Erin McKeown

Yes, there's a whole world of music out there besides Patty.

Moderator: gillian

Erin McKeown

Postby PCStuff » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:00 pm

I was surprised that a search didn't come up with a topic about this sweetheart. I very much love all of her albums, and her mailing list just sent me a very clever idea, namely selling tickets to listen to her series of home acoustic "Cabin Fever" web broadcasts. Also a promotion mention of her new "Hundreds of Lions" album coming in late July.

I wonder what the quality of this will be, but I just love the idea to be inside someone's home watching like this. Reminds me of the lovely Lori McKenna's "Kitchen Tapes."
PCStuff
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby PCStuff » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:24 pm

What a wonderful web cam performance this was. Sound quality was surprisingly good. Erin had Kris Delmhorst, Jonah Smith, and another artist singing with her. Took place with a couple rumbles of thunder and lightning in the background window which gave it a very cool authentic and personal flavor.

One of the up coming of the four performances, she is going to perform while sitting on a rock in the middle of a stream that goes nearby her house.

What a simple joy!
PCStuff
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby PCStuff » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:25 am

Ahhh the second of four webcast concerts was even better than the first. This one was done from Erin's porch, doing audience requests, and accompanied by Garrison Starr. So intimate and wonderful.

The next concert is from a large rock in the stream that runs alongside her house on July 22, then final one is with full band performing her new album "Hundreds of Lions" from her yard on July 26
PCStuff
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby PCStuff » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:56 am

Hysterical. The 3rd "Cabin Fever" concert was from middle of what normally was a shallow stream, but with the major rains, this was a raging river, but they did it anyway using a rope line to hold onto while various musicians joined in. Susan Werner was among her guests. Great entertainment, and being able to watch videos afterwards too.
PCStuff
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Return to Music. (Other than Patty!)