Sinead O'Connor fans, I have a music question for you

Yes, there's a whole world of music out there besides Patty.

Moderator: gillian

Sinead O'Connor fans, I have a music question for you

Postby sfboy » Tue May 22, 2007 5:48 pm

I like Sinead O'Connor a lot and always get her CDs. I have a question. I recently rediscovered a song of hers called "Big Bunch of Junkie Lies". I absolutely love the song, and I'm wondering if anyone knows who it's about. It sounds like it's about a famous person, or at least someone famous enough to go on TV and talk about her. If anyone knows anything, I'm all ears.

Thanks!

Kevin

p.s. Is her new CD any good?
sfboy
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby gala002 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:52 am

Kevin,
I found this: "Big Bunch of Junkie Lies," a scathing message for Shane MacGowan.

And if you read a bit about, you may be sure it's the truth.
gala002
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby sfboy » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:07 pm

Hi Denis

Thanks so much for the answer. You guys up Norht are SMART!! (for example, you never elected someone named Bush).

Now I just have to find out who the heck Shane MadGowan is. Wikipedia, here I come!

Thanks again, Denis.

Kevin
sfboy
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby TontoBronto » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:49 am

My interest was piqued, so I googled Shane & Sinead:
from Salon.com

"Just over a year ago, the Guardian reported that MacGowan was admitted to a fancy rehab facility after his pal, Sinéad O'Connor, called the cops on him -- allegedly because he was hooked on heroin, a rumor MacGowan later denied after he was ejected from said dry-out program for reasons unknown. O'Connor told reporters that she feared for MacGowan's life, but MacGowan shrugged off the whole incident as if that sort of thing happens every day in his world. "I might as well clear up the fact that she [O'Connor] has made out that I was lying on the floor in a coma," he told the Guardian. "Whereas in fact I was sitting on the sofa having a G and T and watching a Sam Peckinpah movie, 'Cross of Iron.'"
TontoBronto
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby sfboy » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:57 am

Thanks, Tonto. I Wikipediaded him and got a shorter version of the same story, but at least I know who Shane MacGowan is now (the Pogues, for any of you who don't know but wanted to).

Anyway, I highly recommend the song, Big Bunch of Junkie Lies from Sinead's CD "She Who Dwells..."

Kevin
sfboy
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Return to Music. (Other than Patty!)