Patty's health

Talk about Patty to your heart's content.

Moderator: gillian

Patty's health

Postby elcorazon » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:48 am

Anybody know what's happening? Here is a post she put on facebook:

Hello Everyone-
Just a little note to let you know I am not going to be able to make it on the Lampedusa tour for refugees starting later this week. I am bummed out about this big time, but it can’t be helped. I have some health stuff going on and have to stay in one place for a bit. I hope that none of you have second thoughts about going to the show after hearing this news. With this amazing group of people (now including my friend Robert on seven of the dates - stepping in to fill my chair - haha), this show is going to be beyond great. Also, this cause is very near and dear to me. With so many issues of great importance that need tending to right here within our borders, it may be hard to imagine why we should be bothered with people from other nations wanting to find homes and assistance within ours. First, the global repercussions of not tending to “the refugee crisis,” economic and otherwise, are frightening to ponder. The number of persons displaced by war and poverty wandering the globe at this time are at an estimated high of 65 million. All that scariness aside, my feeling first and foremost about this is that this is a humanitarian issue - a situation in which everyone who is capable has to join efforts to support all of our fellow humans in need. I’ve been lucky enough to travel a lot in my life. The more I do and the older I get, the deeper the hold this thought has on me: we are all fundamentally connected, in beautiful and mysterious ways, all one family of humans. If we ignore our family members when they are suffering, no one and nothing are served by that. I don’t think suffering can ever be avoided as one lives a life. I think one of the greatest balms for this is tending to others in greater need.
I hope to see you back on the road somewhere soon.
With much love and gratitude,
Patty

Worried that she is ok. Also a bit upset she will not be at show next week. Excited to see her in November - hope she is ok for that tour.

Get well, Patty!
If I died, he'd hear about it, eventually.
elcorazon
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Re: Patty's health

Postby sfboy » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:07 am

I was worried too, but it looks like she is well enough to be touring again. I hope it wasn't anything serious. Enjoy the show and let us know any and every detail. :)

Kevin
sfboy
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby elcorazon » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:27 am

by the way, the lampedusa tour WAS AMAZING even without Patty. Exceeded all my expectations - LOVED the Milk Carton Kids and was shocked at just how great Robert Plant was!!
elcorazon
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby TontoBronto » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:58 am

FWIW, Turk was looking for Milk Carton Kids doing "Michaelangelo" (Emmylou).
Dimeadozen has had a few of the Lampedusa concerts, so I uploaded one with that song---
https://app.box.com/s/4d81xx5b1d1oejc8btj5wmmckz5qsk64

Box doesn't seem to allow downloading the entire folder or playing continuously from start to finish, so it's a bit of a nuisance.
TontoBronto
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby jbjojo » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:29 am

I hope she is okay. I was going to see her December 17th in Austin but that show has just been rescheduled for April 8.
jbjojo
A Place to Stand
A Place to Stand

Postby elcorazon » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:37 am

she mentioned at chicago show that she wasn't drinking. I wonder if she perhaps is having issues with drugs/alcohol possibly. Hate to start a rumor without any basis, but just wondering if it is a possibility.
elcorazon
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Turk » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:08 pm

I have no idea what's going on with her health. I do know she cancelled an upcoming Austin City Limits gig. Must be pretty major to miss that.
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Return to PattyTalk