Tracy Chapman

Yes, there's a whole world of music out there besides Patty.

Moderator: gillian

Tracy Chapman

Postby sfboy » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:32 am

I looked for a Tracy thread but didn't find one, so here it is. Are there any Tracy fans out there? I just got her new CD and am really liking it. I haven't liked her last 2 CDs at all, but I really like this one, especially the first half. I'm wondering what other people think. Opinions???

I hope that she'll tour the US next year.

Kevin
sfboy
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby mhwlng » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:47 am

I'm going to see her play tomorrow in Amsterdam (solo) :D ...

Joseph Arthur is opening...

the gig sold out pretty quickly....

Marcel
mhwlng
A Place to Stand
A Place to Stand

Postby sfboy » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:27 pm

Cool, Marcel! Enjoy the show and if you have time, I'd love to read any thoughts you have on her concert or new songs.

Kevin
sfboy
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby mhwlng » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:34 pm

Well, that didn't go quite as planned...

I was only able to see the first 40 minutes of her performance...

She started late and I had to leave early, to be able to still get home :cry: (the train schedule was a mess due to a freight train derailment in Amsterdam and the snow)

She said that she did this solo acoustic tour to celebrate that her first album was released 20 years ago...

So she did a lot of old songs and some songs off her new album...

She seemed in a good mood and talked a lot between songs...

The opening act was not to my taste...

I go to this venue in Amsterdam a lot and this was the first time that I ever saw a barrier in front of the stage, with security..

And they announced about 5 times that photographing/taping was absolutely forbidden...

Marcel
mhwlng
A Place to Stand
A Place to Stand

Postby sfboy » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:08 pm

Hey Marcel

Thanks for posting! I think it's funny that she said she was touring acoustically in Europe because of an anniversary. I'm sure it had more to do with the economy than anything else. Alison Moyet stopped her US tour midtour because it was too expensive, and the Counting Crows put back their winter European tour until the summer because they said the bouncing exchange rates made it too risky to tour. It's much cheaper for her to tour by herself rather than with a band, and she can play smaller venues which again is less risky. And her American tour next year will be with a band, so the anniversary thing doesn't make much sense.

Anyway, sorry for the tangent. Even though you didn't get to see the whole show, I hope you still enjoyed it!

Kevin
sfboy
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Return to Music. (Other than Patty!)