Trouble with avatar size

News, updates, and information about PattyNet and the PattyForum

Moderator: gillian

Trouble with avatar size

Postby TontoBronto » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:08 am

I often try to change avatars and the size comes out wrong.
Partially, it's my fault since I link to images on my photobucker account that are too BIG (like 200 X 300), so only HALF of the image shows up.

My problem arises when I resize the image on photobucker, but the avatar on PNet stays the same. I resize the image again, but the avatar stays just as big.
By now the image is WELL below the 80 X 80 pixel limit, but it still appears too big (and cropped).
Anyone else have this problem??

BTW, here's the jpg I'm trying to use---
Photobucker says it's just 58 X 78 pixels, but it sure appears much larger than that.
Another photobucker image that is roughly the same pixel measurements as Patty above---
but Sergeant Schulz appear small compared to the 50 foot Patty.
TontoBronto
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby TontoBronto » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:37 pm

Okay, now it looks like I'm loony, but the PattyPic REALLY WAS big and my avatar was split up the middle.
I think Gillian is trying to gaslight me................

BTW, the avatar thing DOES often sort itself out, but I've never understood if it was photobucker pulling the strings or the wizardess of bOZtoneapolis.
TontoBronto
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby keith from ny » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:22 pm

Most likely your browser was showing a cached version of the old .jpg in PattyNet for a while after you changed the linked image, and then at some point updated to what's actually in photobucket now.

I thought this post was going to be a joke about Elise's backside. Image
I don't know nothing except change will come
keith from ny
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby gillian » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:35 pm

Keith's right.... if you're updating your avatar and keeping the file name/location the same, try holding the shift key while clicking the refresh button on your browser. This will usuall do a sort of "hard refresh", reloading everything on the page rather than taking it from cache. Or you can always do the old standby of deleting your browser's cache.
gillian
Founder
Founder

Return to PattyNet Announcements and News