What About a Link to Patty's Music in Internet Archives?

News, updates, and information about PattyNet and the PattyForum

Moderator: gillian

What About a Link to Patty's Music in Internet Archives?

Postby Arlene » Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:50 am

Gillian: A suggestion. What about having somewhere on this site a section for links to Patty's music which is contained in web site archives? For example, www.npr.org has excerpts from her Carnegie/Zankel Hall performance, (as well as some of her interviews/performances for Morning Edition and All Things Considered), and www.wfuv has her members' concert archived, and www.kcrw.com has her performances on Morning Becomes Eclectic archived, and www.wyep.org has a 7 minute excerpt from an in-studio performance in its archives. And the Austin City Limits site has audio and video of Patty performing a 6 minute version of Useless Desires at http://www.pbs.org/klru/austin/artists/ ... gya-z.html There may well be other things "out there" that I'm forgetting about at the moment but....

Just a thought.
Last edited by Arlene on Sun May 08, 2005 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You've got to sing like you don't need the money, love like you'll never get hurt. You've got to dance like no one is watching. It's gotta come from the heart, if you want it to work."
~Susannah Clark

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." ~Molly Ivins

"If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner."
~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby TontoBronto » Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:46 pm

Seems like a great idea. I had actually forgotten about the video of Morning Becomes Eclectic, but I was reminded by your post and happily watched again.
TontoBronto
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby girlgoddess » Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:35 pm

arlene,
maybe for the time being you should start a topic for it, and then eventually g can turn it into a site feature? that might be a cool place to start getting them compiled!

xo
r.
if you have poo, fling it now.
girlgoddess
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Arlene » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:22 am

girlgoddess wrote:arlene, maybe for the time being you should start a topic for it, and then eventually g can turn it into a site feature? that might be a cool place to start getting them compiled! xo r.

Umm. I guess I've sort of done that.

If anyone knows of additional audio and/or visual performances of Patty on other web sites, please feel free to add them here.

(Sorry. I guess the timing of my suggestion was poor. I never meant to suggest that the feature be added immediately. It was just an idea I was throwing out for consideration some time in the future.)
"You've got to sing like you don't need the money, love like you'll never get hurt. You've got to dance like no one is watching. It's gotta come from the heart, if you want it to work."
~Susannah Clark

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." ~Molly Ivins

"If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner."
~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby gillian » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:58 am

Sorry I forgot to respond to this. I do like the idea, I just need to think about where/how it would fit best in the site. It's on the list!
gillian
Founder
Founder

Return to PattyNet Announcements and News