If you could ask Patty anything….

Talk about Patty to your heart's content.

Moderator: gillian

Postby jessebearauntie » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:01 pm

Hey Nichole:

Very cool news about interviewing Patty. I hope it works out. Here's a few ideas for questions.

Which of your songs best represent your abilities as a songwriter?

Which of your songs or covers best represent your abilities as a singer?

You are primarily known as a singer/songwriter but you also play a mean guitar (and piano). Which of your songs has the most complex guitar part that you play?

Will you sign the guitar pick I got from your guitar tech after your 2008 Mountain Winery show in Saratoga, CA? :wink:

Good luck!

Karen
jessebearauntie
A Place to Stand
A Place to Stand

Postby marybeth » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:00 am

[mostly because I feel it'd be boring to ask about how the album came about and how she got the idea and who her gospel influences are when she's been talking about it since like what… at least August of last year.]

As much as that is true Nichole, Patty will want to be promoting her album, so I assume she won't mind getting some questions in this vein. If you start from already knowing alot about what she has said, and asking something intelligent based on that, she will only be impressed at your knowledge. Think how STUPID some interviewers are! Hey and GOOD LUCK getting the interview! It would be an awesome chance!
http://www.marybethdamico.com

Some people don't care if they live or they die
Some people want to know what it feels like to fly

Americana: "a nebulous category of misfits and acquired tastes, many of whom seem to have worn cowboy hats at one time or another" LA Times article
marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Russell » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:56 pm

I'm thinking that Nichole's going to be getting that dream interview in the very near future. I'm also thinking that her questions will likely be better than any we might suggest.

That said, we will now have a very real chance to ask Patty that question we've always wanted to ask because she will be answering fans question during the webcast on Wednesday night. Also, Vector has just asked about gathering some questions in advance through PattyCentral. I should know whether they're going to go that route. I think the only holdup at this point is making sure that questions from Keith can be blocked (I'll put the :wink: here so that there are no misunderstandings).

Anyway, get working on that one dream question and I'll keep you informed.

By the way, if you haven't seen the very short video of Patty promoting the webcast, click here.
Russell
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Russell » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:05 pm

While I'm sure that Nichole was going to use the wonderful suggestions for questions made in this thread, I may have just pre-empted that by sending all of the suggestions WITH NAMES ATTACHED to Patty's management as potential seed questions for her chat session during Wednesday night's webcast. Sorry about that, Nichole, looks like you'll have to start from scratch. As far as attaching names, I only included the information I have, for example, since I know Keith's full name and address, all of that was attached. For most others, not so much. Oh, and as to Keith's contact info, :wink: . The questions themselves definitely went, well almost all of them.
Russell
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Little_Kites » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:01 pm

How much does personal experience play in her songwriting? (And I'm not saying she has to site any examples either unless she wants to)

Does she think having personal experience in a certain song make for a better song?
Little_Kites
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Little_Kites » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:19 pm

How do you keep your voice in shape when it might be worn out from overuse?

Patty should do another live chat, I'm always thinking of more questions hehe :wink:
Little_Kites
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Previous

Return to PattyTalk