Lori McKenna

Yes, there's a whole world of music out there besides Patty.

Moderator: gillian

Postby keith from ny » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:34 pm

keith from ny wrote:A really wonderful show from Lori last night at the spectacular Allen Room in NYC. She was her usual adorable self, and the band was amazing. Many thanks to Arlene for the front row seats! :D

Cuz I love y'all, you can download mp3s of the show for a limited time from here.

I feel compelled to mention to you Lori fans that 1) this recording sounds way better than Neko's show at Tarrytown Music Hall and 2) it includes a killer performance of her unrecorded song Make Every Word Hurt, not to mention 3) a really cool rendition of Dream a Little Dream of Me I think she's never played before.
I don't know nothing except change will come
keith from ny
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby becmurr » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:26 pm

keith from ny wrote:A really wonderful show from Lori last night at the spectacular Allen Room in NYC. She was her usual adorable self, and the band was amazing. Many thanks to Arlene for the front row seats! :D

Cuz I love y'all, you can download mp3s of the show for a limited time from here.

Very nice-listening right now & it sounds wonderful!!!! Thank you!!!
becmurr
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby becmurr » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:21 pm

keith from ny wrote:

I feel compelled to mention to you Lori fans that 1) this recording sounds way better than Neko's show at Tarrytown Music Hall and 2) it includes a killer performance of her unrecorded song Make Every Word Hurt, not to mention 3) a really cool rendition of Dream a Little Dream of Me I think she's never played before.

Can you please tell me what the last song is...I am putting all the names on my playlist & I don't know the name of it.....
becmurr
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Rongrittz » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:43 pm

The last song is a cover of "It Makes No Difference" by The Band (written by Robbie Robertson).
Rongrittz
A Place to Stand
A Place to Stand

Postby keith from ny » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:01 am

A .jpg reproduction of the set list with songwriting credits provided at the show (with the two encore songs added by me) is included in the zip file with the mp3s.
keith from ny
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby becmurr » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:01 am

Rongrittz wrote:The last song is a cover of "It Makes No Difference" by The Band (written by Robbie Robertson).

I knew I knew it!!!!
becmurr
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby becmurr » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:02 am

keith from ny wrote:A .jpg reproduction of the set list with songwriting credits provided at the show (with the two encore songs added by me) is included in the zip file with the mp3s.

Yes-sorry-I saw that after the fact :oops:
becmurr
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby keith from ny » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:54 pm

becmurr wrote:
keith from ny wrote:A .jpg reproduction of the set list with songwriting credits provided at the show (with the two encore songs added by me) is included in the zip file with the mp3s.

OK Becky, we'll let it go this time. ;)
keith from ny
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby becmurr » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:58 pm

keith from ny wrote:
becmurr wrote:

OK Becky, we'll let it go this time. ;)

Ok thanks :lol: :wink:
becmurr
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby becmurr » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:15 pm

Getting to see Lori in April!!!!!
becmurr
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby becmurr » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:17 am

Finally going to see Lori on Friday-she will be performing with Mary Gauthier(I know the name & have heard a song or 2 on XM)-I had tickets to see Lori back in April but the benefit was cancelled.......
becmurr
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Rongrittz » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:03 pm

Can anyone access lorimckenna.com? It seems to have been down for a while now, and I'm wondering if that's a sign that the well-sourced rumor I heard that she was dropped by Warner Nashville may be true.
Rongrittz
A Place to Stand
A Place to Stand

Postby Browncoat » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:55 am

I can't get to it, either. She's also not listed anywhere on the WBN site, that I could see. Definitely not in the Artists section.

I'm not entirely sure what WBN was expecting from her... Lori's music doesn't exactly sell itself, quite frankly, and the only promotion that was given to her at all was an opening spot on a few tours. And even that was probably done because she was comparatively less expensive.

Though I highly doubt she'd go to another major label, I can't imagine she'll stay contract-less for very long. Signature even still lists her as one of their artists. Granted, they also list Richard Shindell, but...
Subtly eccentric...
Browncoat
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby marybeth » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:50 am

I always hated that site that she had under her label. It wouldn't suprise me too much if they dropped her, because I think you're right about that, I don't see how she can fulfill what they want. I'm not sure the whole Faith Hill thing took her in the right direction. I sure hope if its true she can find the audience she deserves.
http://www.marybethdamico.com

Some people don't care if they live or they die
Some people want to know what it feels like to fly

Americana: "a nebulous category of misfits and acquired tastes, many of whom seem to have worn cowboy hats at one time or another" LA Times article
marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Browncoat » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:29 am

This article confirms that Lori is no longer with WBN:

http://www.cmt.com/news/country-music/1606224/country-rosters-remain-stable-despite-sales-downturn.jhtml

"Also gone from their previous perches are Marcel and Phil Stacey (Lyric Street), Blaine Larsen (BNA), Halfway to Hazard (Mercury), Mary Gauthier (Lost Highway), Jennifer Hanson and Shooter Jennings (Universal Records South) and Lori McKenna and Cowboy Troy (Warner Bros. Nashville)."

I seem to recall her mentioning online that she had been working on a new record. Hope something comes of that. There's been about three years in between all of her other studio albums, though, so I guess we shouldn't be looking for anything too soon.
Subtly eccentric...
Browncoat
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Previous

Return to Music. (Other than Patty!)