Downtown Church - the unified discussion thread

Talk about Patty to your heart's content.

Moderator: gillian

Postby Arlene » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:27 am

marybeth wrote:I hearby no longer dislike the song in Spanish! And I like the album more with each listen. :D

Still not thrilled with the song in Spanish but I, too, like the album more with each listen (and now, I skip only one track when it comes up.....) :D 8) :wink:
"You've got to sing like you don't need the money, love like you'll never get hurt. You've got to dance like no one is watching. It's gotta come from the heart, if you want it to work."
~Susannah Clark

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." ~Molly Ivins

"If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner."
~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Turk » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:22 pm

Sadly, I haven't listened to DC in nearly a week. I have however been revisiting the LFML discs and the masterpiece that is Living With Ghosts.
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby marybeth » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:24 pm

Maybe it's just not where you're at right now, Turk. That happens!

So, Arlene, which track do you skip?
http://www.marybethdamico.com

Some people don't care if they live or they die
Some people want to know what it feels like to fly

Americana: "a nebulous category of misfits and acquired tastes, many of whom seem to have worn cowboy hats at one time or another" LA Times article
marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Russell » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:41 pm

Downtown Church entered the Billboard Top 200 at #37.

LINK
Russell
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Downtown Church - the unified discussion...

Postby jmp31 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:22 pm

Re Tonto Yoder's query about the Swan Silvertone's "Move Up", I posted the following on the "Move Up" thread (two threads about the same topic gets a bit confusing, don't you think?):
-- Patty, in discussing Buddy's getting her to do the Swan Silvertone's "Move Up," (see above) ended by saying: "And the original really is one of the most amazing performances ever recorded and if people get into them through this record, the whole thing is totally worth it."
I think it's really neat that Patty is hoping we'll get to know some of the forgotten sources of the music on Downtown Church, and, Pattyholic that I am, I looked for a Swan Silvertones CD with "Move Up" on it and found it on Amazon's listing of new and used CDs sold not by Amazon but by others, through Amazon. Title of CD is "Move Up," and has 28 tracks. With postage cost about $7.50--
Jane
jmp31
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Downtown Church -- unified ...

Postby jmp31 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:32 am

Another review. This is unusual because the reviewer considers the Patty-written tracks the weakest on the cd!

http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/02/0 ... wn-church/

Jane
jmp31
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Re: Downtown Church - the unified discussion...

Postby keith from ny » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:41 pm

jmp31 wrote:Re Tonto Yoder's query about the Swan Silvertone's "Move Up", I posted the following on the "Move Up" thread (two threads about the same topic gets a bit confusing, don't you think?):
-- Patty, in discussing Buddy's getting her to do the Swan Silvertone's "Move Up," (see above) ended by saying: "And the original really is one of the most amazing performances ever recorded and if people get into them through this record, the whole thing is totally worth it."
I think it's really neat that Patty is hoping we'll get to know some of the forgotten sources of the music on Downtown Church, and, Pattyholic that I am, I looked for a Swan Silvertones CD with "Move Up" on it and found it on Amazon's listing of new and used CDs sold not by Amazon but by others, through Amazon. Title of CD is "Move Up," and has 28 tracks. With postage cost about $7.50--
Jane

Thanks Jane, I bought the CD from Amazon a couple of weeks ago and absolutely love it!
I don't know nothing except change will come
keith from ny
Top of the World
Top of the World

Downtown Church...unified...

Postby jmp31 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:25 pm

Good! I bet Patty would be pleased!
Jane
jmp31
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Little_Kites » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:07 am

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but here is an article about the appel farm show: http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/tow ... _fest.html
Little_Kites
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Previous

Return to PattyTalk