When Did You Discover Patty

Talk about Patty to your heart's content.

Moderator: gillian

When Did You Discover Patty

Postby jbjojo » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:18 am

I was standing in line to get into Warehouse Live in Houston where Patty was playing this past Friday night and I was asked from one of the other people in line how I knew about Patty. I have been a fan since I heard "Living With Ghosts" on WXRT in Chicago in 1996. Which got me to thinking and wondering, when and where did you first hear Patty? Great concert by the way!
jbjojo
A Place to Stand
A Place to Stand

Re: When Did You Discover Patty

Postby saturdayboy » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:24 pm

i discovered patty (and pretty much everything) from WXRT also. i started listening to WXRT a long time ago (grew up a few blocks away, and the signal was so strong!!!) it's still pretty good, but the corporate takeover really hurt it musically.
"i never understood my failings then,
and i hide my humble hopes now"
saturdayboy
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Re: When Did You Discover Patty

Postby sfboy » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:17 pm

I went to see Jann Arden live at the Great American Music Hall. There were supposed to be 2 openers, but the guy was sick, so only Patty opened. I had never heard of her. I was thinking to myself, "God, another folk singer" and then she opened her mouth. I still remember that she started with Moses. It was like that old ad for Sony where the sound coming from the stereo is blowing people's hair. It was just amazing. And that was all she wrote :) I got Living With Ghosts that week at Warehouse, when there were still actual record (well, CD) stores. And I was hooked.

Kevin
sfboy
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Return to PattyTalk