :D :D

you wha??? that doesn't sound healthy.

Lime- PLEASE don't tell me you're too young to remember the SNL "Coffee Talk" sketch with Mike Myers as Linda Richman???? See http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/coffeetalk/

(Talk amongst yourselves....)
"You've got to sing like you don't need the money, love like you'll never get hurt. You've got to dance like no one is watching. It's gotta come from the heart, if you want it to work."
~Susannah Clark

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." ~Molly Ivins

~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby marybeth » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:16 am

Geez, I think I'm too OLD to remember that sketch. I stopped watching after Chevy Chase. :oops:
http://www.marybethdamico.com

Some people don't care if they live or they die
Some people want to know what it feels like to fly

Americana: "a nebulous category of misfits and acquired tastes, many of whom seem to have worn cowboy hats at one time or another" LA Times article
marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Arlene » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:05 am

I've just added a link to an additional radio station with lots of audio archives, (WMVY of Martha's Vinyard in Massachusetts) see http://www.mvyradio.com/downloads/archives.php

There's an interview with Patty so just scroll down till you get to it. (In the archives, artists names are alphabetized by their FIRST names so look for Patty under--- duh-- "P")

These archives included interviews and in-studio performances with all sorts of people including Patty, Kathleen Edwards, KT Tunstall, Lucinda Williams, etc.
~Susannah Clark

~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Arlene » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:15 pm

FYI. Here's a link to an amazing extensive archive of live concerts. No Patty, but lots of Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Bonnie Raitt, Steve Earle, Alison Krauss, CSNY and Byrds, some Gillian Welch, some Emmylou Harris, some Rosanne Cash, some Gram Parsons, some John Prine, some Steve Goodman, some David Bromberg, some Guy Clark, some Flaming Lips, TONS of Grateful Dead, lots of hardcore bluegrass, as well as newgrass, etc., etc. Most are audio recordings but there are many video recordings also. The site provides set lists for all concerts.

I just listened to the full Emmylou Harris/Mark Knopfler show recorded June 28, 2006 in Los Angeles. (All concerts are listed alphabetically by artist's first name and abbreviations are used for some artists/groups. To hear the Emmylou/Knopfler show, look under MarkKnopfler_Emmylou Harris)

See http://tela.sugarmegs.org/_asxtela/
~Susannah Clark

~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby kcguy » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:44 am

Wow, great site! Thanks, Arlene. I was looking around "sugarmegs" and the shows are archived on either http://tela.sugarmegs.org/sugaree/ or http://tela.sugarmegs.org/boxofrain/ as wma or wmv files that can be downloaded. This works better for me as I was having trouble with the streaming files (because I have dial-up). Downloads are available from 5 pm to 9 am eastern time and all weekend. All future additions will be archived on "box of rain".

I downloaded the first show of the new CSN&Y tour. It's almost 3 hours long and is centered around Neil's new cd, "Living With War". Except for the overly chatty/rowdy crowd, it's a powerful performance. Those other 3 guys are much better when they're touring with Neil. :lol:

I also enjoyed all of the Loudon Wainwright shows and there were 2 shows by "The Roches": a 1983 Soundstage and a 2005 christmastime show from NYC. I'm happy that all 3 sisters are performing together again. They too are better as a group (and I hear they are releasing a new cd soon). :)
kcguy
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby kcguy » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:31 pm

Big O magazine offers free downloads of "live" recordings (192 kb mp3). There are usually 6 to 10 shows, listed on the left side of the page. They are posted for a couple of weeks and then replaced with new ones. The entire CSN&Y Camden NJ show (7-06-06, the same show as on "Sugarmegs") is up now (as of August 4th) for a limited time.

If you're registered with "Dime", I believe the lossless torrent of this show is still active. :)
Last edited by kcguy on Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
kcguy
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Arlene » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:39 am

BTW. I just added a link to CMT's Live Studion 330 Sessions: http://www.cmt.com/music/studio_330_ses ... hive.jhtml

Here, you can find video of live performances by a host of great artists, including Kathleen Edwards, The Greencards, The Duhks, Mindy Smith, Caitlin Cary and Thad Cockrell, Buddy Miller, Old Crow Medicine Show, Adrienne Young and Little Sadie, Scott Miller and The Commonwealth, Bruce Robinson, etc., etc.
~Susannah Clark

~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Ian » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:19 pm

There's some great video from the 2006 Cambridge folk festival here, including Richard (&Teddy) Thompson, Tift Merrit, Seth Lakeman, Eddie Reader and the exquisite Cara Dillon.

Cambridge
I still don't blame you for leaving baby... it's cold living with goats
Ian
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby kcguy » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:49 pm

New Hampshire Public Radio has a couple of programs, though I'm not sure for how long they archive shows. One is Folk Show. There are some performances there from the 2006 Great Waters Folk Festival, including Cheryl Wheeler and others (Judy Collins' performance will be posted there soon).

The other show, which is not strictly a music program, is The Front Porch. Kris Delmhorst and Peter Mulveywere on the program on July 14th, chatted and performed a couple of songs each. Catie Curtis was on the show on August 9th, talked about the 2 kids she recently adopted, and performed 3 songs from her new album, including "People Look Around". Catie and (co-writer) Mark Erelli won the grand prize (out of more than 15,000 entries) at the 2005 International Songwriting Competition for this (post-Katrina themed) song.
kcguy
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby kcguy » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:25 pm

Perhaps the AT&T Blue Room could be added to this list. Besides the Austin City Limits festival this weekend, (I've enjoyed Los Lobos and Aimee Mann today and am looking forward to Kathleen Edwards tomorrow)which I believe will be archived, there is plenty of other music and interviews on the site.
kcguy
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Arlene » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:00 am

kcguy wrote:Perhaps the AT&T Blue Room could be added to this list. Besides the Austin City Limits festival this weekend, (I've enjoyed Los Lobos and Aimee Mann today and am looking forward to Kathleen Edwards tomorrow)which I believe will be archived, there is plenty of other music and interviews on the site.

Done!
~Susannah Clark

~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

PreviousNext

Return to Music. (Other than Patty!)