10 Million Miles: The Musical?

Talk about Patty to your heart's content.

Moderator: gillian

10 Million Miles: The Musical?

Postby thisbetheverse » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:25 pm

How did I never know anything about an off-Broadway musical of Patty's tunes?With Matthew Morrison and Mare Winningham? REALLY?! Does anyone have any info about it/has anyone seen it/who has the DVD/CD?
thisbetheverse
Falling Down
Falling Down

10 Million Miles

Postby jmp31 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:19 pm

Here's a review of the off-Broadway musical, which I never saw. Not a great success, apparently, because the plot and Patty's songs were not well-integrated. The songs and the show's characters who sang them are listed at the end of the article.

http://www.curtainup.com/10millionmiles.html
jmp31
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby keith from ny » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:32 pm

I saw the show not long after it first opened. The plot was gruesomely contrived to (sort of) fit Patty's songs. Aside from the music and Mare Winningham's impressive multi-role performance, I thought it was pretty awful.
I don't know nothing except change will come
keith from ny
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Arlene » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:14 pm

keith from ny wrote:I saw the show not long after it first opened. The plot was gruesomely contrived to (sort of) fit Patty's songs. Aside from the music and Mare Winningham's impressive multi-role performance, I thought it was pretty awful.

I saw it with Keith and since my mother told me not to say anything at all if you can't say something nice, I'll simply say that the songs were great....

I thought it was dreadful except for the music.
"You've got to sing like you don't need the money, love like you'll never get hurt. You've got to dance like no one is watching. It's gotta come from the heart, if you want it to work."
~Susannah Clark

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." ~Molly Ivins

"If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner."
~Tallulah Bankhead

Arlene
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Rob » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:41 pm

Arlene wrote:
keith from ny wrote:I saw the show not long after it first opened. The plot was gruesomely contrived to (sort of) fit Patty's songs. Aside from the music and Mare Winningham's impressive multi-role performance, I thought it was pretty awful.

I saw it with Keith and since my mother told me not to say anything at all if you can't say something nice, I'll simply say that the songs were great....

I thought it was dreadful except for the music.

I saw it with Keith and Arlene and plotwise, I don't remember much except there was a car. The music and Mare were stellar, though.
You can't really dust for vomit.

-- Nigel Tufnel
Rob
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Return to PattyTalk