Grace Potter

Yes, there's a whole world of music out there besides Patty.

Moderator: gillian

Postby lily » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:01 pm

I love the open trading of their live stuff. It's SO nice!
lily
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Ian » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:28 pm

I thought you guys might like this?

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hkIdwhCcnjY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hkIdwhCcnjY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkIdwhCcnjY

It's a good little YouTube site is this one.
Ian
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby keith from ny » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:25 pm

Wow, thanks Ian -- that's the tastiest video I've seen since How to Make Vichysoisse on Kris's blog! Gosh that girl can sing (and squeal). I remember her talking about that Sun session when Arlene and I saw her in NYC last year.
I don't know nothing except change will come
keith from ny
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Ian » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:45 am

I uploaded this from a DVD I received recently.

Nobody seems to be bothered about trading here these days, so if any of the usual suspects would like a copy of this then they should contact me and we'll work something out.

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_VKv8JJdS6s&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_VKv8JJdS6s&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VKv8JJdS6s
Ian
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Jon » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:44 am

Amazing, never heard of her til now...thanks for all the links!
Jon
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby lily » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:47 pm

I know there's some people on this board that would love to see Miss Grace in her nightie…

Joking about the early morning set at the Four Seasons, Grace and co all rolled in in their jammies and robes. Awesome.
lily
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby bivester » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:13 am

lily wrote:I know there's some people on this board that would love to see Miss Grace in her nightie…

oh. my. lord.

(as i plug in the cpr paddles)
"well, i'll bet you can't pronounce 'b-a-n-g-o-r' correctly any better than i can say 'louisville'... " ~patty to me after the kentucky theatre show

"and i'm so twitterpated about bill, i just tuned the wrong guitar...i said twitterpated, that's what i said." ~karin bergquist @ cst | dayton (sat | 04.09.2005)

bivester:concert photographs
bivester
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby lily » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:20 pm

I've been standing by with a rescue team… save bill! Stat!
lily
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby TontoBronto » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:25 pm

lily wrote:I know there's some people on this board that would love to see Miss Grace in her nightie…
Some would like to see her OUT of that nightie. :wink:
Hubba Hubba.
TontoBronto
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby lily » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:28 am

lily
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

20th Century Theatre/Cincinnnati (06.19.2010)

Postby bivester » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:40 am

a few pics, i'll have more comments and pics later tonight or tomorrow morning. absolutely incredible show!

"well, i'll bet you can't pronounce 'b-a-n-g-o-r' correctly any better than i can say 'louisville'... " ~patty to me after the kentucky theatre show

"and i'm so twitterpated about bill, i just tuned the wrong guitar...i said twitterpated, that's what i said." ~karin bergquist @ cst | dayton (sat | 04.09.2005)

bivester
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby bivester » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:07 pm

i just put up some new pics @: [url="http://picasaweb.google.com/bivester/GracePotter20thCenturyCincinnati06172010#"]concert photography by bill ivester/grace potter[/url].

here are a couple of the news ones, there are quite a few more.

bivester
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Turk » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:35 am

Simply awesome photos as usual, Bill.

But someone this beautiful and plays so many instruments can't possibly be talented, right?

Guess I'll have to check out her music now.

edited to add: WOW!
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby RightOverThisMess » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:48 pm

I actually felt the need to drop by to say I'm pretty disappointed with the new album. I'm having a hard time articulating WHY I'm disappointed. I guess it's just too glittery for me. :(
Nobody helps a liar.
...and you don't know what I've done.
RightOverThisMess
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby bivester » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:43 am

RightOverThisMess wrote:I actually felt the need to drop by to say I'm pretty disappointed with the new album. I'm having a hard time articulating WHY I'm disappointed. I guess it's just too glittery for me. :(

give it a few listens with an open mind.

my first impression was much the same, i heard a pre-release stream and didn't care for much of it at all. it's definately has a more "pop" vibe than i'm used to w/grace, but the more i've listened, the more i like it. the songs translate very welll live too.

bivester
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

PreviousNext

Return to Music. (Other than Patty!)