Boulder 07

Tell us about the Patty shows you've attended, and organize/document PattyFamily meetups

Moderator: gillian

Postby marybeth » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:49 am

Nice to see you on here, Trudes! . I'm sure our Pattybuds will take good care of you at the concert. Come back and tell us how it was.
http://www.marybethdamico.com

Some people don't care if they live or they die
Some people want to know what it feels like to fly

Americana: "a nebulous category of misfits and acquired tastes, many of whom seem to have worn cowboy hats at one time or another" LA Times article
marybeth
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby RedEarth » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:19 am

Welcome, Trudy! I'm looking forward to meeting you.

I'm pretty excited about this, and so happy that so many of you are coming.
Jessica

I don't know but I'm set to find out, I don't know but I'm a gonna find out
RedEarth
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby scottz » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:06 pm

Shoot, I sent this as a PM to Karen early this morning, but I think she'd already left the house. So if anybody else hasn't left yet, here's what's up with us. I'll try to find youz!

Hi Karen! We're just going to the Friday show.
We'll be (depending on weather) arriving at Breckenridge's tiny AG airport around 12:30 MDT Thursday. If it's too cloudy we'll move on to Eagle County over at Vail.
Breckenridge doesn't have NAV-AIDS for instrument approach, plus its at 9000' ele. with a poor runway. Anyway, we'll fly back into Longmont Fri. afternoon to meet up with friends Nico and her son Dah'som for an early supper at something like The Black Angus?. Nico will take us to the show in Boulder from there. I've no idea where our seats are, just that Nico said they're awesome. I'll try calling you when we leave Longmont for Boulder, late Friday afternoon.
If we use the Breck. airport, we won't be going back there until Saturday morning, probably stay the night in Longmont, but if we're using the Vail airport, we'll take Nico and Dah'som back there with us, after the show.
Hope to see you all soon!
Waiting for Lightning...
scottz
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby scottz » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:16 pm

Heh, are there enough commas in that last freakin garbled mess of a passage? It's Patty Fever!
Waiting for Lightning...
scottz
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby gillian » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:15 pm

Just got a call from Karen, who spent 5 hours hiking in Colorado today. She is very excited about the shows. Glad so many of you are going to be there together... have fun!!
gillian
Founder
Founder

Postby Nicoleee » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:47 pm

I heard from Karen, too! I am very much looking forward to concert calls! wWeeeeeeeee...

I send you all virtual hugs. :D
I said to the sky
Do you want me to fly
The sky said, No
Ain't your turn to go

http://amillionkites.blogspot.com/
Nicoleee
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Kelsea » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:51 pm

I swear I didn't make this setlist up, it was just that damn good!!!!!! More later but I can't even wrap my brain around tonights show right now. This is as close as I will ever come to a dream set. Hands down (I say this everytime but I really mean it now) the best Patty show I've ever seen. She was so into the show, the crowed was beside themselves and the band couldn't have been better. Guys, she played One Big Love, I never thought that song would be heard from again. More tomorrow, I am just in shock right now. I went home right after the show but Jess, Rob and Karen were going bus hunting. For their sake I hope they got to meet up with Patty but I am going to have to kck my ass a little if they did. Can't wait to do it all again tomorrow! By the way, Tony has such good potential to be played going into tomorrows show.

1. GYAF
1. SOTR
3. Trapeze
3. Useless Desires
4. Burgundy Shoes
5. First Star!!!
6. Mary (solo)!!!
7. YOU NEVER GET WHAT YOU WANT (yes, I'm shouting!)
8. Be Careful
9. WIDCE
10. No Bad News
11. LTAL
12. Heavenly Day
13. IDEGU
14. Up To The Mountain
15. One Big Love!!!
Encore:
16. Nobody's Crying!!!
17. Let Him Fly
18. Getting Ready
Kelsea
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby KarenL » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:40 am

Thanks for posting the setlist, Kelsea. I can't believe we get to do this again tomorrow :D

Can you believe we just heard Patty sing YNGWYW and One Big Love (and didn't she look like she was having a great time singing it?). I wouldn't mind hearing these again tomorrow, lol. Actually, the entire setlist was a dream. I know I say this all the time, but I really think this is the best Patty has ever sounded. And she looked stunning.

Looking forward to meeting Scott, ArizonaLily, and Trudy tomorrow (Friday). Kelsea and Jessica - you are both so nice. Rob, so are you - but I had met you before, lol.

Thanks, Gillian, I had the best time hiking today and hope to check out a new spot tomorrow.

Virtual hugs back at ya, Nic!
KarenL
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Rob » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:46 pm

Ditto what Karen and Kelsea said.

ONE BIG LOVE!!! Wow. (and it kicked)

Not to mention Mary and YNGWYW, solo, back to back.

Off to happy hour with Karen and Jess in a little while for some mojitos and ceviche.

PS - This show was better than the Lizard. Lizard, better space, for sure, but Patty was ON last night.
You can't really dust for vomit.

-- Nigel Tufnel
Rob
Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Postby Kelsea » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:14 pm

Another amazing show from Patty. I have loads more to write on the last two days but for now I'll just stick with the setlist.

1. J'irai La Vour Un Jour
2. GYAF
3. SOTR
4. Trapeze
5. Useless Desires
6. Burgundy Shoes
7. Kite Song
8. Forgiveness!!!
9. Cold As It Gets
10. Be Careful
11. WIDCE
12. No Bad News
13. LTAL
14. Heavenly Day
15. IDEGU
16. UTTM
17. Truth #2!!!
18. Sweet Lorraine
19. Rain!!!
20. Getting Ready
Kelsea
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby Trudes » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:09 pm

Thanks for posting the setlist, KelseaC.
I missed meeting you, but I did meet Karen, Rob, Jessica and Bridgette. All were so nice and helped to fill me in on Patty details. Hope y'all had a nice visit to Boulder....rain and all. (WTF...it never rains here!!)
Friday night was my very first Patty concert and I must tell you I am so thrilled. The entire night was so enjoyable.
The opener was superb. Terremoto http://www.myspace.com/terremotoproduction...Michael Longoria (Patty's drummer) and Luis Guerra. Wonderful World Music... such astonishing, creative musicians. And they seemed so full of love for their audience. Such beautiful souls. Bravo.
Then came Patty. OMG.
Visually, she is stunning. Flaming red hair...so beautifully messy and free. She tosses it around when she plays and it does what it wants. Dear lord she is tiny. She wore a beautiful black slightly flared dress (below the knee) with toile type fringe. Sparkly pumps with a tall heel...non stiletto (thank gawd). Her many guitars were gorgeous and had pretty straps with sparkles and embroidery.
When she sang it was perfect...her voice is clear as a bell and her words seem to come from her spirit. Her face was pure emotion. I totally enjoyed every song but I think my very favorites were Burgundy Shoes, Forgiveness, Up to the Mountain, Sweet Lorraine, Rain, and Heavenly Day. I tend to like the sad slow songs best.
The band is amazing. The electric guitar (Doug) is outstanding. I think he played acoustic as well. I love the effect of the cello and upright bass.
I was quite surprise that Patty plays the piano as well as guitar. What a package.
All in all, I was very impressed. Patty was so gracious to her fans and complimented them as well as my city. She thanked everyone for coming and for being her fans. The venue was fantastic...small and as intimate as you can get with someone of Patty's renown.
Thank you Gillian for offering chords for Patty's songs and thank you to those who provided them. I have been playing Patty on my guitar all weekend. Man, if she can do it with those tiny hands and fingers , I can try harder.
Bought CRT online when I got home. Can't wait to get it now.
Bravo again.
Trudes xo
Trudes
Falling Down
Falling Down

Postby keith from ny » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:11 pm

Trudes wrote:Thanks for posting the setlist, KelseaC.
I missed meeting you, but I did meet Karen, Rob, Jessica and Bridgette. All were so nice and helped to fill me in on Patty details. Hope y'all had a nice visit to Boulder....rain and all. (WTF...it never rains here!!)
Friday night was my very first Patty concert and I must tell you I am so thrilled. The entire night was so enjoyable.
The opener was superb. Terremoto http://www.myspace.com/terremotoproduction...Michael Longoria (Patty's drummer) and Luis Guerra. Wonderful World Music... such astonishing, creative musicians. And they seemed so full of love for their audience. Such beautiful souls. Bravo.
Then came Patty. OMG.
Visually, she is stunning. Flaming red hair...so beautifully messy and free. She tosses it around when she plays and it does what it wants. Dear lord she is tiny. She wore a beautiful black slightly flared dress (below the knee) with toile type fringe. Sparkly pumps with a tall heel...non stiletto (thank gawd). Her many guitars were gorgeous and had pretty straps with sparkles and embroidery.
When she sang it was perfect...her voice is clear as a bell and her words seem to come from her spirit. Her face was pure emotion. I totally enjoyed every song but I think my very favorites were Burgundy Shoes, Forgiveness, Up to the Mountain, Sweet Lorraine, Rain, and Heavenly Day. I tend to like the sad slow songs best.
The band is amazing. The electric guitar (Doug) is outstanding. I think he played acoustic as well. I love the effect of the cello and upright bass.
I was quite surprise that Patty plays the piano as well as guitar. What a package.
All in all, I was very impressed. Patty was so gracious to her fans and complimented them as well as my city. She thanked everyone for coming and for being her fans. The venue was fantastic...small and as intimate as you can get with someone of Patty's renown.
Thank you Gillian for offering chords for Patty's songs and thank you to those who provided them. I have been playing Patty on my guitar all weekend. Man, if she can do it with those tiny hands and fingers , I can try harder.
Bought CRT online when I got home. Can't wait to get it now.
Bravo again.
Trudes xo

Can't tell you how much I enjoyed reading this, Trudes! :D
I don't know nothing except change will come
keith from ny
Top of the World
Top of the World

Postby KarenL » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:53 pm

Great meeting you Trudes!

A few pics...

(edited) - I deleted my link with hopes of posting them directly to the thread.
Last edited by KarenL on Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KarenL
Under These Clouds
Under These Clouds

Postby Mermaid » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:56 pm

I was also in attendence on Friday...I wish that I would have been able to get online...I didn't realize that there were so many of you meeting up! I headed to Denver earlier in the week and hadn't seen anything posted prior to my departure. I am a bit bummed, I would have liked to meet everyone. We were sitting right next to you...Row 1 16 and 17.

I can't even begin to describe how great this show was, number 6 for me...I would say the best yet. A great mix of old and new. Patty was beautiful and perfect! She was having a lot of fun, too!

My sister and I spent most of Friday shopping in Boulder. We actually ran into Patty in (if you can believe this...) a KITE STORE! She was shopping and seemed to really be enjoying the afternoon. I SO wanted to talk to her, but neither of us wanted to disturb her. I regret not talking to her, but I just didn't want to make her uncomfortable. I'm sad that I wasn't more *bold*, but it was cool to see her "in the real world" for a couple of minutes. She was wearing jeans and a striped shirt and blended right in.

I will also be seeing the Pittsburgh show in about 3 weeks! Can't wait to do it all again!
that summer fields grow high
we made garland crowns in hiding
pulled stems of flowers from my hair
blue in the stream like none I have seen
apart from dreams that escape me
Mermaid
A Place to Stand
A Place to Stand

Postby Trudes » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:05 pm

It was a great show was it not?
Were you the two gals I took a picture of with your camera?
If so, I hope it came out OK.
Hope to meet up with you again, mermaid. We'll make it official next time
T xo
Trudes
Falling Down
Falling Down

PreviousNext

Return to Shows & Meetups