Marybeth D'Amico

Yes, there's a whole world of music out there besides Patty.

Moderator: gillian

Postby Turk » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:14 pm

It was so thrilling to hear you on his show, MB!

Thanks for the link.
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby marybeth » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:32 pm

Your welcome, Turk! Thanks for listening.
http://www.marybethdamico.com

Some people don't care if they live or they die
Some people want to know what it feels like to fly

Americana: "a nebulous category of misfits and acquired tastes, many of whom seem to have worn cowboy hats at one time or another" LA Times article
marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Rob » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:33 pm

From MB via FB:

Just when you thought it was safe to turn the radio back on.....Marybeth gets featured on another British radio show! Tune in to see if the DJ will pronounce my name right! (I know he will, he's already promised!) GMT 10 pm (5 pm EST) on HFM Radio, the Quiet Revolution.
You can't really dust for vomit.

-- Nigel Tufnel
Rob
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Rob » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:31 pm

A new one from From MB via YT:

Down within the Darkness

There are also a few more new ones from her house concert last week.

They're awesome :!:

So listen later today.

(She's being self-effacing)

-- Nigel Tufnel
Rob
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby marybeth » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:44 am

Aw shucks Rob, you know I am shy! ;-) Truly, Rob is going to get on my case if I don't post this stuff...so I came over to give you one more public service announcement. I told him I don't want to spam anyone, as I already trumpet this all over Facebook. But since my dear Turk doesn't have FB, for him at least:

I am going to have a live interview tonight Nov 18 with a small radio station in the Highlands of Scotland called Oban FM. Interview is at 5 ish GMT (interview scheduled for 5:20 GMT, which is 12:20 EST). If you'd like to listen along click on http://www.obanfm.org.uk/. I think there must be an archive, too.

END OF ANNOUNCEMENT ;-)

Americana: "a nebulous category of misfits and acquired tastes, many of whom seem to have worn cowboy hats at one time or another" LA Times article
marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Turk » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:42 pm

I missed the show live last night, MB, but will look out for archives. Thanks for linking it here.
And thanks to Roberto for the YouTube clips.
I love them!
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Rob » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:16 pm

I missed the show too because I couldn't get the stream going.

Then MB said she goofed. The show isn't until next week. :lol: :P

So we both got lucky.

-- Nigel Tufnel
Rob
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby marybeth » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:36 am

Yes I did screw up. :oops: The interview is THIS Wednesday.

More excitement this week too, in that I was played again on Bob Harris (he said my album was "quite wonderful" ) and there is some other news about that I'll tell you when I'm one hundred percent sure it is happening....

marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby marybeth » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:25 pm

....which is I'm going to play a live session with Bob Harris in May. This is a big deal, nearly 45 minutes of live coverage, with three live songs and interviewing in between. Needless to say, I'm tickled pink about this!

marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby sfboy » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:56 pm

MB, that is just cooler than cool. Are you going to play new songs or older ones? What are you going to wear? (I know, it's radio, but still...) How are you going to handle the throngs of fans that flock to your shows after that interview? :)

I'm very happy for you. You totally deserve it!

Kevin
sfboy
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby marybeth » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:54 am

Aw thanks Kevin! Since I only get to play three songs I will probably play songs from my album, as I am still promoting it. It is being rereleased by Proper this month, so that gives my self-release a bit of a new life. I really want to record my next album by end of 2010, but we will see! I have no idea what I will wear....!

marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby marybeth » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:00 am

I wanted to mention to you all that I have a free download available on last.fm of me singing a song I wrote in 2006. That's my living room/kitchen you see in the accompanying video. My friend Marcel (who you know from this board) made the film in November.

http://www.last.fm/music/Marybeth+D%27A ... ov+2009%29

marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Arlene » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:39 pm

Just received a great mass e-mail/news update from one of my favorite Americana artists so I thought I'd republish it here:

Hey all,

I hope you had a good start into 2010! I just wanted to give you an update of my music plans for the year.

First off is a short trip to the Netherlands in April, in which Rob van Duuren and I will play four gigs, including a national radio program called OBA-Amsterdam. I have enjoyed playing with Rob on a previous trip to Holland, he’s the guy you see playing pedal steel on my video performances on YouTube. I also have to thank Theo Looijmans for kindly devoting his time on a volunteer basis to help me plan some performances there.

Then in May I am looking forward to my second U.K. tour! I am very happy to have found a crack team in the UK with James Soars (promotion) and Julian Lewry (booking). It’s rare in this business to say you feel safe in someone’s hands, but in this case it applies! The two have done a great job of generating some buzz for my debut album—which was re-released by the UK label Proper in November 2009—and we’ve already got some nice gigs booked. You can find dates on my website or via myspace.

I am also thrilled to have been chosen to do a live 45 minute session on Bob Harris’ show on BBC 2 while in London, which will be broadcast on May 22nd. I will be accompanied during the session and throughout my UK tour by Alan Cook, a veteran sideman who plays pedal steel and other wondrous acoustic instruments. I am looking forward to working with him—and having HIM drive on the left rather than me, because, who knows where that could end up!

Even more exciting is that I am finally going to go back into the studio to record my second album. I am returning to Austin to work again with Bradley Kopp, producer and musician extraordinaire. The emails and remote files are already flying back and forth across the Atlantic and recording should take place in September 2010. My plan will be to release the album in early 2011. The songs are all written, so I can tell you that you can expect something a little rockier from me in my second outing. That’s all I’ll say for now!

If you want to take a listen to some recent performances, I’ve posted a few videos on YouTube from my house concert at the Ammersee with KC McKanzie and Budi Budinsky in November. Check out, for example, a new song, “Reborn“ or “Ohio” sung in a trio with KC and Budi. There’s also a video of me live unplugged in the living room/kitchen, singing another unreleased song, “Down Within The Darkness“. An appropriate title I guess, as my daughter Bianca says there isn’t one song of mine that omits the word dark. What can I say, I just like the dark side! I hope you enjoy listening.

Take care all!

Marybeth

"You've got to sing like you don't need the money, love like you'll never get hurt. You've got to dance like no one is watching. It's gotta come from the heart, if you want it to work."
~Susannah Clark

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." ~Molly Ivins

"If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner."
~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Klary » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:46 am

I´m very much looking forward to see Marybeth play in Amsterdam again!
How the little dreams we dream
are all we can really do
Klary
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby mhwlng » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:03 am

Marybeth in Nijmegen on April 20th :

more : http://www.flickriver.com/photos/mhwlng/sets/72157609086892051/

Marcel
mhwlng
A Place to Stand
A Place to Stand