Madonna

Yes, there's a whole world of music out there besides Patty.

Moderator: gillian

Postby disco_fred » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:58 am

gillian wrote:Who else is seeing her this summer? I know Nic has tickets. Fred? Chris?

Her tickets sold out here in 10 minutes :cry: . I did not get one. I waited in line ... by the time it was my turn, all gone :oops: :cry: :evil: :x :shock: !!!

Hopefully she will add more shows. I needs me some Madge tickets!

By the way, the next single will be "Get Together" :D !!!
"Sometimes I think the world has gone completely mad. And then I think -- ah, who cares? And then I think -- hey, what's for supper?" -- Jack Handey.
disco_fred
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby disco_fred » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:24 pm

Apparently Madonna's newest tour is fantastic, according to a lot of the reviews I have read on madonna.com and in "Entertainment Weekly" :P . Go Madge!

However, I have read about the controversy with her appearing on a cross while singing "Live to Tell" as images of AIDS-strewn countries appears in the background. At least she's still got the controversy in her, right?

Anybody going to the tour? I think I have tickets :D -- I am so excited! A friend keeps referring to a "surprise" they have for me, and that would be my first guess!

The set-list can be found on the internet -- I didn't post in case people want to be surprised.

Supposedly Madonna is making a new remix album as well :lol: -- that should be incredible!
"Sometimes I think the world has gone completely mad. And then I think -- ah, who cares? And then I think -- hey, what's for supper?" -- Jack Handey.
disco_fred
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Gretzky » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:46 pm

tempted to go.

i have a ticketmaster in my store, and every day i check for seats...i've passed up a single fourth row just because of the price.

i also have a request in for tickets, but that's a loooooonnnnggggg shot.

so we'll see.
step up and bless the mic
Gretzky
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby gillian » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:42 pm

June 18th baby! :D
gillian
Founder
Founder

Postby Redlucifer » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:00 am

I've been instructed by acquaintances to boycott Madonna because she won't be touring Australia (because of some lame reason like 'it's not possible to bring her tour downunder'). I suppose the real reason is that we don't have venues big enough to generate the $$$ she's after.

Oh well ... snubbed again. Thankfully Kylie is touring later thsi year.
Redlucifer
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby disco_fred » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:33 pm

Redlucifer wrote:I've been instructed by acquaintances to boycott Madonna because she won't be touring Australia (because of some lame reason like 'it's not possible to bring her tour downunder'). I suppose the real reason is that we don't have venues big enough to generate the $$$ she's after.

Oh well ... snubbed again. Thankfully Kylie is touring later thsi year.

I am soooooo jealous you'll be seeing Kylie :oops: :P :shock: :x :D !!! I wish she'd tour the U.S. too. Ahh, wishes.

Sorry you don't get Madonna's tour, but remember -- she is always worth loving!

I got the new maxi-single "Get Together" -- good stuff!
disco_fred
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby disco_fred » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:29 pm

June 20th -- Tuesday --

Madonna's DVD release of "I'm Going to Tell You a Secret", which includes a live CD from the fabulous, astonishing "Re-Invention" tour.

Get your copy!
disco_fred
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Gretzky » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:02 pm

dear someone,

hi.

at your convenience, could you please share a dandy site to find the setlists for this current tour? does it even change? i've searched a little myself, to no avail.

also, for anyone who has seen this show, would seats directly off to the side of the stage afford a decent view of the performance?

thanks so much!

green
Gretzky
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby gillian » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:07 am

Here is the setlist, taken from the official program. I feel like in Chicago, that the order of La Isla Bonita and Erotica was flipped, but I can't remember for sure. I haven't been reading any of the spoilers and message boards for this tour, so I'm not sure if she's thrown in any alternate songs in the setlist. If she did, the only ones I can imagine her replacing are either Drowned World or Paradise (Not For Me).

Future Lovers
I Feel Love
Get Together
Like a Virgin
Jump
Live To Tell
Forbidden Love
Isaac
Sorry
Like It Or Not
I Love New York
Ray of Light
Let It Will Be
Drowned World
Paradise (Not For Me)
Music Inferno
La Isla Bonita
Erotica
Lucky Star
Hung Up

Are your tickets off the side of the main part of the stage? The stage is very large, with wing sections on either side, as well as an extended catwalk that goes out into the middle. Our seats were directly off to the side of the end of the catwalk, and I felt they were very good. I think the side of the stage will be good as well. There are no set pieces that will block your view, and she moves around a lot so you're bound to see her up close a number of times throughout the show (as well as some of the dancers). If you are close to the wing section, you will get a very close-up look when she uses that. I feel like the left side of the stage (from the audience's perspective) got used a bit more than the right. There is one entire song that is performed there.
gillian
Founder
Founder

Postby Gretzky » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:00 pm

thanks gillian, this is exactly what i was looking for.

:D
Gretzky
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby disco_fred » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:27 pm

Did anyone else get the fabulous live CD/DVD "I'm Going to Tell You a Secret"?

I heart Madonna. :P :D 8) :lol: :) :shock: :wink: :D !!!
disco_fred
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Turk » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:19 pm

Madonna Concert to Air on NBC in November

PASADENA, Calif. - Madonna is bringing her "Confessions" tour to network television. A two-hour special will be taped this summer at Wembley Stadium in London and shown in November on NBC.

"Madonna is one of the greatest artists of our time and never fails to generate excitement," NBC Entertainment President Kevin Reilly said Friday. "We think this is going to be a big event for television."

The network is billing Madonna's special as the first-ever broadcast network performance by the Grammy-winning singer.

The special will feature songs from Madonna's latest album, "Confessions on a Dance Floor," along with some of her greatest hits.

Her tour, which opened May 21 in the Los Angeles area, is scheduled through early September, with stops including Chicago, Montreal, New York, Boston, Rome and Paris.

___
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby disco_fred » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:51 am

I'm thrilled that Madonna's concert is going to be broadcast, but definitely feel that NBC is the wrong choice of networks. This means her performance will be edited and censored. I'm surprised she agreed to it. Why didn't HBO jump on this one? Hmm.

Already awaiting the next album ... :D
disco_fred
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby TontoBronto » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:00 pm

I seem to remember some PattyNetter who worships Madonna and who MIGHT possibly be interested in this bootleg DVD----
TontoBronto
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby disco_fred » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:34 pm

(Bruce, thanks for the aforementioned DVD. You are my hero! :D )

Anybody else watching the Madonna concert on NBC? I'm TiVo-ing it even though I know stupid NBC is chopping it up and censoring it. It's still my lady love Madonna 8) !!!
disco_fred
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

PreviousNext

Return to Music. (Other than Patty!)