Looking forward to 2011 :)

Yes, there's a whole world of music out there besides Patty.

Moderator: gillian

Looking forward to 2011 :)

Postby sfboy » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:07 pm

In the first few months of 2011, there will be new CDs by Amos Lee, Lucinda Williams, Teddy Thompson, and ....Stevie Nicks. Lots to look forward to. Now if Patty decided to jump on the bandwagon, it would really be a great year :) (Actually, I think that Stevie's disc is going to....uh...suck, but maybe she'll prove me wrong). Oh yes, and we can also expect a new 2011 offering by MB, can we not? :) It looks like the year will get off to a great musical start!

Kevin
Last edited by sfboy on Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
sfboy
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby marybeth » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:26 pm

Affirmative on the 2011 release from my side! :)
http://www.marybethdamico.com

Some people don't care if they live or they die
Some people want to know what it feels like to fly

Americana: "a nebulous category of misfits and acquired tastes, many of whom seem to have worn cowboy hats at one time or another" LA Times article
marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Re: Looking forward to 2011 :)

Postby Turk » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:04 am

sfboy wrote:In the first few months of 2011, there will be new CDs by Amos Lee, Lucinda Williams, Teddy Thompson, and ....Stevie Nicks. Lots to look forward to. Now if Patty decided to jump on the bandwagon, it would really be a great year :)

I am excited about all that you listed and I'm adding Emmylou (with 11 originals!), Over the Rhine and Gillian Welch to the bunch. Also, Arlene reminded me about the studio release of 3 Girls and Buddy that should be out next year!

I am so ready for Teddy. His last record wasn't my favorite so I'm expecting a nice one this time around. Same with Lucinda. There is a free mp3 download from Amos' website of one of his new songs called "El Camino." It's very good.
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Browncoat » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:20 pm

Is there any confirmation on the Gillian front? It's been so long!
Subtly eccentric...
Browncoat
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Return to Music. (Other than Patty!)