The Orange Peel, Asheville, NC 4/19/06

Tell us about the Patty shows you've attended, and organize/document PattyFamily meetups

Moderator: gillian

Postby marybeth » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:22 am

Elise, you get the award for the best review ever! I feel like I was there. Awww it just sounds soooo wonderful and I can't wait to hear the new songs. And I can't WAIT to meet some of you at Pattyfest!
http://www.marybethdamico.com

Some people don't care if they live or they die
Some people want to know what it feels like to fly

Americana: "a nebulous category of misfits and acquired tastes, many of whom seem to have worn cowboy hats at one time or another" LA Times article
marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Little_Kites » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:37 am

Oh Elise your concert reviews are very good yay. I'm glad you all had a good time.

And these lyrics make me smile: I said to the sky / please can I fly / the sky said no / it ain't your time to go.

yay and imagine its only just a little bit of the lyrics heh by the end I'll be all smiles
Little_Kites
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby ang » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:16 pm

Ahh..my first pattynet meetup - YAY!!!! Experiencing the sheer bad-assedness of Patty in the same room with Lisey and Lime was just heavenly to me...absolutely perfect. (Well, minus a few distractions from the jackasses next to us, of course) I loved our little post-concert jam in the hotel room. Singing...laughing...reminiscing on Patty's unbelievable performance - It was a nice way to wrap up the evening, I think. Lisey, I wish you could have stayed longer - I was sad to see you go.:( Although, Sara was quite the trooper herself to hang as long as she did..considering she had to work in the morning. I hope she had a great time. She, too, is a sweetheart.

I look forward to many more meetups with Elise, Limey and of course all my other pattynet pals.

Austin here we come....

Ang
Like jewels in a crown, the precious stones glittered in the queen's round metal hat.
ang
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Our Kid » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:44 pm

ang wrote:Ahh..my first pattynet meetup - YAY!!!! Experiencing the sheer bad-assedness of Patty in the same room with Lisey and Lime was just heavenly to me...absolutely perfect. (Well, minus a few distractions from the jackasses next to us, of course) I loved our little post-concert jam in the hotel room. Singing...laughing...reminiscing on Patty's unbelievable performance - It was a nice way to wrap up the evening, I think. Lisey, I wish you could have stayed longer - I was sad to see you go.:( Although, Sara was quite the trooper herself to hang as long as she did..considering she had to work in the morning. I hope she had a great time. She, too, is a sweetheart.

I look forward to many more meetups with Elise, Limey and of course all my other pattynet pals.

Austin here we come....

Ang

YAY!!!

So great to hear that y'all had a good time!
"You could write a song about some kind of emotional problem you are having, but it would not be a good song, in my eyes, until it went through a period of sensitivity to a moment of clarity. Without that moment of clarity to contribute to the song, it's just complaining."

-Joni Mitchell-
Our Kid
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Turk » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:30 am

Elise gives good recap.
The best actually.

Way to go, guys. :D
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby LimeTwister » Mon May 29, 2006 8:54 pm

You can see the crazy dude's head, and the dude sitting beside him was the one talking on the phone.
I guess I'm taking my chances
Giving up the ring, throwing in the gloves
I guess I'm taking my chances
Trading in my things For a couple wings on a little white dove
And one big love, one big love
LimeTwister
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Previous

Return to Shows & Meetups