The Hotel Cafe, LA Feb 13

Tell us about the Patty shows you've attended, and organize/document PattyFamily meetups

Moderator: gillian

The Hotel Cafe, LA Feb 13

Postby sfboy » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:27 pm

HI y'all

Well, I have my 2 tickets and I've decided to take a day off of work and fly down from SF. Anyone else going? By the way, Vy Pham from KCRW answered an email of mine and said that Patty will be playing for "about an hour", which is more than I expected, so yay!!! I don't have an extra ticket, but if anyone is planning on going, we should at least say hello before the show. Anyone going?

Kevin
sfboy
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby sfboy » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:01 am

Well, I guess it's just me and my lonesome. I'll put up a review either tonight or Wednesday, depending on computer access in LA. I'M GETTING READY....

Kevin
sfboy
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby sfboy » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:25 pm

OK, so first things first: the set list:

1. First Star
2. Burgundy Shoes
3. Stay on the Ride
4. Trapeze
5. Heavenly Day
6. Crying Over
7. Love Throw a Line
8. When It Don't Come Easy
9. No Bad News
10. Up to the Mountain
11. Getting Ready

It was so much fun. I knew the veune was going to be small, but I didn't realize it would be THAT small. Tiny. The band didn't even have room for the base and cello on stage. So I was close. Wow! I'm sure I'll never see Patty in such a small place again. She looked great and was in fine form. First Star is a beautiful song. Most of the people there, I think, hadn't listened to CRT much, so they were most enthusiastic for Love Throw a Line, When It Don't Come Easy, and No Bad News, which is such a rockin' song live. The instrumentation, as always, was sparse yet lovely. The new bass/cello player, whose name I've forgotten, filled Emmy's shoues just fine on Trapeze. All in all, a great little concert and something to really whet our whistles for the full-on tour. Bring it on, Patty!!!

Kevin
sfboy
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Return to Shows & Meetups