The Beatles

Yes, there's a whole world of music out there besides Patty.

Moderator: gillian

The Beatles

Postby elcorazon » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:22 pm

There's this new group out that put out a bunch of stuff today apparently. Has anybody heard of them? They are supposed to be quite good.
If I died, he'd hear about it, eventually.
elcorazon
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby keith from ny » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:06 pm

Yeah Yeah Yeah, got the stereo box set yesterday. I'd forgotten how cheesy the stereo mix was on those early releases! It's pleasantly nostalgic for me over speakers since that's how I usually listened to the Beatles as a teenager on our new-fangled RCA stereo, but I'm actually narrowing the stereo field for the first few albums to create my own remix for listening with headphones, since the exaggerated separation is pretty distracting in binaural mode. If you're mainly interested in the earlier albums and plan to listen mostly through headphones or earbuds, you might want to consider the mono set.

The remastering is wonderful, however. The only Beatles CD I owned before this was the 1987 release of Please Please Me, and the sound is much clearer on the new reissue. The packaging and documentation is delightful as well.
I don't know nothing except change will come
keith from ny
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Hugues » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:45 pm

Got my Abbey Road remaster yesterday. Still expecting the mono boxset in the mail (pre-ordered two months ago from amazon).
Hugues
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Return to Music. (Other than Patty!)