Teddy Thompson & Friends Holiday Benefit 12-19-2007

Yes, there's a whole world of music out there besides Patty.

Moderator: gillian

Teddy Thompson & Friends Holiday Benefit 12-19-2007

Postby keith from ny » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:43 pm

Wow! Certainly one of the best concerts I've seen this year, and all proceeds went to benefit the refugees in Darfour. The show opened with Teddy and Christina Courtin singing Baby It's Cold Outside and ended over 2 hours later with about 20 people on stage singing and dancing to Jingle Bell Rock, which featured Teddy on ukelele. In between we heard Sonya Kitchell sing Let It Snow and belt out an amazing cover of Ray Charles' The Snow Is Fallin', heard Neal Casals play a couple of his songs (one with Tift Merritt), listened to Tift perform two killer songs from her forthcoming album (one on guitar and the other on piano), saw Ben Lee perform several of his songs (one featuring Teddy, Linda, Kamila and Zach Thompson on harmony vocals), heard Kamila sing a couple of terrific selections from her upcoming CD with her hot pink guitar, saw Kamila & Teddy sing Last Christmas together, listened to Linda Thompson recite two lovely holiday poems, watched Jenni Muldaur bring down the house with a couple of unbridled rockers with all the Thompsons on harmony vocals, heard Suzanne Vega do Frank & Ava and Winter Wonderland, watched Rufus Wainwright sing Spotlight On Christmas, preen his way through a melodramatic rendition of the original French version of O Holy Night :roll: and then redeem himself by turning in a fantastic duet with Teddy on Roger Miller's King Of the Road. Teddy closed the show with Walking the Floor Over You, Boycotting Christmas and I Wish It Was Over, (Kamila and Jenni on background vocals) and everyone joined in for Jingle Bell Rock. The band for the entire event was a fantastic group of NY pros (Brad Albetta, Dan Reiser, David Mansfield, Jack Petruzelli and Jason Crigler) plus some great horn players that joined in for Jenni Muldaur. Unfortunately Martha Wainwright was unable to appear due to a family emergency, my only regret is they didn't send Rufus instead.

Many thanks to Arlene for snagging me a ticket and for the company!
I don't know nothing except change will come
keith from ny
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby marybeth » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:33 am

Man that sounds awesome! I am soooo obsessed with Teddy right now. :)
http://www.marybethdamico.com

Some people don't care if they live or they die
Some people want to know what it feels like to fly

Americana: "a nebulous category of misfits and acquired tastes, many of whom seem to have worn cowboy hats at one time or another" LA Times article
marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Turk » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:18 pm

Wow, Kain. I bet that was an amazing experience.
Thanks for all those awesome details.
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby becmurr » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:08 pm

Does anyone know if this is available to download?
becmurr
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Return to Music. (Other than Patty!)