WholeWheatRadio

Yes, there's a whole world of music out there besides Patty.

Moderator: gillian

WholeWheatRadio

Postby this_mess » Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:52 pm

www.wholewheatradio.org

I don't know if anybody else here uses WWR, but it's amazing. I've been on it for about a year, and it's just cool cool cool. Basically, it's a totally independent radio station broadcast out of a wooden shack in Alaska. They do mainly folk with a strong contingent of blues and random weird stuff like joke-acappella as well. But the really cool thing is that you can request any song in their library and it'll go right into a request queue. There are zillions of other cool features that I won't go into, but trust me that they're there. :wink: I think it's really great that such an awesome site exists totally without corporate influence. In fact, they only, actually, play songs not released by the RIAA.

At the moment I'm working up the crowd for Patty's Grammy nom tonight. :wink: I just requested Perfect White Girls and I'm also voting for the next hour to be an all-Patty hour. Unfortunately, nothing from LWG/FR/1000K/ID is in their library because it's all released by the RIAA, but about ten or so Patty songs are available, mostly off Silver Bell.

If you end up signing up, my name there is raining.
I'd like to get away from earth awhile
And then come back to it and begin over.

--Robert Frost
this_mess
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby this_mess » Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:02 pm

Woohoo! As far as I know, from 5-6 EST, it's going to be primarily Patty at WWR! So log on quick. Hopefully they won't override the Patty hour for being too specific. :wink:
I'd like to get away from earth awhile
And then come back to it and begin over.

--Robert Frost
this_mess
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby altCountryGuy » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:49 pm

Thanks for the link, This is cool as hell!

Everybody needs a little forgiveness.

http://www.last.fm/user/altCountryGuy/
altCountryGuy
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Return to Music. (Other than Patty!)