Jann Arden--personal life

Yes, there's a whole world of music out there besides Patty.

Moderator: gillian

Jann Arden--personal life

Postby TontoBronto » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:27 am

I know Turk was a big Jann Arden fan musically,but don't know if he follows her on facebook where she has detailed her non-musical life in fairly intimate detail.
Her father died this past year and now she struggles with the slow decline of her mother. I thought he'd appreciate a recent post--
Jann Arden
January 20 at 4:44pm ·

"I spend a lot of time being filled with angst these days, it's hard to fit anything else in. Much of my time I feel resentful about things I can't do anything about-and that makes me feel frustrated and sad. I miss my mom. My old mom, the one that could do anything and solve all my problems. I know I am being selfish.

I am losing her one inch at a time and I can't decide what's harder, having a parent die suddenly, or having a parent die a month at a time. (And yes, I know we're all doing that) But you know what I mean....

Mom is a different version of herself every few days. The changes are getting more and more drastic. I can hardly remember what she used to be like. I try to- but I can't find the memories of her well and organized and cooking up a storm and reading mystery books and working in the yard and being present.

She gets mad at me a lot, I'm sure I seem different to her. I am sure she sees my agitation and my lack of patience. How could she not? It's all I can do to stuff it back into my chest every waking hour of the day. I stand looking out the window above the kitchen sink in quiet prayer, asking God or the Universe or the Goddess or the angels for help. It takes me awhile, but I usually find my feet again and my breath and my sense of reason.

I apologize a lot.
Mom asks me why I'm sorry.
I say because I am being mean spirited.
She said this morning that it's gotta be hard being a parent. She told me to hang in there. She told me that the hard parts never last.
I have to remind myself to hang onto what is -and not what was."
TontoBronto
Top of the World
Top of the World

Re: Jann Arden--personal life

Postby saturdayboy » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:51 am

thanks for posting
"i never understood my failings then,
and i hide my humble hopes now"
saturdayboy
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Turk » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:10 am

Thanks, Bruce. I'm not too frequent on FB nor Jann's page, but I will look it up now. I didn't know she was having to deal with loss and losing of her parents. It's really tough, as we well know.
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby TontoBronto » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:32 am

Turk, yes I doubted you would see this on fb.
Sometimes we think of artists as living in a different sphere, but then we realize they're mere mortals like us.
TontoBronto
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Turk » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:47 am

I read for awhile on her page last night & listened to her first two albums. Heart-wrenching to say the least. It looks like she's performing quite a bit. I can only imagine how hard that is, but it has to offer some kind of outlet as well.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I told my brother - who introduced Jann to me years ago. He had posted some stuff on her page a couple of years ago but hasn't revisited lately.
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby TontoBronto » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:38 pm

A reminder-----Patty once was a special guest of Jann years ago---

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4 ... SY355_.jpg
TontoBronto
Top of the World
Top of the World

Return to Music. (Other than Patty!)