Matt Morrow - new music

Yes, there's a whole world of music out there besides Patty.

Moderator: gillian

Postby gillian » Fri May 20, 2005 11:22 am

StevieFan wrote:Awesome songs! I especially like "Don't Make A Sound"!

waffles wrote:I know, I love "Don't Make a Sound" too. It gets stuck in my head.

That's track #1... and it only gets better from there! :D
gillian
Founder
Founder

Postby scottz » Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:58 pm

Hey Matt,
I think you should put up one of your newly finished tracks, at myspace.com . My vote would be ETM! :wink:

An MM conversation...
"I love that song, zimmo!" "I know you do, scottz!" "Why isn't that one on pattynet radio, zimmo?"..."What?" ...z... "Pattynet has a radio station?"
.sz....."Well, they should have one!, Ya know?" ...Hell yeah, they should!... "But dude, the song's not even out yet!" ....Yeah, but just wait a second or two..."
I really really like this radio
station... They play Matt's stuff all the time!"

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Waiting for Lightning...
scottz
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby gillian » Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:03 am

This was going to wait until I arrived in Boston tonight and had time to update Matt's website, but as long as Scott has bumped this thread......

MATT'S NEW CD IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE!!!!!

The CD is entitled The Places You Don't Know Are There and is available for purchase directly from CafePress at:
http://www.cafepress.com/mattmorrow

For those who prefer to buy from CD Baby, the album will be added there, but it may not be for a couple of weeks (until after the Boston show). I encourage everyone to consider purchasing from the CafePress store... more information about this is available on the store's front page. At any rate, check it out now to see the album cover, tracklisting, and listen to samples.

Congratulations, Matty, on this great achievement!! :D
gillian
Founder
Founder

Postby scottz » Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:02 pm

WHOO-HOOO!

Hey now, that's some fine news, Gillian!

I think this calls for a CD RELEASE CELEBRATION!
Way cool, Matt!!! 8) 8) 8)
Waiting for Lightning...
scottz
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Kris » Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:18 pm

I just bought my copy, I love me some Matty! :D
It's the same old thirst for more
Until they put you in the dirt

You saw me through a keyhole
Of a door that I kept locked
But I decorate the threshold
Just in case you knocked
Kris
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby MWM » Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:31 pm

Aw, thank you guys so much for all the encouragement and kind words. The CD was more of an undertaking than I expected, but I'm really happy with it. The first album was more or less just me getting all the songs I'd written so far on record, and frankly, looking back on them now, they weren't nearly as good as the stuff I'm writing these days so I hope that if people do buy the album they feel the same way. I'm really proud of these songs.

I have to say though, I couldn't have done it without Scott who mixed and mastered the album so well, especially since he only had like two weeks to do it (not to mention pretty inexpertly recorded tracks), and also to Gillian who did practically everything else besides making the music itself. I feel like all my PattyFriends have really made me feel a lot more confident about the music and what I can do with it, and I hope that if any of you do wind up getting a copy of this album, you realize that you probably had a part, somewhere along the line, in it finally getting made. This is the album I have been wanting to make for some time now and I'm so excited to have finally made it happen.

Soooooooo many thanks to every one of you guys!

~Matt
The meteorite is the source of the light
And the meteor's just what we see
And the meteoroid is a stone that's devoid
Of the fire that propelled it to thee
And the meteorite's just what causes the light
And the meteor's how it's perceived
And the meteoroid's a bone thrown from the void
That lies quiet in offering to thee
MWM
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby scottz » Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:44 pm

Matt...

YOU are turning encouragement into brilliance! Such a talent, man!
You know how I feel about working on your stuff. :wink:
You're so right about Gillian! :D Spot on! 8)
Waiting for Lightning...
scottz
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby 62rvs » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:49 am

Congrats on your accomplishment Matt!!!!
I'm very happy for you.
The snippets that I have heard at CafePress are stellar!
...or "Brill" as our LadyDay would say!

And when Gillian told me that Scotty-Z mixed it, I was like...
"Zimmo!?...NO WAY! How cool is THAT!!"

So congrats to you too Scott!

You know, Gillian and I made the comment to each other last Saturday night that this is your second CD release...you're still only 20.
The talent, musical ability, maturity and emotion that you give people
is astounding...and at 20...you've only just begun. ( cue the Carpenters!! )

That is an amazing Gift Matt.
...an AMAZING GIFT.

Be proud of yourself...
You deserve it.

I will be purchasing from CafrePress....definitely.

~SMit
"duck...duck...duck...duck...duck...duck...GOOSE!"
62rvs
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby marybeth » Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:30 pm

This is way cool Matt! I already said, after hearing clips of Corona and one other new song, that your songwriting had matured considerably over the earlier release....and I'll be anticipating the CD's arrival! That is also good to know you get more of the cash than from CD Baby. :lol:

Oh and that it's a Patty family affair with Scottz producing makes it even cooler.
http://www.marybethdamico.com

Some people don't care if they live or they die
Some people want to know what it feels like to fly

Americana: "a nebulous category of misfits and acquired tastes, many of whom seem to have worn cowboy hats at one time or another" LA Times article
marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby marybeth » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:52 pm

hey ya'll, don't forget to think of Matt Wednesday night at Johnny D's in Boston!

Good luck Matt!

Americana: "a nebulous category of misfits and acquired tastes, many of whom seem to have worn cowboy hats at one time or another" LA Times article
marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby scottz » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:35 pm

Yea Matt! I hope y'all are enjoying this evening with a capital EEEEE!
Whoo-hoo to New England, Boston, Cambridge, Antje fans...and the new Matt Morrow fans!
In the words of that school of rock song...

" Todays ass-signment: KICK SOME ASS! "
Waiting for Lightning...
scottz
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Kris » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:21 am

Okay, CafePress does not have the fastest shipping on earth, but I finally got Matt's CD yesterday. I'm only on my second listen, but I'm SO loving it!

I may be biased because I've been listening to the MP3 on my computer for months now, but my favorite song right now is "Don't Make a Sound". I love the harmony during the chorus. I think it's a perfect pick for the first track.

I also love the different instrumentation on the songs. Musically and lyrically this is a different album than his debut. I was really impressed with the first CD, but this one really has a different level of musicianship and maturity and, as SMit already said, you're only 20 Matt! My God, I'm only 3 years older than you but I'm like a decade behind you in music years.

I love it, Matt. The cover art and layout is very cool and the music is, surprise, surprise, wonderful. I hope that you had a great time on Wednesday and sold lots o' CD's.
It's the same old thirst for more
Until they put you in the dirt

You saw me through a keyhole
Of a door that I kept locked
But I decorate the threshold
Just in case you knocked
Kris
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby scottz » Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:18 pm

There's a cool 1st review of Matt's new CD! Thanks, Waffles!

I'm hoping to help create a little more buzz for this music by Matt Morrow.

There are some pretty intense feelings put into this album! One night Matt and I were talking about all kinds of music, and we stumbled onto the country genre. Old Time country. We both agreed that those earlier singers had such a quality to their voice, that the sadness or whatever other emotion, was right there in front in the mix. I think Matt has just this kind of quality in his voice.

Matt referred to many of his songs to me, when we were working on what they should sound like, in words like... "A vein laid open"....."I like the ghosts of the sounds you can still hear"....I want this song to sound a little creepy"...." I liked it because it was a little unsettling"..."The sweetness of the melody clashes with the disturbed lyrics".

Someone might think these may seem a little vague, but really these were things he offered in addition to what the songs were written about. This was emotion. And while mixing and making my judgements about effects and eq and what to touch and not to touch, It felt really clear to me what we were trying to achieve. You will notice that Not One of these songs are masked up with big audio events. There are some scratches and dents in this work, just like a lovable old automobile you wouldn't dare part with.
Matt's vocal character is laid out for your perusal, as are his outstanding instrumentals.

With the short time we had to work together, and with Gillian's expertise in computers and communication, getting everything explained and ironed out between mini crisis', we wound up with something I know we're all really proud of. I'm going to give Matt huge props too, for working through being really sick, and getting his recording done, and the tracks out to me in time to put the CD together by our self imposed deadline! You are the Man, Matty!

Ask us about the last song we did, and how the .wav file crashed my recording system, the night before we needed to finish this project! Talk about some nervous headaches, Phone calls__ pm's__and emails, a few laughs, and an emergency survival pizza for the final mastering night! hahahahahahhhhaaaa! I don't know for sure what Matty and Gillian did, but I had a couple or three drinks to celebrate!

Hey I just want to say....buy Matt's "The Places You Don't Know Are There" just as soon as you can afford it. You won't be disappointed! And you will be supporting a great (starving) musician. Matt, how'd you like the way I stuck the poor starving artist bit in there? I'm sure Matt would love to hear from all of you, about his work!
~Z :)
Waiting for Lightning...
scottz
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby marybeth » Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:35 am

*still waiting for Cafepress.com to deliver CD*

marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby gillian » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:31 am

scottz wrote:I'm hoping to help create a little more buzz for this music by Matt Morrow.

Aww, thank you Scott!! (in so many ways) :)
gillian
Founder
Founder

PreviousNext

Return to Music. (Other than Patty!)