Linsey Buckingham's new CD

Yes, there's a whole world of music out there besides Patty.

Moderator: gillian

Linsey Buckingham's new CD

Postby sfboy » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:10 am

Hi y'all. If there are any Fleetwood Mac / Lindsey Buckingham fans out there, I thought you'd like to know that I just saw on his website that he's got a new acoustic CD coming out on October 3. It's called Under the Skin, and the notice on his website also says that he'll be doing a short tour for it, too! I saw his solo tour show in SF for Out of the Cradle, and it was amazing. I'm very very excited!

Kevin

p.s. And no, I don't know if Stevie will be on it. I'm guessing not, though you never know. Hey, maybe he'll ask Patty to do some vocals......
sfboy
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby KarenL » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:20 pm

Thanks for the info, Kevin. I'm a huge Fleetwood Mac / Lindsey Buckingham fan... I loved his Out Of The Cradle CD, but never saw him solo (saw FM, though, in 1997).

Patty's vocals would blend beautufully on his CD. :)
KarenL
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby sfboy » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:45 pm

OK, well, I guess I can't even spell Lindsey...I was just too damn excited! The latest is that the CD is very upbeat, has very little bass or drums, and will be followed in 2007 (and after a short tour) by a much more rocking follow up! Two solo CDs from Mr. Buckingham in 2 years is really hard to believe, but we'll see. Below is a link to a very short article in the McPaper.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/2006-08-10 ... htm?csp=34

(You'll have to either stomach or disregard the Burt Reynolds pic like I did!)

Also, he's (Lindsey, not Burt) playing a show in Milwauke soon. Check out his website, and if you go, I want details!!!!

Kevin
sfboy
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby StevieFan » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:00 pm

October 3rd is his birthday, too!
*YOUR AD HERE*
Call or email for rates.
StevieFan
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Arlene » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:41 am

StevieFan wrote:October 3rd is his birthday, too!

WOW! A Stevie fan sighting!!! Where've you been??? Great to see a post from you (as long as my typos don't reappear in your signature line).
"You've got to sing like you don't need the money, love like you'll never get hurt. You've got to dance like no one is watching. It's gotta come from the heart, if you want it to work."
~Susannah Clark

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." ~Molly Ivins

"If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner."
~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby sfboy » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:27 pm

HI y'all. I totally forgot about Lindsey's birthday. You're right, Stevie Fan. Good call! Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that the track listing for the new CD is not on his website but is on Amazon. Go figure. A few of the songs are from Gift of Screws and are also on his Soundstage DVD. Below is the track listing. Down on Rodeo and Someone's Gotta Change Your Mind are both great great songs.

Kevin

1. Not Too Late
2. Show You How
3. Under The Skin
4. I Am Waiting
5. It Was You
6. Try For The Sun
7. Cast Away Dreams
8. Shut Us Down
9. Down On Rodeo
10. Someone's Gotta Change Your Mind
11. Juniper
sfboy
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby sfboy » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:12 pm

Just an update. Lindsey's solo tour dates are up on his site. He's doing a special presale (isn't everyone now) to try and keep the tickets out of the hands of those evildoers, that scum of the earth---scalpers! Yay for that, but it seems a tad complicate on his site. Maybe not complicated, but not explained fully or very well. In any case, check it out if you want to see him live in October. I saw him on his Out of the Cradle tour and it was an amazing show. And who knows, Stevie isn't on tour or in the studio now...maybe she'll pop in somewhere on his tour, like she was doing with Tom Petty.

Is anyone going to the SF show at the Palace of Fine ARts? If so, let me know and maybe we can meet up before the show and talk Patty/Lindsey/whoever else.

Kevin
sfboy
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby KarenL » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:52 pm

I just purchased Under The Skin from iTunes....woohoo... I can't wait to listen.

Kevin, have an amazing time at the show. I hear your seats aren't half bad, either? :)

Karen
KarenL
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby sfboy » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:05 am

HI Karen

I hope you like the CD. It's been getting really good reviews. I like it pretty well, though I have to say that my favorite of Lindsey's solo discs is still Out of the Cradle. But I like the fact that he's doing different sort of stuff and not just turning out a Fleetwood Macesque disc. And he's a great, great guitar player.

Let me know what you think after you're listened a few times. And yes, the show is going to be a lot of fun. I even get to take the night off from work!

Kevin
sfboy
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby elcorazon » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:49 am

I like this record quite a bit. Not really an expert on Lindsey, only really know his big FM records, and really do dig them, but this one seems really special, at least based on initial impressions.
If I died, he'd hear about it, eventually.
elcorazon
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby lily » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:06 pm

Oooh, I totally forgot about this one! I'm so glad that I Am Waiting came out, and the rest of the Gift Of Screws demos, is anyone else going to the show (wherever they may be)?
lily
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby sfboy » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:05 pm

I'm going to the SF show. Where are you? Are you seeing him? I was lucky enough to see Lindsey on his Out of the Cradle tour and it was one of my all time favorite shows. I'm really looking forward to this one, too.

Kevin
sfboy
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby lily » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:58 pm

sfboy wrote:I'm going to the SF show. Where are you? Are you seeing him? I was lucky enough to see Lindsey on his Out of the Cradle tour and it was one of my all time favorite shows. I'm really looking forward to this one, too.

Kevin

I'm going to the Phoenix show tonight... I'm excited, he hinted that Stevie would be there too (thought I'm not sure if he just meant in the audience or what). I've never seen him solo before.
lily
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby sfboy » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:38 pm

If anyone has gone to any of Lindsey's solo shows on this tour and can help me out...

I invited a friend to go with me to Lindsey's SF show and she's getting a baby sitter. For that reason she needs to know what time she'll be getting home. No one at the venue can tell me whether there's an opening band. I'm assuming that since the ad says "An evening w/ Lindsey Buckingham" that there isn't, but if anyone can let me know one way or another and what time the show finished, that would be really really helpful.

Also, without revealing the setlist ('cause F Mac, Stevie, and Lindsey are all really notorious for not changing the set list much if at all unless it's a super long tour, and even then, they don't change things up much), how was the show?

Thanks.

Kevin
sfboy
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby sfboy » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:22 pm

I just saw LIndsey last night and he was amazing. The set was varied, he didn't do the songs from Under the Skin that I thought he would, he did two short sets all by himself, he did 3 (count them, 3!) songs from Tusk and was in fine, fine guitar form. It was so much fun. If you get a chance, go see him solo!!

Kevin
sfboy
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Next

Return to Music. (Other than Patty!)