How to load ipod with religious songs?

Yes, there's a whole world of music out there besides Patty.

Moderator: gillian

How to load ipod with religious songs?

Postby TontoBronto » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:35 am

I'm hoping to give an old iPod to someone stuck in a nursing home. She's just 58 years old but confined to a wheelchair, morbidly obese and has no realistic chance of getting out of this facility AFAIK.
I thought that having an iPod might be a beneficial way of spending some of her time, but she says she prefers "religious" music and that's not a strength of my CD collection.
I've got stuff like "Downtown Church", Buddy Miller, Iris Dement et al, but I doubt I've got enough material to fill an ipod.

Is there some recommended site where I can find some tunes that might be appropriate?
And if I find a site, how to tell which songs/ groups are the right ones??

Thanks in advance.
TontoBronto
Top of the World
Top of the World

Re: How to load ipod with religious songs?

Postby Arlene » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:16 pm

I think of them more as "spiritual" than "religious" songs but I have about seven CDs worth of playlists of what I call "Folk Gospel." They're probably similar to what you have from Patty and Buddy and Iris-- mine include artists such as Odetta, Sweet Honey in the Rock, Kane Welch and Kaplan, Tim O'Brien, Darrell Scott, Slaid Cleaves, Eliza Gilkyson, Mary Gauthier, Steve Earle, Emmylou Harris, Gillian Welch, Joan Baez, AKUS, Abigail Washburn, Carolina Chocolate Drops, Diana Jones, OCMS, etc., etc., etc.

Do you want me to burn you a set? (It will take me a while to type up the track lists.... Will it bother your friend to know that most of the artists are probably agnostics? )(Smile)
"You've got to sing like you don't need the money, love like you'll never get hurt. You've got to dance like no one is watching. It's gotta come from the heart, if you want it to work."
~Susannah Clark

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." ~Molly Ivins

"If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner."
~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Return to Music. (Other than Patty!)