We was like peas and carrots again: PATTY PEOPLE IN ALABAMA

Tell us about the Patty shows you've attended, and organize/document PattyFamily meetups

Moderator: gillian

Postby Turk » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:00 pm

sandina wrote:I wish I was there! In particular, I loved seeing Turk partaking in the festivities! YAY!!! I know how much you've been looking forward to a meetup, Turk. You look so happy to have joined in!!

A couple of comments. I don't get the balancing of Table Talk pies on heads. There's got to be a story behind that !

I wish you'd been there too, Sandi, but there will be other opportunities, I'm sure of it. Yes, I was extremely excited and pretty nervous going from virtual to reality. I knew all along there was nothing to be nervous about, but still....
The best part about it was that everything exceeded my expectations. The same good PattyVibe that we've discussed so much here was present at the meetup; not that there was any doubt, it was just a sweet affirmation.

About the Table Talk pies: I'm not sure what was up with the balancing on the head photo, it must have been on Sunday after I'd left. I meant to snag one of those pies but forgot. I think I left my disposable camera at Ang's house also.
Ang -
If I did leave that camera there, just hang onto it, please. I'll get it when I come to one of your gigs. Now that I know where you live, I may become a huge thorn in your side. :wink:

Kidding :D
Turk
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby KarenL » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:02 pm

These are the most adorable pictures ever! :D I'm catching up a little because of all the posts to this thread - The whole experience sounds amazing. Makes me wish I was there! Thanks for the great stories and pictures, everyone.
KarenL
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Fool On Fire » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:30 pm

Turk wrote:I may become a huge thorn in your side. :wink:

I think I can safely speak for Ang as well as myself when I say...BRING IT ON, bro. :)

You are a treasured darling of my heart and I will be most upset if I don't get to hang out with you again VERY soon.

(By the way, the Table Talk headgear was just a moment of supreme silliness *before* the gig in alabama. It was actually right before Keith arrived...we were all listening to Flaming Red and decided it would be a good idea to wear the pies. It was, as you can see, a scathingly brilliant plan.)

~Elise
I've become the beggar now, and you've become the saint somehow
twist the words and place the blame, and tell me now, aren't we the same?

-- Amy Ray

born under a bad sign, been down since I began to crawl
if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all

-- Albert King

the saints and all the martyrs look down on dying converts
"what makes the water holy," she said, "is that it's the closest thing to rain..."

-- Josh Ritter

...the blues is the roots...everything else is the fruits...
Fool On Fire
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby ang » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:47 pm

Turk wrote:I may become a huge thorn in your side. :wink:
:lol:

Fuck yeah. We're gonna hold you to that! I've got your camera here as collateral. heh

Hmmm...I wonder if there might be "other" pictures waiting to be developed on that roll. :lol:

Kidding, love ya!

Ang
Like jewels in a crown, the precious stones glittered in the queen's round metal hat.
ang
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby PattyChick13 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:29 pm

(By the way, the Table Talk headgear was just a moment of supreme silliness *before* the gig in alabama. It was actually right before Keith arrived...we were all listening to Flaming Red and decided it would be a good idea to wear the pies. It was, as you can see, a scathingly brilliant plan.)

~Elise[/quote]

And I thought it was because of Making Pies. But I like you're reason better. ;)
PattyChick13
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Lisa1 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:15 pm

gillian wrote:What a weekend. Wow! I can't believe it really all happened. Such happy times.

A few pictures from my camera:

We found a cool chair thing by the restrooms of the Alabama Theater and decided to take a picture

And then we found Matt, in the line for the women's bathroom, lol

And after asking three different groups of random people if they were from the Patty forum and not finding any of you, what do I see in this pic?

My own ass :roll: I was RIGHT there! So close :lol:
Don't bring me bad news, no bad news, I don't need none of your bad news today....
Lisa1
A Place to Stand
A Place to Stand

Postby gillian » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:41 pm

Lisa1 wrote:And after asking three different groups of random people if they were from the Patty forum and not finding any of you, what do I see in this pic?

My own ass :roll: I was RIGHT there! So close :lol:

Haha... that is so hilarious and so sad at the same time! I hope you get to meet some peeps in Nashville!
gillian
Founder
Founder

Postby Lisa1 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:54 pm

Haha, thanks... yep, you pegged it, hilarious and sad.
Don't bring me bad news, no bad news, I don't need none of your bad news today....
Lisa1
A Place to Stand
A Place to Stand

Previous

Return to Shows & Meetups