Tell us about the Patty shows you've attended, and organize/document PattyFamily meetups

Moderator: gillian

Postby Gretzky » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:24 pm

moon river
said to the sky
free
bad news
pies
rain
getting ready
burgundy
up/down
ltal
mountain
racing
stand on the ride
rr wings
heavenly
useless dees
moon song
---
truth 2
icicles

forgive me if some of the new titles are flawed or laughably way off...i haven't been paying attention to any info concerning the new stuff.

incredible show, no bad news was a standout...chemistry between patty & doug just seems to get deeper and deeper.

i'll let someone else offer up all the little details, as i'm not really in the mood right now...

will say this, though...will somebody PLEASE get up and dance at one of these shows, or at least groove to the music in some visible way? i've seen her 33 times now, a sliver compared to some of you, i know, but i have yet to see a crowd really honor her music.

i'm tired of seeing the same people in the front, show after show, so quick to jump up for a little personal standing o after a particularly wicked jam, yet sitting still and motionless the rest of the evening.

you've already got a flag sticking out of your ass proclaiming you the world's biggest fan...we see it every night as you make the rounds. no need to stand up and wave it. please. like it all means so much more to you...than the rest of us.

someone at the avalon...dance. birchmere, are you feeling this? someone get up and give this woman the energy she deserves. your seats are a suggestion, they are not mandatory. get the fuck up and sway.

lord, i'm sorry to rant so much. i took a foul mood into the show, and while the music lifted me to other places during the night, i'm afraid that foul mood still lingers. god bless you if you're with me.

green
step up and bless the mic
Gretzky
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby PattyChick13 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:05 am

Twice I've seen Patty and the audience has been the same--just sitting and watching, standing after some songs. However, I feel that that is how we are honoring her music. I sat the entire evening except for the end and after the encore because I was in such a trance through the whole show.

I went to an Alison Krauss show last year and the crowd was the same. I think because the music is so mellow and the mood the same way, people are just hypnotized into sitting through the whole show and listening attentively.
PattyChick13
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Kris » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:21 am

I personally hate it when people get up at seated concerts. I pay to have a seat so I can sit and really absorb the music, that's how I really experience a concert. When people stand they tend to push, crowd and short people can't see anything. I avoid standing room only concerts like the plague.
It's the same old thirst for more
Until they put you in the dirt

You saw me through a keyhole
Of a door that I kept locked
But I decorate the threshold
Just in case you knocked
Kris
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Turk » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:40 am

There are different scenarios for different artists and events, and how acts are booked.

Given the depth and passion of some of Patty's livelier musical numbers, I doubt she would mind seeing a little physical reaction. She even stated so in an article posted somewhere on this board.

I've only seen Patty twice and both times were solo. With a band, I don't think I could sit still if she performed "Love Throw a Line" or "Blue Sky" or .......

Even on this duo tour, I think it wouldn't be a shame to show a little life.
Still audiences can suck as bad as overly rowdy ones sometimes.
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby PattyChick13 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:40 pm

I've seen Patty acoustic both times, just her and Doug. I don't know how I'd feel if she were with a full band and played some of her rockier stuff. Maybe it would call for a little get-up-and-jam-time. lol
PattyChick13
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Mis » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:02 pm

I was in an absolutely FOUL mood yesterday after having a really shitty day, but the show definitely lifted my spirits.

The sound was a lot muddier than in Albany, and I wasn't sure if it was just the acoustics in there or if the mix was just off - but it was a good show. Patty was definitely much more energized and "in" to this performance - she was really connected to the music and she and Doug just jammed. I have to agree with Gretzky - I think the definitive version of "No Bad News" may have been played last night - bummer on the no taping policy for that reason, but totally understandable otherwise. Jill Hennessy from Crossing Jordan/Law & Order was sitting pretty much directly across the big aisle from me, and she was loving it. I knew she was a big Patty fan from reading interviews, but it was very cool to see her there.

I also have to say that "I Said To The Sky" is probably my new favorite of the new songs that I haven't heard before this tour. There's something so Peggy Lee about it - but with a depth that is unique to Patty.

On the get up and dance thing - I guess I kind of agree that in seated venues, you need to be seated. I would've loved to get up and dance - in fact I was the only one anywhere around me that wasn't sitting entirely still - but then I can't when Patty is playing. LOL I'd love to see Patty play more SRO venues so we could more easily dance.

A great night! :)
Liars
are lying
Airplanes
are flying
Love isn't here
Love isn't here
But it's somewhere...
Mis
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby keith from ny » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:40 pm

Glad y'all enjoyed the Scottish Rite show! I think I Said to the Sky was my favorite of the new new songs as well, Mis. Patty and Doug got pretty crazy on No Bad News in Westport too.

Those of you who wanna dance to Patty should come on up the next time she plays Webster Hall (a stand-up dance hall in NYC) with a band. Rhonda and I rarely stood still the whole night when she played there last year, and Patty was really having fun watching the crowd. It was a totally different vibe from the other shows of hers I've seen (great for the rockin' songs, not so good for the quieter ones IMO). I always show up early to get a spot in front of the stage or in the front of the balcony for stand-up shows.

I'm with Kris, though -- if I'm in a sit-down venue, the last thing I want is a bunch of people standing up in front of me.
I don't know nothing except change will come
keith from ny
Top of the World
Top of the World

Return to Shows & Meetups