Birthdays!

News, updates, and information about PattyNet and the PattyForum

Moderator: gillian

Birthdays!

Postby gillian » Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:42 am

I just installed a really cool modification to the forum that I think will be a lot of fun.

Everybody's profile now has a birthday field. If you fill that out with your birthday, then your name will be displayed at the bottom of the forum index page when it is within 30 days of your birthday. Your name will also be shown on your actual birthday. (Look at the bottom of the forum index page to see what I'm talking about... I've added my and Matt's birthdays as examples.)

Please note, the profile birthday field does ask for a year of birth, but I have modified the modification so that neither your year of birth nor your age will be displayed publicly on the forum. The year of birth will only be contained in your profile, and will not be viewable by anyone else.

I really encourage everyone to use this feature. The more people who participate, the more fun it will be!

:D

ETA:
For anyone who listed their full birthdate in the Birthdays thread, I've just updated your profile for you!
gillian
Founder
Founder

Re: Birthdays!

Postby sandina » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:16 am

gillian wrote:I have modified the modification !

I LOVE that Moderation has modified the modification!!!! :)

Sounds fun, Gillian....I've seen this on other boards, it's great!
sandina
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby gillian » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:25 pm

FYI... I just changed the birthdays function so that it only displays birthdays for people who have posted at least once on the forum. The list was getting a little long with lurkers and such, so now it should actually reflect birthdays for people we know. :)

EDIT: Oh, Sandi... yes, I have modified the modification yet again!
gillian
Founder
Founder

Postby gala002 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:41 pm

Very good idea Gillian! 8)
gala002
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Turk » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:54 pm

gillian wrote:FYI... I just changed the birthdays function so that it only displays birthdays for people who have posted at least once on the forum. The list was getting a little long with lurkers and such, so now it should actually reflect birthdays for people we know. :)

I'm really hoping that PharmaDudeWithLotsaFreeHeavyDutyDope4U makes at least ONE post!
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Return to PattyNet Announcements and News