San Diego Review

Tell us about the Patty shows you've attended, and organize/document PattyFamily meetups

Moderator: gillian

San Diego Review

Postby irishcornboy » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:54 pm

Are there no members from the San Diego area or members who went to the show, was curious how it was, as I would have been there if there was no Arizona dates.
"I once thought that when you understood something, it was with you forever. I know now that this isn't so, that most truths are inherently unretainable, that we have to work hard all of our lives to remember the most basic things."-Lucy Grealy
irishcornboy
A Place to Stand
A Place to Stand

Postby jenfrazzle » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:52 am

i went - it was fabulous. the sound at the venue was pretty muddy and bottom-heavy, so some subtlety was lost, in my opinion, especially on songs that required piano.

but patty was amazing and the crowd was genuinely appreciative. patty got a few standing ovations in the middle of the show, and for the encore (a song i can't remember, followed by let him fly, then gettin' ready) people were really roaring. i was really excited to hear sweet lorraine again, even though she plays it pretty frequently it's still such a treat to hear it live, but i got sooooo excited to hear her sing let him fly, which to me was unexpected and she did a GREAT rendition of it.

for the last song (gettin' ready), people rushed the stage and there were probably 100 or so people dancing and singing and jumping up and down in front of the stage and in the aisles. as i said on the MM list, it was a moment of such amazing energy from the audience, and my boyfriend declared it the first ever patty mosh pit. they really let it rip for that last song, and it was just one of those amazing, perfect, cohesive concert moments that i'll remember for a long, long time.

and that's my lil summary of the san diego show. :)
jenfrazzle
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Return to Shows & Meetups