Mountain Winery, Saratoga CA

Tell us about the Patty shows you've attended, and organize/document PattyFamily meetups

Moderator: gillian

Mountain Winery, Saratoga CA

Postby sfboy » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:16 am

AHHHHHHH!! I got second row center seats!!!! The only time I ever get to see Patty close up is when the venue doesn't have reserved seating. Un friggin believable. Anyone else going? Snoopy happy dance.

Kevin
sfboy
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby IBeacher » Mon May 07, 2007 7:47 pm

Anyone from Northern Cal have any suggestions for hotels near Saratoga? I'm seriously thinking of driving up from San Diego for the show. Not sure if she is going to swing thru SoCal again this year. Thanks.

Terry
IBeacher
A Place to Stand
A Place to Stand

Postby sfboy » Thu May 10, 2007 7:16 am

Hey Terry

Just so you know...She's playing the night before the Mountain Winery show at the Wells Fargo center in Santa Rosa (Monday, 7/23), which is about a about a 90 minute to 2 hour drive from Saratoga. If you come up, you should come up for two nights and see Patty twice! The link is:

http://www.wellsfargocenterarts.com/

Click on events and then July and you can get tickets. I doubt it's sold out yet since tickets are still on sale. I don't know about any hotels in the area, though. Sorry.

Kevin
sfboy
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby IBeacher » Thu May 10, 2007 11:40 am

Thanks Kevin! That will probably seal the deal. I will have to make a long weekend out of it and hit both shows. I need a road trip anyway so this will be perfect.

Terry
IBeacher
A Place to Stand
A Place to Stand

First Patty concert!

Postby modzyne » Sat May 26, 2007 12:56 pm

I just got my tickets and I'm in the lower row of the rear bleachers. Has anyone been to this venue? Are those alright seats? They are the best ones they had available! Either way I'm really excited to get to experience her live!
we had the real thing
up there in the moonlight
didnt cost nothing, but each of our hearts
modzyne
Falling Down
Falling Down

Postby sfboy » Sat May 26, 2007 3:02 pm

It's a pretty small venue, and the sound is really good. And it's Patty, in the South Bay, in July (when it tends to be at least a little warmish at night). I'm sure you're going to love it. And just so you know, the Sunday before, Patty is also playing in Ukiah. I don't think the tickets have gone on sale yet. It's going to be GREAT!!! Maybe we can set up a pre-concert Pattyhead chat, just so we can all at least say hello. There are tables outside the actual stage area, so we could meet there and at least say hi.

Kevin
sfboy
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby sfboy » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:02 pm

Again, the setlist was very similar to the two previous shows.

1. Get Yourself Another Fool
2. Stay on the Ride
3. Trapeze
4. Useless Desires
5. Burguny Shoes

solo set
6. Live Forever
7. Forgiveness (Yay!!!--I think that was the first time I've ever herad that live)
8. Backwater Blues
9. Long Ride Home
10. Be Careful

11. When It Don't Come Easy
12. No Bad News
13. Love Throw a Line
14. Heavenly Day
15. I Don't Ever Give Up
16. Up to the Mountain
17. Truth #2

encores
18. Rain
19. Getting Ready

I'll post details of the show tomorrow.

Kevin
sfboy
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Postby sfboy » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:50 am

Well, better late than never, right? My 3rd night of Patty in a row, and it was just wonderful. Alison, who I'd met this spring when she was viisting from Georgia and who now lives here in SF, came over to my house. She drove down with my roommate and me to meet my friend Lisa at a great South Indian restaurant in Sunnyvale. We had yummy Indian food (seriously, is there anything better than a dosa with coconut, cilantro, and tomoto chutneys?) and then drove off to Saratoga. It was a nice summer evening with a slight chilly edge. Alison went off to her seat (she hadn't bought tickets with us) and we went off to our 2nd row seats! The concert was amazing, as usual. Patty was wearing a long leather coat over her dress because it was outside and not all that warm. Forgiveness was amazing. I just love that song. Also, even though Patty told mostly the same stories (i.e. the inspiration behind Burgundy Shoes), she told the stories differently at each of the 3 shows, so each time it was entertaining for me. Other people I've seen multiple times on the same tour (Lindsey {Buckingham, not Lohan!}, are you listening?) repeat the same canned patter word for word. I kind of get the feeling that Patty has hit, for her, the big time. She's confident, singing great, and has a super tight, rocking band. The only down side is that she's varying her setlist much less than before, but that's not a huge downside. And she did a great thing Sunday night. As she introduced Getting Ready, she told the crowd that since it was a little cold, if they wanted to "get up and boogie" it was fine. I always have a hard time at shows where I want to get up and dance (or at least sway) but I don't want to be rude to the people behind me. But at the same time, it's a concert. Isn't it OK to dance, at least to some of the songs, at a concert? Anyway, all my guilt melted since Patty herself had invited us to get up and dance. So my friend Lisa and I had a great time getting our groove on! Patty knows how to rock, but so do Lisa and I!

This show was really really special for me because I got to see so many Patty people. Terry was there and said hi. Thanks again, Terry, for the Stevie CDs! And I saw my amazing Patty friend Jaimie and her husband Even. Jaimie is just the best. She's so fun to talk to, and she knows her Patty! And she even gave me some great pics of Patty from Hardly Strictly a few years ago. She also included a great pic of some singer who sang after Patty at that concert. Her name was something like Joan, uh, Baez or something like that!! The coolest thing was that I met up with an old friend who I'd completely lost touch with. In fact, I walked right by her without even recognizing her. But luckily for me she recognized me! Seeing Laurel, who I used to go to Patty shows with years ago, just really topped off the evening for me.

Lisa, Glenn, Alison and I had a great post-concert walk back to the car. It was a great night!!

Kevin
sfboy
Up and Flying
Up and Flying

Return to Shows & Meetups