An Older Duet

Talk about Patty to your heart's content.

Moderator: gillian

An Older Duet

Postby Turk » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:31 am

Patty sings w/ Jules Shear on Windows and Walls.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="470" height="36" id="divplaylist"><param name="movie" value="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=9837780-220&new_design=true"><embed src="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=9837780-220&new_design=true" width="470" height="36" name="divplaylist" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed></object>
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby outta » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:14 pm

I really like this, Turk! I don't believe I've heard this song before.
"Tell me the truth, you sweet son of a bitch"
Browncoat
outta
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Turk » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:02 am

It was fairly new to my ears as well. Not alot of info that I could find. This song is from the 1998 album Between Us.

Click on "divShare" on the player to download.
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby elcorazon » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:24 am

Love the song and that album is a great one. In fact that album helped get me into Patty, I loved her voice on that song so much.
If I died, he'd hear about it, eventually.
elcorazon
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Turk » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:56 pm

Okay, I have been missing my LFML 3 and just realized that this song is on that.

Thanks, MB.
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby notalone » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:53 pm

It's not on LFML 3, but it is on Bilbo's Combo.
Sometimes you wonder if your walking in the wrong direction.
notalone
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Turk » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:59 pm

notalone wrote:It's not on LFML 3, but it is on Bilbo's Combo.

Okay, I was going by what MB posted in the "Trading" thread. I honestly couldn't remember that track since I lost my LFML 3rd disc quite awhile back.
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby notalone » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:20 am

Turk wrote:
notalone wrote:It's not on LFML 3, but it is on Bilbo's Combo.

Okay, I was going by what MB posted in the "Trading" thread. I honestly couldn't remember that track since I lost my LFML 3rd disc quite awhile back.

I was wrong. I downloaded the files last night. Windows and Walls is on it ,but this new version is different from 1.0 and 1.1. Songs have been added and removed it appears. If you go to Johns site you can get the original cover art and track lists.
notalone
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby marybeth » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:27 am

I'm pretty confused about what the official LFML III is...what I have does not match exactly the list on John's site. I got my new copy of LFML III recently from Joanna.

But I have known Windows and Walls for ages. I had it on something called "Rarities" that someone sent me back in 2003. I don't even know where the person who sent it to me got it from, this was before I was even really taking part in Pattynet. But, yes, now I have a new copy of LFML III and it is on there.
http://www.marybethdamico.com

Some people don't care if they live or they die
Some people want to know what it feels like to fly

Americana: "a nebulous category of misfits and acquired tastes, many of whom seem to have worn cowboy hats at one time or another" LA Times article
marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby notalone » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:03 pm

marybeth wrote:I'm pretty confused about what the official LFML III is...what I have does not match exactly the list on John's site. I got my new copy of LFML III recently from Joanna.

But I have known Windows and Walls for ages. I had it on something called "Rarities" that someone sent me back in 2003. I don't even know where the person who sent it to me got it from, this was before I was even really taking part in Pattynet. But, yes, now I have a new copy of LFML III and it is on there.

If your rarities starts with "Twisted Road" and ends with "Mary : Live Concert for a Landmine Free World".(19 Tracks), then thats "Bilbo's Combo rarities & obscure nomenclature by Patty Griffin", which had great art work by Steve Smith.
notalone
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby marybeth » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:19 pm

That could well be it but I would have to check! There was definitely no artwork...this was pre-Smitty. I actually got the CD from a member of the Dixie Chicks chat board at the time, who told me some nice Patty Griffin fan gave it to her....then not long after that I think I joined TWDTT on a more regular basis....gosh I am getting nostalgic thinking of it!

Americana: "a nebulous category of misfits and acquired tastes, many of whom seem to have worn cowboy hats at one time or another" LA Times article
marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby notalone » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:25 pm

Yep it was 2003. On the old board (pre Pattynet)with Smit. I know other members got copies minus the art work. I can send you a copy of the art work if you would like.
notalone
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby marybeth » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:18 am

That would be great, thanks! :-D

marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Return to PattyTalk