What about a favorite artist links section??

News, updates, and information about PattyNet and the PattyForum

Moderator: gillian

What about a favorite artist links section??

Postby TontoBronto » Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:32 am

I just received Elise's mix CD and have heard a few artists with whom I'd been unfamiliar.
Wondered about having a forum of links to other artists??
I realize this same info is probably contained in the "Music (Other than Patty)" forum, but it sort of gets buried as the topic moves to page 2 or 3.
I know penguin has recommended Chris Pureka, Fool on fire has recommended Melissa Ferrickand I'm sure other members could give heads-up on artists Pattyphiles should know about. If there was a thread with links to websites and song samples, it might expand our musical horizons???

To be honest, I can foresee a few problems with this idea, so I welcome any suggestions.

BTW, check out the amazing new artist at www.tontoyoderteepee.com. PayPal accepted! (OK, that's ONE of the problems with this idea :D )
TontoBronto
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby gillian » Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:09 am

Thanks for the suggestion Tonto. I'm thinking about a couple of options that might work... give me a few days. :)
gillian
Founder
Founder

Postby gillian » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:34 pm

Ok, I was able to scrounge something together that I think will work. Instead of an additional forum or thread, I have created a "links" page. Anyone can add a post/link for a given artist.

Please, only links and relevant information should be posted on the links page. Please keep all discussion about the artist in the forums.

Here is a link to the new page: Artist links for Patty fans

You can also get to the page from the Forum Index page, under the description for the "Music. (Other than Patty?)" forum.
gillian
Founder
Founder

Postby TontoBronto » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:44 pm

Gillian,
seems like that should work fine. :D It allows members to post useful info without shifting our emphasis away from Patty (I'm on a few forums
where there's SO MUCH general music info that it's hard to remember just WHOM the forum is supposed to be about. :cry: )
TontoBronto
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Browncoat » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:05 pm

I was thinking this might be a good idea, in the vein of the other artists link section...

Perhaps, underneath rading we could have something like this, where members can post a list of trades they have to offer? Although, there would be problems like track lists, etc. Hmmm... big-brained Gillian? Ideas?

-A
Subtly eccentric...
Browncoat
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby gillian » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:46 pm

FYI... last night I added a dropdown list to the Artist Links page, so that you can jump directly to an artist, instead of having to scroll through all of the pages. There seems to be a small bug where if you choose an artist that is listed as the last entry on the page, it actually jumps you to the next page, instead of the correct artist. The bug is not in my code!! It was already existing in the code that manages the links that jump directly to a given post. I may try to fix it sometime in the future, but it might be a hassle, so we'll see.

Btw, big-brained Adam, I am contemplating your suggestion. The problem I see is that some people have their trading lists posted externally (tapetrader, etc)... so I'm not sure what the best scheme would be. We'll come up with something.... :)
gillian
Founder
Founder

Postby penguin » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:03 pm

Is there any way to put a little "Trading" button down by the AIM and YIM and PM and Profile things?
I've got walls, I've got wings, I am ready for the fire
I've got trust in nothing, see, I lost it by and by
but I've got something shining somewhere
honey, I dream on the sly --Chris Pureka
PattyChat | AntjeDuvekot.net | ChrisPureka.net | MattMorrow.net | Trades
penguin
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Return to PattyNet Announcements and News