Silver Bell / LFML rotating list?

News, updates, and information about PattyNet and the PattyForum

Moderator: gillian

Silver Bell / LFML rotating list?

Postby gillian » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:29 pm

Hey all you old-timers (and new-timers who have Silver Bell and the Love From My Lips series)--

I was wondering if it might be a good idea to have a more structured system to getting Silver Bell (and LFML) out to new members who don't have them. It seems like the requests often go unanswered, or else the same people respond and the sharing is not really distributed well.

I was thinking we could develop a list of people who are willing to burn and send a copy of SB and/or the LFML series, and then when there's a new request the person at the top of the list could send it to them... then that person would move to the bottom of the list and #2 would be up next.

If we did this, we would each probably have to send out a copy very infrequently, and new members would receive responses (and the coveted music) much more quickly.

So, let me know what you think, and if you'd be willing to be on the list. I can randomize the initial list as a starting point, and then make a thread in the trading forum for managing the list.
gillian
Founder
Founder

Postby ScottG » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:30 pm

I'm up for that.

But, I only have the double secret banned versions of LFML 1 and 2.
"Indifferent, but distanced perfectly
Projected endlessly, it’s so FUCKING beautiful!!!"
ScottG
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Kelsea » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:36 pm

I think that's a great idea, it would help with the lull that the trading section seems to go through. I'd be up for it.
Kelsea
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby gillian » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:04 pm

ScottG wrote:I'm up for that.

But, I only have the double secret banned versions of LFML 1 and 2.

I think we should have separate lists for SB and for LFML. Maybe you can be the first to request a new version of LFML? ;)

So, if you want to volunteer please specify which list (or both) that you are willing to be on.
gillian
Founder
Founder

Postby TontoBronto » Mon May 14, 2007 5:29 am

Seems like a great idea. I'll be glad to be on both lists.

Problem with the current method arose over the weekend----I reoffered Patty's Indy show to the forum and Becmurr accepted.
I remembered that she had asked for SB & LFML earlier and just happened to ask if anyone had hooked her up yet (No one had).
I'm sending the discs today, but she easily could have been overlooked :cry:
TontoBronto
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Kelsea » Mon May 14, 2007 8:20 pm

I meant to respond to this earlier... I could be on both lists as well, if we're still gonna try this idea out.
Kelsea
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby marybeth » Tue May 15, 2007 7:22 am

I like this as well. I always start out with the intention of thinking I'll only respond if the person is in Europe, but then I breakdown and feel sorry for them if no one helps them out. This seems like a fair way. I also only have the "bad" versions of LFML 1 & 2.
http://www.marybethdamico.com

Some people don't care if they live or they die
Some people want to know what it feels like to fly

Americana: "a nebulous category of misfits and acquired tastes, many of whom seem to have worn cowboy hats at one time or another" LA Times article
marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Nicoleee » Fri May 18, 2007 10:46 am

haayy

so, i will sign up on this list... and i was gonna just say that the more people who sign up, the less we will have to send... and i plan on making a few xtra copies now to have for backup when the time comes. how organized of me. (ha)
I said to the sky
Do you want me to fly
The sky said, No
Ain't your turn to go

http://amillionkites.blogspot.com/
Nicoleee
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby marybeth » Thu May 24, 2007 1:08 am

okay, any volunteers to coordinate this? We already have the next person asking for their copies of LFML 1-3.......

Americana: "a nebulous category of misfits and acquired tastes, many of whom seem to have worn cowboy hats at one time or another" LA Times article
marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby gillian » Thu May 24, 2007 9:31 am

I'm coordinating it. I'll get to it as soon as I can. It sounds like a lot of people here need new copies of LFML 1-2 though.
gillian
Founder
Founder

Postby marybeth » Thu May 24, 2007 9:55 am

yes!

I also think it wouldn't be a bad idea to post of bit of protocol somewhere in that section....like, please just don't come on here and demand your copy, we'd like to at least know a bit about you.... anyway, that's the way I feel about it, I don't know about anyone else.

marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby ScottG » Thu May 24, 2007 7:49 pm

marybeth wrote:....like, please just don't come on here and demand your copy, we'd like to at least know a bit about you....

I agree. No stampeding to the clitoris.
"Indifferent, but distanced perfectly
Projected endlessly, it’s so FUCKING beautiful!!!"
ScottG
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Return to PattyNet Announcements and News