Boulder 07

Tell us about the Patty shows you've attended, and organize/document PattyFamily meetups

Moderator: gillian

Boulder 07

Postby scottz » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:45 pm

Who's goin? we'll be there on the 23rd & staying in Breckenridge two nights. It's a way's off but because my nephew manages one of those luxurious resort mansions...
...It's FREEEEEE!
:oops: Well, except for the millions of dollars for fuel. :roll:

But there are Mountains/SNOW to play on! jacuzzi bar, King sized sleep.number.beds. :shock: :P :P :twisted:
Waiting for Lightning...
scottz
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby KarenL » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:08 pm

I'm going, too, Scott! I'm flying into Denver on Wednesday morning and Flying home on Saturday. I'm staying in Boulder at a hotel. I know a few more of us are going, too.

Where are your seats?
KarenL
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby lily » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:25 pm

I'll be there Friday night. I couldn't swing both with school... but at least I'll be there one of the nights.

We're in row 12, I think.
lily
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Kelsea » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:55 pm

I'll be there for both shows. Flying in Wednesday night and leaving on Saturday. Couldn't pass up the opportunity to see Patty 4 times in one month, especially in such a wonderful state/ venue. Plus I get to see family which is nice.
Kelsea
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Rob » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:11 am

I will be there both nights and look forward to meeting up with all you folks! Can't believe you're coming, Zimmo!

For the Friday night show, Karen, Jessica and I will be in Section A, Row 2, Seats 18, 19 & 20.

Karen has the seats for Thursday, so I'm not sure where we're sitting that night.

Pre-show meetup on Friday? Let's find a spot.

And post your seats, folks!
You can't really dust for vomit.

-- Nigel Tufnel
Rob
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby KarenL » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:27 pm

Rob wrote:Karen has the seats for Thursday, so I'm not sure where we're sitting that night.

Pre-show meetup on Friday? Let's find a spot.

And post your seats, folks!

Looking forward to a pre-show meetup, too!

For the Thursday show, Rob, Jessica, and I have Section A, Row 1, seats 18,19,20. Right up front and center.

Talk to you all soon - safe travels,
Karen
KarenL
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby RedEarth » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:35 pm

KarenL wrote:For the Thursday show, Rob, Jessica, and I have Section A, Row 1, seats 18,19,20. Right up front and center.

Eeee! Those are good seats!

I'm really excited for this, and happy to see so many people going! I expect to arrive Thurs. around noon, and I'm still working out details of when I'm heading out. Wow, it's so soon!
Jessica

I don't know but I'm set to find out, I don't know but I'm a gonna find out
RedEarth
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby keith from ny » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:00 pm

Rob wrote:For the Friday night show, Karen, Jessica and I will be in Section A, Row 2, Seats 18, 19 & 20.

Y'all please say hi to my dear friend Trudes sitting in front of you in Section A, Row 1, Seat 19. This will be her first Patty show! :D

Here's a photo of Trudy with Kim Taylor in Kim's coffeehouse (Trudes might actually be her biggest fan):

photo courtesy of Bill Ivester
I don't know nothing except change will come
keith from ny
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Rob » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:37 pm

keith from ny wrote:Y'all please say hi to my dear friend Trudes sitting in front of you in Section A, Row 1, Seat 19. This will be her first Patty show! :D

Here's a photo of Trudy with Kim Taylor in Kim's coffeehouse (Trudes might actually be her biggest fan):

Absolutely, Keith. She will be right in front of us. How funny. We will see you there, too, correct?

-- Nigel Tufnel
Rob
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby keith from ny » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:08 am

Rob wrote:
keith from ny wrote:Y'all please say hi to my dear friend Trudes sitting in front of you in Section A, Row 1, Seat 19. This will be her first Patty show! :D

Absolutely, Keith. She will be right in front of us. How funny. We will see you there, too, correct?

If I was going to be there, I would gladly introduce you myself! Unfortunately no, Trudes and her boyfriend Lenny live just a few miles from Boulder.
keith from ny
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Trudes » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:29 pm

keith from ny wrote:If I was going to be there, I would gladly introduce you myself! Unfortunately no, Trudes and her boyfriend Lenny live just a few miles from Boulder.

Hey...that's me!
I just got approved to be a member of this truly illustrious community and I am duly honored.
(Thanks Gillian)
I have heard mention of y'all from my good bud Keith, over in the Over the Rhine Orchard.
As Keith mentioned above, this will be my maiden voyage on the good ship Patty.
I'll be solo...egads!
But, I knew that fans of Patty must be good peeps, so I feared not buying my singular front row center ticket the instant they went on sale.
I have purchased Patty's first album 'Living with Ghosts on personal recommendation from Kim Taylor. It's a gem.
I have been self-learning guitar for the last year and a half and intend to watch Patty's beautiful acoustic work up close.
Besides Over the Rhine and Cowboy Junkies, some of my favorite singers/bands are:
Kim Taylor
Gillian Welch and David Rawlings
Big Head Todd and the Monsters
Dave Matthews Band...especially the acoustic shows
Antje Duvekot ..my newest obsession, thanks to Keith**

**I saw where the Antje Duvekot message board is hosted by you guys as well. I signed up for that too but there's not much going on there and I have not been approved yet.

Hope to make your aquaintances on Friday night. I still look like that picture above with Kim. See you there.
T xo
Trudes
Falling Down
Falling Down

Postby keith from ny » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:47 pm

Trudes wrote:Antje Duvekot ..my newest obsession, thanks to Keith**

**I saw where the Antje Duvekot message board is hosted by you guys as well. I signed up for that too but there's not much going on there and I have not been approved yet.

Hey Trudes! So very nice to see you here! Image

(I brought my own smilies from the orchard, I don't like these phpBB ones so much)

Truth be told, Gillian badgered me (well, made repeated suggestions) for months to listen to Antje so it's really thanks to her. I'm glad Antje's taking off lately among the OtR fans.

Have a wonderful time Friday!

Hugs,
Keith
keith from ny
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Rob » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:37 pm

Trudes wrote:Hope to make your aquaintances on Friday night. I still look like that picture above with Kim. See you there.
T xo

Hi Trudes!

I will be one of the people sitting right behind you along with Karen and Jessica.

Here's a pic with myself and Karen for ID purposes. We are second and third from the left, next to Keith.

Look forward to meeting you!

-- Nigel Tufnel
Rob
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby keith from ny » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:11 pm

Thanks Rob!

And here's one of me sweating on Jessica in Central Park last summer.

photo courtesy of Rob
(I broke with tradition and had my eyes open in this photo)

Okay Trudes, so now you're not solo anymore. ;) You'll love these guys, have fun!
keith from ny
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby Rob » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:23 pm

keith from ny wrote:Image
photo courtesy of Rob

"photo courtesy of Rob"
.... you think that makes it okay?

I will sue your ass!

Arlene?

(and I believe Jessica sweat on you right back! That was one warm evening!)

-- Nigel Tufnel
Rob
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Next

Return to Shows & Meetups