Sneaky... but Obviously Effective

Talk about Patty to your heart's content.

Moderator: gillian

Sneaky... but Obviously Effective

Postby Rob » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:58 am

A YouTube comment on a Patty video:

to all those trying to promote her: I was downloading some Norah Jones songs, and there was a file called 'Norah Jones - Rain', and I downloaded it with all the rest. It was actually Patty Griffin, and that's how I heard of her for the first time, and I'm grateful to the guy who tricked me into listening to her.

:lol: :lol:
You can't really dust for vomit.

-- Nigel Tufnel
Rob
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby saturdayboy » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:56 pm

effective at what?
redirecting a music pirate so that he can download all of patty's works for free?
nobody needs that type of "promotion".
"i never understood my failings then,
and i hide my humble hopes now"
saturdayboy
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Turk » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:41 pm

Just because the guy was downloading doesn't mean he was pirating. It's all in the way you interpret the post. You have no idea what kind of songs by Norah Jones the guy was downloading. Maybe he paid for her purchasable music and was downloading obscure snips or concert bits. And just because the technology is so readily available doesn't mean that everybody's wanting something for nothing. Pirating is ever prevalent but I believe there are people who still play by the rules.
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Rob » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:58 am

saturdayboy wrote:effective at what?
redirecting a music pirate so that he can download all of patty's works for free?
nobody needs that type of "promotion".

:roll:

Jeez. It was just a funny aside about how someone was introduced to Patty. Where did that person write that they downloaded "all of Patty's works for free"? It's a fairly huge leap to infer that from what they wrote. Plus "all of Patty's works," includes a ton of unreleased material and an entire studio album, all of it widely available. Almost every ardent Patty fan has it, or will find out it exists and get it. And it won't be hard.

Check this thread for what's available. And put a parrot on your shoulder if you own any of that music. And trust me, on this board, there are a whole lot of birds squawking "silver bell... bwwaaaaakkkk, silver bell....."

Turk's parrot can even recite lyrics.
You can't really dust for vomit.

-- Nigel Tufnel
Rob
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Return to PattyTalk