Jill Hennessy

Yes, there's a whole world of music out there besides Patty.

Moderator: gillian

Jill Hennessy

Postby Russell » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:35 pm

The name Jill Hennessy didn't ring a bell when I saw it on the new release list this past Tuesday, but I was very impressed after listening what apparently is her debut album. Quick research reminded me that she played Claire on a couple or so years of "Law & Order", which is about the only TV show I ever watch. Apparently she has also been (and may still be, for all I know) on a show called "Crossing Jordan" I suppose I might have been more cynical had I realized all that in advance of listening to the album, so I gave it another listen and -- I'm even more impressed.

See what you think:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.lala.com/external/flash/PlaylistWidget.swf" id="lalaAlbumEmbed" width="300" height="254"><param name="movie" value="http://www.lala.com/external/flash/PlaylistWidget.swf"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="flashvars" value="albumId=360569445245387895&host=www.lala.com&partnerId=memberalbum"><embed id="lalaAlbumEmbed" name="lalaAlbumEmbed" src="http://www.lala.com/external/flash/PlaylistWidget.swf" width="300" height="254" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" wmode="transparent" allowNetworking="all" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="albumId=360569445245387895&host=www.lala.com&partnerId=memberalbum"></embed></object>
Russell
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby elcorazon » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:00 pm

Crossing Jordan has had some cool music. I actually own a "soundtack" cd from that show that has a couple of Jill Hennessy tracks. they aren't bad.

1. I Wanna Be Your Man - Sam Phillips Listen
2. Days - Marc Anthony Thompson Listen
3. Can't Find My Way Home - Alison Krauss Listen
4. Wind Cries Mary - Cassandra Wilson Listen
5. Season of the Witch - Richard Thompson, Richard Thompson Listen
6. Hang Down Your Head - Lucinda Williams Listen
7. You're Gonna Need Somebody on Your Bond - The Holmes Brothers Listen
8. Buckets of Rain - Vic Chesnutt Listen
9. You're Innocent When You Dream Jill Hennessey
10. Pale Blue Eyes Joe Henry
11. Trouble - The Holmes Brothers Listen
12. It's All over Now, Baby Blue Jill Hennessey
13. Crossing Jordan Themes - Lisa Coleman, Wendy Melvoin Listen
14. Black Coffee - Rosemary Clooney Listen
If I died, he'd hear about it, eventually.
elcorazon
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Arlene » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:18 am

elcorazon wrote:Crossing Jordan has had some cool music. I actually own a "soundtack" cd from that show that has a couple of Jill Hennessy tracks. they aren't bad.

1. I Wanna Be Your Man - Sam Phillips Listen
2. Days - Marc Anthony Thompson Listen
3. Can't Find My Way Home - Alison Krauss Listen
4. Wind Cries Mary - Cassandra Wilson Listen
5. Season of the Witch - Richard Thompson, Richard Thompson Listen
6. Hang Down Your Head - Lucinda Williams Listen
7. You're Gonna Need Somebody on Your Bond - The Holmes Brothers Listen
8. Buckets of Rain - Vic Chesnutt Listen
9. You're Innocent When You Dream Jill Hennessey
10. Pale Blue Eyes Joe Henry
11. Trouble - The Holmes Brothers Listen
12. It's All over Now, Baby Blue Jill Hennessey
13. Crossing Jordan Themes - Lisa Coleman, Wendy Melvoin Listen
14. Black Coffee - Rosemary Clooney Listen

The original track listing included a duet on Shelter From The Storm by Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell that was specifically recorded for this album but it was left off the final Crossing Jordan soundtrack so that a SECOND cover by Jill Hennessey could be included. The Emmylou/Rodney duet finally appeared about five years later on Rodney Crowell's record, The Outsider but I've always held a grudge against Hennessey (even though it may not be her fault) that someone bumped Emmy and Rodney so her second song could be included.

Also, FYI-- Jill Hennessey has an identical twin sister who's a journalist but the two have done occasional acting performances together.
"You've got to sing like you don't need the money, love like you'll never get hurt. You've got to dance like no one is watching. It's gotta come from the heart, if you want it to work."
~Susannah Clark

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." ~Molly Ivins

"If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner."
~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Return to Music. (Other than Patty!)